Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Kadri+Carrick for Petry+de la Rose+35th+38

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

A Gauthier for McCarron swap might also make sense?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I jump on this. Kadri would be amazing for the Habs (his childhood favorite team).

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think teams would have a tough time talking the Leafs into moving Kadri's sweet contract when they'll need every cap dollar soon enough.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The official leaf response: LOL

You want kadri? the cost is 3oa. How many top 6 c's in the league have a better value contract/production than a prime aged kadri? petry and a 2nd lmaooooooo. Don't want to give up 3? don't get a top 6 c, simple as that. Gotta pay to play boys.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

You want kadri? the cost is 3oa. How many top 6 c's in the league have a better value contract/production than a prime aged kadri? petry and a 2nd lmaooooooo. Don't want to give up 3? don't get a top 6 c, simple as that. Gotta pay to play boys.
OP is a Leafs fan.

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018

3OA > Kadri but no way would I flip Kadri for a winger

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
hmmm a top6 C with back to back 30g+ seasons for petry, a B prospect and seconds?

thats a pretty quick no. I dont see the leafs considering this unless Montreal offers pick 3 straight up,
or maybe even Weber with significant retention

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
hmmm a top6 C with back to back 30g+ seasons for petry, a B prospect and seconds?

thats a pretty quick no. I dont see the leafs considering this unless Montreal offers pick 3 straight up,
or maybe even Weber with significant retention
MTL would be happy to send Weber with some retention to TOR in exchange for Kadri. This way, MTL gets younger.

Reactions: Grabner

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.

wait wait.. you want a guy who is top 10 in goals at his position over the past 2 years and on a sweetheart 4.5mil deal AND a 1st for the 3rd pick?

since 2001 guess how many #3 picks have had more than one 30g season?

ONE. Toews in 2006. The odds are decent that Zadina doesnt even get to Kadris level, and thats ignoring the fact that he will be a winger.

leafs laugh and just keep their 30+g/55-60+pt C.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Maybe he's not worth 3rd overall but he's incredibly valuable given his production and contract and unless a team is offering something over the top, like the third pick, theres no incentive to move him. The Leafs center depth is good with Kadri. You trade him and it suddenly gets incredibly thin.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Petry is not scraps

he isnt scraps

but he also shouldnt be the main piece in helping a division rival get a C that has averaged 32g/58pts the last two seasons

if im the leafs id maybe consider moving pick 25 + a D prospect (Borgman/rosen/nielsen) + some salary (Martin?) for
petry, but not a chance do they do Kadri unless Tavares signs in TO and montreal blows them away with an offer
(Weber@6M could do)

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Kadri isn't worth the third overall from a value standpoint but there's not really anything else MTL has that would make me part with him.

I mean Mete is nice, as is Lekhonen, and I doubt Drouin and Domi are in play, but one for one Kadri is just worth more.

This package is alright, I personally wouldn't do it but the value isn't out of whack.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

And then the threads goes all to hell. 3rd OA.:facepalm:

Reactions: Pickles

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

Nicely. Maple Leafs and Habs and Buffalo is greatest.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Wow.
I can't even provide any constructive feedback for this because it's so bad for Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad