Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Who is mad? I am pointing out your factual errors.
In the past decade they have had more than Plek that is as good or better than Kadri.

Kadri is a good 2nd line center not elite.

No such thing as a same division tax

He gets you a mid first round pick and a good prospect, no more.

How many centers can you find that have scored 64 goals over the past 2 seasons, while facing the toughest competition, under contract long term for under 5M? Kadri is the Leafs most valuable asset besides Matthews, and after Matthews gets his extension he will be the Leafs most valuable asset.

Last edited by a moderator:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I mean, OP is really bad, but what the heck is this? Are you for real? I saw Petry + Gally and ‘lol’ then I kept reading to see 3rd Ovr on top of that?

Here I though OP was the biggest homer of the thread then....

Tell him not to make embarrassing proposals so I don't have to give him embarrassing responses....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Oh please, aged matched kadri has always had more skill and better offense. Then when you consider that kadri has developed a strong 2 way game over the past couple years the value drastically swings in kadri’s favour. None of that even matters, this is the reality: for the past decade you’ve only had one guy who is comparable to kadri, your c depth is non existent and you’re going to have to drastically overpay to get kadri. Im telling you that the market price would be 3OA whether you like it or not is irrelevant, thats what it would take, not 2 ****ty seconds and jacob de la bust.
You asked a question. You didn't get the answer you wanted and tap-danced around the facts. Plekanec was a far better two-way C, a much more effective special-teams player, much better on faceoffs, and at least as good offensively as Kadri. That made him a better C, which was the direct answer to your question, which I suppose is why you changed your response to "None of that even matters".

Honestly, I don't really care about the actual trade proposal and wasn't responding to it. Kadri is not the direction the Habs should or will be going. No interest in overpaying for a #2C. As to the Habs' current situation, the only constant in the NHL is how things change unexpectedly and despite all predictions to the contrary. Look how many teams have flip-flopped in the last two/three years. Same will be true two/three years from now. This isn't a shot at Toronto or hype for Montreal, it's the simple reality of how worthless people's predictions always are.

Reactions: Deam78

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.

"Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri" | "Kadri isn’t worth 3OA"

2007 3rd Overall = Kyle Turris
2008 3rd Overall = Zach Bogosian
2009 3rd Overall = Matt Duchene
2010 3rd Overall = Erik Gudbranson
2011 3rd Overall = Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 3rd Overall = Alex Galchenyuk
2013 3rd Overall = Jonathan Drouin

I can't decide if I would trade Kadri for ZERO or ONE of those 3rd overall picks.

BTW - Did you notice the Matt Duchene trade this season?

MATT DUCHENE
STATS:
77GP - 18G - 23A - 41PTS | -34
CAP HIT: $6,000,000 x 2 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Soft 1-way player, dressing room cancer, must be traded.
RETURN:

- 2018 Round 1 Pick | 04 Overall
- 2017 Round 1 Pick | 28 Overall (Shane Bowers)
- 2014 Round 2 Pick | 42 Overall (Vlad Kamenev)
- 2016 Round 2 Pick | 47 Overall (Samuel Girard)
- 2018 Round 2 Pick | 58 Overall
- 2018 Round 3 Pick | 83 Overall
- Andrew Hammond

NAZIM KADRI
STATS:
80GP - 32G - 23A - 55PTS | +2
CAP HIT: $4,500,000 x 4 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Two-way center, can shut-down superstars, count on 30G/60PTS.
RETURN:
- 'Definitely not worth a 3rd overall' - Habs Fan
- 'Two 2nd rounders in the top 50 is an absolutely solid offer' - Habs Fan
- 'I might do Juulson & a 38th - he'd be your 12th best d-man' - Habs Fan

--------------

Listen Pasta Sauce....I know it was tough for you to read this....having your manhood utterly & spectacularly crushed by hard facts is tough for any man to swallow....I understand that....but I truly believe you needed to go trough this....and that you'll become a better man because of it....you might even become a man who doesn't post horrifically incorrect opinions on the internet. But then again....maybe you won't.

If someone you love still believes Bergevin can right the ship - please share this message.

#BellLetsTalk

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
"Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri" | "Kadri isn’t worth 3OA"

2007 3rd Overall = Kyle Turris
2008 3rd Overall = Zach Bogosian
2009 3rd Overall = Matt Duchene
2010 3rd Overall = Erik Gudbranson
2011 3rd Overall = Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 3rd Overall = Alex Galchenyuk
2013 3rd Overall = Jonathan Drouin

I can't decide if I would trade Kadri for ZERO or ONE of those 3rd overall picks.

BTW - Did you notice the Matt Duchene trade this season?

MATT DUCHENE
STATS:
77GP - 18G - 23A - 41PTS | -34
CAP HIT: $6,000,000 x 2 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Soft 1-way player, dressing room cancer, must be traded.
RETURN:

- 2018 Round 1 Pick | 04 Overall
- 2017 Round 1 Pick | 28 Overall (Shane Bowers)
- 2014 Round 2 Pick | 42 Overall (Vlad Kamenev)
- 2016 Round 2 Pick | 47 Overall (Samuel Girard)
- 2018 Round 2 Pick | 58 Overall
- 2018 Round 3 Pick | 83 Overall
- Andrew Hammond

NAZIM KADRI
STATS:
80GP - 32G - 23A - 55PTS | +2
CAP HIT: $4,500,000 x 4 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Two-way center, can shut-down superstars, count on 30G/60PTS.
RETURN:
- 'Definitely not worth a 3rd overall' - Habs Fan
- 'Two 2nd rounders in the top 50 is an absolutely solid offer' - Habs Fan
- 'I might do Juulson & a 38th - he'd be your 12th best d-man' - Habs Fan

--------------

Listen Pasta Sauce....I know it was tough for you to read this....having your manhood utterly & spectacularly crushed by hard facts is tough for any man to swallow....I understand that....but I truly believe you needed to go trough this....and that you'll become a better man because of it....you might even become a man who doesn't post horrifically incorrect opinions on the internet. But then again....maybe you won't.

If someone you love still believes Bergevin can right the ship - please share this message.

#BellLetsTalk
Checkmate :biglaugh:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Ohh gawd just no. The kid is a good second line center to have but he is not a first line center. He has the habit of taking stupid penalties too boot. In no world is Kadri worth a 3rd overall pick.

Drouin & Galchenyuk turned into AMAZING 1st line centers didn't they?

Oddly enough - they are both 3rd overall picks - and in no world are they worth a Kadri.

You'r opinion has been violated - without consent.

Please consult a professional.

#BellLetsTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosscrease14

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Counter:

In the event they sign Tavares

Nylander

for

Weber@5M AAV
35th OA
62 OA

I think that hurts now but if Tavares is there to cover the loss of offense, it fits both teams well. Habs get a 22 year old top line player who can be a center for them, and the Leafs get Weber on a deal that is affordable with their cap crunch and a pair of 2nds to help restock some of the pool.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Counter:

Nylander

for

Weber@5M AAV
35th OA
62 OA

I think that hurts now but if Tavares is there to cover the loss of offense, it fits both teams well. Habs get a 22 year old top line player who can be a center for them, and the Leafs get Weber on a deal that is affordable with their cap crunch and a pair of 2nds to help restock some of the pool.

I doubt Nylander pans out as a Center....does that make it the perfect deal for Montreal ?

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
lmao this guy, lets perform some regressions on that data too, my god his entire day is ruined because I said kadri was better or something. Ill take kadri any day, you keep you're putrid C depth, how about that? Don't forget, the legendary leaf plekky never hit 30 :)

Now back to business, heres the reality for you
-Your current team has nothing close to kadri at C.
-In the past decade you arguably have had 1 C as good as kadri
-Kadri is an elite 2c
-Same division tax
- The cost is 3OA

now you are here getting all mad that I said kadri was better than plek a decade ago... who the hell cares? its irrelevant to your C depth today!

You have literally nothing else we would want. Drouin makes no sense for us, weber would but his contract is too trash and hes getting older, mete isn't what we need right now, what can you give us? 2 seconds? not happening pal. Its 3 or nothing.

Just stop and ask yourself, why the hell would the leafs want to lose a matthews kadri 1 2 punch down the middle? it just wouldn't make sense. The fact that it makes no sense means it would cost a lot. If you don't want to accept that reality then thats just too bad for you.

I agree with most to all of this - but Kadri is 100% worth more than the #3 overall !

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
You asked a question. You didn't get the answer you wanted and tap-danced around the facts. Plekanec was a far better two-way C, a much more effective special-teams player, much better on faceoffs, and at least as good offensively as Kadri. That made him a better C, which was the direct answer to your question, which I suppose is why you changed your response to "None of that even matters".

Honestly, I don't really care about the actual trade proposal and wasn't responding to it. Kadri is not the direction the Habs should or will be going. No interest in overpaying for a #2C. As to the Habs' current situation, the only constant in the NHL is how things change unexpectedly and despite all predictions to the contrary. Look how many teams have flip-flopped in the last two/three years. Same will be true two/three years from now. This isn't a shot at Toronto or hype for Montreal, it's the simple reality of how worthless people's predictions always are.

Unfortunately you are incorrent - Plekanec doesn't deserve the right to tie Kadri's skates....never did....the two of them actually had this discussion in Toronto.

The result was....Plekanec was allowed to tie Kadri's skates each game....but he had to wear plastic gloves & he wasn't allowed to look Kadri in the eye while they tying was in progress.

Plekanec did a lot for the Leafs while he was here....the equiptment never looked so good....and I'm sure you'll be glad to have him back in Montreal....I bet he's excited to be a #1 center again too.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

No need to respond, my boys took care of you already.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Petry is better than the vast majority of posters on this site give him credit for, and Petry to the Leafs really does make a lot of sense.

However, it's not going to be as the centerpiece in a deal for Kadri.

Petry for Martin (cap) + Brooks + 25th + small add is something I could get behind and I think would be a decent deal for both teams.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Counter:

Nylander

for

Weber@5M AAV
35th OA
62 OA

I would only retain 1 million on Weber but otherwise would probably make that deal

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not sure. I still think Nylander moving to center eventually is 50/50 at best

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
If you mean they made me laugh, yes, consider me well-entertained.
lmao this guy. hey buddy ill tell you what, if Dahlin is still on the board at 35, maybe i'll entertain the 2 seconds offer. My god, its just the prototypical move from the HF playbook, vastly undervalue proven elite players and greatly overvalue draft picks. That recent list of 3oa's ain't looking too hot, i'll tell you that...

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
He's a generational 1st line center on Montreal...so why are you making this point?

I honestly don't understand what you're doing here with this post? Are you trying to chirp me? Agreeing with me?

Kadri is unquestionably a 1C on Montreal, he has no competition at this point. But he's a lower end 1C or excellent 2C when compared to his peers. Plays tough minutes, signed to a sweetheart deal.
IMO that's absolutely worth 3rd OA in this draft.

The poster I was replying to was trying to undersell him.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I honestly don't understand what you're doing here with this post? Are you trying to chirp me? Agreeing with me?

Kadri is unquestionably a 1C on Montreal, he has no competition at this point. But he's a lower end 1C or excellent 2C when compared to his peers. Plays tough minutes, signed to a sweetheart deal.
IMO that's absolutely worth 3rd OA in this draft.

The poster I was replying to was trying to undersell him.

TBH I replied to the wong post.

My bad.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
lmao this guy. hey buddy ill tell you what, if Dahlin is still on the board at 35, maybe i'll entertain the 2 seconds offer. My god, its just the prototypical move from the HF playbook, vastly undervalue proven elite players and greatly overvalue draft picks. That recent list of 3oa's ain't looking too hot, i'll tell you that...
Might want to read what was actually written before you dig your hole any deeper. I wasn't discussing the trade proposal. I answered your question that, up until two/three years ago, Plekanec was the better center.

And you might want to meditate on the concept of overvaluing if you believe Kadri is "Elite". Lol...

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Might want to read what was actually written before you dig your hole any deeper. I wasn't discussing the trade proposal. I answered your question that, up until two/three years ago, Plekanec was the better center.

And you might want to meditate on the concept of overvaluing if you believe Kadri is "Elite". Lol...
uh huh, so hes not the better scorer, but turtleneck has that MB "character" that you all love huh. My greatest hope for naz is that he too can one day have enough character to wear turtlenecks as well, and follow in the great fabric of the mighty plekanec!

c'est bon!

Meanwhile back in reality, plek can't carry nazzy's skates, AINEC! take that for some proper hf'ing!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
uh huh, so hes not the better scorer, but turtleneck has that MB "character" that you all love huh. My greatest hope for naz is that he too can one day have enough character to wear turtlenecks as well, and follow in the great fabric of the mighty plekanec!

c'est bon!

Meanwhile back in reality, plek can't carry nazzy's skates, AINEC! take that for some proper hf'ing!
Lol. Thanks for tossing in every cliche in existence. The "AINEC" was a nice touch.

Doesn't matter what nifty phrases you type, Plekanec was a more productive and much more effective center than Kadri has ever been. And since you're focused exclusively on goals, don't forget my earlier offer for Nylander: Byron one-for-one, because they both have the same number of goals. Totally fair, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad