Speculation: Leafs looking for a trade: Timashov, Harpur, Bracco made available

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Disagree tbh. It's always easy to say they're easy to find but they're not. You only realize it once they are gone. The ones you find can only skate or only hit and have low skill. He might be better than Moore. Plus his hands are pretty good. He's an interesting case because he comes across as a skill player who succeeds in the "dog" role. I wouldn't be opposed to occasionally running him in the top six as the dog type winger to two of Matt's Nylander Marner or Tavares.
I agree with you that Tima has a little extra than Moore, but I believe it's on the physical side, hes built like a fire hydrant! This allows him to insinuate his will more readily that Moore.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Dubas doesn’t have to trade anyone unless a really good backup goalie option comes up. That said, none of our bigger name players would have to be involved.

Keeping depth that the team has full negotiating control over is a good flexibility to have. Actually cutting down on quality scoring chances allowed with the entire current group would give our goalies a easier time. We can obviously win as we stand and there is no big issues to worry about except injuries.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I kind of get it for Tima. At best case scenario with the Leafs he ends up a 4th line guy, likely wouldnt crack the top 9, at least not this season anyways.

I've watched his entire Marlies career, he should be happy to have just made the show this season because he's been very average over his minor league career

Stick this year and force your way up the lineup instead of asking for a trade, if your not getting minutes next season then you ask to be moved but I'm struggling to see how he thinks he's got a leg to stand on asking for a trade this year

Reactions: hockeywiz542

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I agree with you that Tima has a little extra than Moore, but I believe it's on the physical side, hes built like a fire hydrant! This allows him to insinuate his will more readily that Moore.
I think Moore might be a better straight line skater than Tima. I'd argue Timashov has better hands and possibly better vision as well. Moore is still probably better as of today though. f*** why can't we keep em all

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
It just seems fast considering its his first year in the NHL.

Im not convinced he'll ever be anything then a 4th liner on a good team.
I agree. Reminds me a lot of Brendan Leipsic. Small, energy type player, leaves you thinking there could be offensive upside to his game. Had a fantastic junior career. Put up better Marlies numbers than Tima...and he's currently *drum roll please*....playing on a 4th line LW for the Washington Capitals. Tima is playing in the same spot for us that he likely will be anywhere else. Very odd that he'd want out imo

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Sure Bracco is redundant on this squad...…. Unless Dubas really screwed our cap more than we already perceive. Bracco is a cheap way to replace skill if we are forced to move a skilled forward's big contract for cap reasons.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Just curious where we get the money for a trade of any significance, especially when talking a roster player like Timashov? Aren't we still right at the cap?

Reactions: Ciao and ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Oh i have no idea lol. I had presumed he had but havent any source for it

Friedman is saying they asked, but

12. I went to Game 7 of the Calder Cup Final in 2018 (Toronto beat Texas that night for the championship in a packed, crazed rink — was a fun night). During one of the intermissions, I ran into the great Rich Clune, who was not dressed for the game. He pointed to the person standing next to him and asked, “Have you ever met Jeremy Bracco?” I hadn’t. He said, “You’re going to see plenty of him.” Bracco only dressed for four games in that run, but finished second in the AHL in scoring last season and is fifth in assists this year.
His path to the Maple Leafs is blocked by some elite, elite skill and he wants to see if there’s a better opportunity somewhere else. Toronto is willing to accommodate, but have not been shy in their asks, apparently. I’m curious to see what the market is. I’m also curious to see if this could be part of a bigger deal. Ben Harpur and Dmytro Timashov have also asked Toronto to see what’s out there for them.

Is that really asking to be moved, or could it be more along the lines of "if you don't see a fit for me here is there anything else out there..."

Additionally, what is the timestamp on the ask?

Reactions: Menzinger

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Sure Bracco is redundant on this squad...…. Unless Dubas really screwed our cap more than we already perceive. Bracco is a cheap way to replace skill if we are forced to move a skilled forward's big contract for cap reasons.

Make trades from a position of strength. We could use a decent D prospect for him

Reactions: Menzinger

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think Moore might be a better straight line skater than Tima. I'd argue Timashov has better hands and possibly better vision as well. Moore is still probably better as of today though. **** why can't we keep em all
If we could ice a 50 man roster haha

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think I like Timashov better than Moore as well. Pretty close. Little tougher to play against. I wonder if that holds up long term. Moore had to play most of his hockey this season under Babcock.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Hahahah remember when some people here thought Ben Hapur was a serviceable d-man?

No-one is trading for him. He's not on the block. He's enjoying his last professional hockey on north american ice.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
We'll regret selling on Timashov too soon. He still has room to grow and could turn out to be a good affordable secondary scorer.

Reactions: Havoc and Eb

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I agree with people saying we might be selling on Timashov to early. I think he has some untapped offensive potential and is also a gritty player.

I'm assuming he asked out because he was being healthy scratched a lot. Idk.

The guy we should be looking to trade is Gauthier. He's a big skating useless cotton ball.

Reactions: Duke16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
But at the same time....in regards to Timashov...Friedman also mentioned that the leafs really like Korshkov and Marchment who are with the marlies right now. Both are lefty's as well.

With Mikkheyev most likely re-signed...and Moore most likely kept...I can see why they might look to move Timahov. No space for him next season. Not to mention Engvall is here now too.

For next year

Hyman - Mathews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Korshkov - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Engvall - Marchment

I dont see space for Timashov

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
But at the same time....in regards to Timashov...Friedman also mentioned that the leafs really like Korshkov and Marchment who are with the marlies right now. Both are lefty's as well.

With Mikkheyev most likely re-signed...and Moore most likely kept...I can see why they might look to move Timahov. No space for him next season. Not to mention Engvall is here now too.

For next year

Hyman - Mathews - Marner

Yes this. The player and agent know much more about the situation this year and potentially next year than any of us.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario

For next year

Hyman - Mathews - Marner

I hold onto Timashov way before Marchment. Not even comparable. I dont see much of an NHL future for Marchment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad