Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No. He's just not worth a top 4 dman + two early 2nds. Those two early 2nds hold a lot of value as there isn't all that much difference in the talent pool between the 15th and 40th spots.

I would say that the early 2nds hold value to a re-building team, but there is no evidence that M.B. is going in that direction. At least not yet.

M.B. seems to have the tendency to make moves to win now. He will gladly take Kadri to improve his team.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
And then the threads goes all to hell. 3rd OA.:facepalm:
Classic hf overvaluing picks again. Show us a better 2c on a better contract than kadri’s. Pony up big boy or go another 5 years without a top 6 C I don’t care.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Ohh gawd just no. The kid is a good second line center to have but he is not a first line center. He has the habit of taking stupid penalties too boot. In no world is he worth a 3rd overall pick.
No problem, then we walk!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Whos the last hab C better than kadri?
Holy crap that is not how things work....derp Who is that last whatever who was better. A GM does not sit there and go errr Kadri is possibly better than any center we have had in 10 years so ya I am going to trade a 3rd overall pick for him...come on.

edit: And for the record, Thomas Plekanec was as good or superior to Kadro is most aspects of the game at the same age. Plekanec got old and his last two season have been meh offensively but before that he was a great second line center.

Last edited:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Holy crap that is not how things work....derp Who is that last whatever who was better. A GM does not sit there and go errr Kadri is possibly better than any center we have had in 10 years so ya I am going to trade a 3rd overall pick for him...come on.

edit: And for the record, Thomas Plekanec was as good or superior to Kadro is most aspects of the game at the same age. Plekanec got old and his last two season have been meh offensively but before that he was a great second line center.
so we're going with 8 years huh. niceeeeeeeee.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.

The point was that he's not willing to part with Kadri unless it's an overpayment.

No need for you to jump in and let us know the value of the players on the leafs.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Plekanec was a better C than Kadri up until two/three years ago.
lmao, how many 30g seasons has he had exactly? The undervaluing of kadri on here is insane!!! oh well, you aren't getting him anyways!

Reactions: Schooner

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
lmao, how many 30g seasons has he had exactly? The undervaluing of kadri on here is insane!!! oh well, you aren't getting him anyways!
This is your one-and-only piece of evidence -- goals? Not faceoffs. Not defensive zone starts or success (hint: Plekanec blows Kadri away). Not PK. Just goals?

Okay. Then let's trade Paul Byron for Nylander straight up, because... goals.

Seriously, man, Kadri is a fine center. But until Plekanec's offence dropped off a cliff he was better overall.

Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Ya scoring 30 goals is the only measure of how good a center is...you have to be a kid for sure.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is your one-and-only piece of evidence -- goals? Not faceoffs. Not defensive zone starts or success (hint: Plekanec blows Kadri away). Not PK. Just goals?

Seriously, man, Kadri is a fine center. But until Plekanec's offence dropped off a cliff he was better overall.

Exactly and without mentioning Plek is a better setup man as evidenced by his assist and point totals over the years. And it's not like he was some terrible goal scorer, he has 7 20+ goal season and 232 career goals.

Reactions: Lshap

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
The point was that he's not willing to part with Kadri unless it's an overpayment.

No need for you to jump in and let us know the value of the players on the leafs.

Well I did and I’ll do it again. Kadri isn’t worth 3oa. I remember Jordan Stall fetching PIT 12 or 13 OA and he’s better defensively than Kadri and has some offensive finesse. I’d be pissed if we traded a 1st for him.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

Oh please, aged matched kadri has always had more skill and better offense. Then when you consider that kadri has developed a strong 2 way game over the past couple years the value drastically swings in kadri’s favour. None of that even matters, this is the reality: for the past decade you’ve only had one guy who is comparable to kadri, your c depth is non existent and you’re going to have to drastically overpay to get kadri. Im telling you that the market price would be 3OA whether you like it or not is irrelevant, thats what it would take, not 2 shitty seconds and jacob de la bust.

Reactions: Schooner

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Well I did and I’ll do it again. Kadri isn’t worth 3oa. I remember Jordan Stall fetching PIT 12 or 13 OA and he’s better defensively than Kadri and has some offensive finesse. I’d be pissed if we traded a 1st for him.

When was the last time the Habs had a 30 goal scoring centreman? When was the last time they had a 30 goal centreman for two consecutive years? Kirk Muller?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Oh please, aged matched kadri has always had more skill and better offense. Then when you consider that kadri has developed a strong 2 way game over the past couple years the value drastically swings in kadri’s favour. None of that even matters, this is the reality: for the past decade you’ve only had one guy who is comparable to kadri, your c depth is non existent and you’re going to have to drastically overpay to get kadri. Im telling you that the market price would be 3OA whether you like it or not is irrelevant, thats what it would take, not 2 ****ty seconds and jacob de la bust.

What a load of bull. Kadri does not have the same skill level as Plek and certainly does not have better offence. Kadri has developed his two way game but again it's not at the level of Pleks.

AgeKadriPlek
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
What a load of bull. Kadri does not have the same skill level as Plek and certainly does not have better offence. Kadri has developed his two way game but again it's not at the level of Pleks.

AgeKadriPlek
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
lmao this guy, lets perform some regressions on that data too, my god his entire day is ruined because I said kadri was better or something. Ill take kadri any day, you keep you're putrid C depth, how about that? Don't forget, the legendary leaf plekky never hit 30 :)

Now back to business, heres the reality for you
-Your current team has nothing close to kadri at C.
-In the past decade you arguably have had 1 C as good as kadri
-Kadri is an elite 2c
-Same division tax
- The cost is 3OA

now you are here getting all mad that I said kadri was better than plek a decade ago... who the hell cares? its irrelevant to your C depth today!

You have literally nothing else we would want. Drouin makes no sense for us, weber would but his contract is too trash and hes getting older, mete isn't what we need right now, what can you give us? 2 seconds? not happening pal. Its 3 or nothing.

Just stop and ask yourself, why the hell would the leafs want to lose a matthews kadri 1 2 punch down the middle? it just wouldn't make sense. The fact that it makes no sense means it would cost a lot. If you don't want to accept that reality then thats just too bad for you.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
lmao this guy, lets perform some regressions on that data too, my god his entire day is ruined because I said kadri was better or something. Ill take kadri any day, you keep you're putrid C depth, how about that? Don't forget, the legendary leaf plekky never hit 30 :)

Now back to business, heres the reality for you
-Your current team has nothing close to kadri at C.
-In the past decade you arguably have had 1 C as good as kadri
-Kadri is an elite 2c
-Same division tax
- The cost is 3OA

now you are here getting all mad that I said kadri was better than plek a decade ago... who the hell cares? its irrelevant to your C depth today!

You have literally nothing else we would want. Drouin makes no sense for us, weber would but his contract is too trash and hes getting older, mete isn't what we need right now, what can you give us? 2 seconds? not happening pal. Its 3 or nothing.

Just stop and ask yourself, why the hell would the leafs want to lose a matthews kadri 1 2 punch down the middle? it just wouldn't make sense. The fact that it makes no sense means it would cost a lot. If you don't want to accept that reality then thats just too bad for you.

Who is mad? I am pointing out your factual errors.
In the past decade they have had more than Plek that is as good or better than Kadri.

Kadri is a good 2nd line center not elite.

No such thing as a same division tax

He gets you a mid first round pick and a good prospect, no more.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
If we Sign John tavares I'd trade kadri for that package lol :P

If you sign Tavares that's even more reason to keep Kadri, not trade him.....why would you trade Kadri if you get Tavares?

OP is horrific. 4.5M for a consistent 30G center is stupid. Kadri is a 1st line center on many teams

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00