Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Lol. Thanks for tossing in every cliche in existence. The "AINEC" was a nice touch.

Doesn't matter what nifty phrases you type, Plekanec was a more productive and much more effective center than Kadri has ever been. And since you're focused exclusively on goals, don't forget my earlier offer for Nylander: Byron one-for-one, because they both have the same number of goals. Totally fair, right?
:laugh: is this mod really trying to bait me into a ban right now? wth?????? no kadri for you! keep your damn seconds!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Drouin & Galchenyuk turned into AMAZING 1st line centers didn't they?

Oddly enough - they are both 3rd overall picks - and in no world are they worth a Kadri.

You'r opinion has been violated - without consent.

Please consult a professional.

#BellLetsTalk
Are you a little sick in the head? Almost all in bold and two colors?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
"Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri" | "Kadri isn’t worth 3OA"

2007 3rd Overall = Kyle Turris
2008 3rd Overall = Zach Bogosian
2009 3rd Overall = Matt Duchene
2010 3rd Overall = Erik Gudbranson
2011 3rd Overall = Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 3rd Overall = Alex Galchenyuk
2013 3rd Overall = Jonathan Drouin

I can't decide if I would trade Kadri for ZERO or ONE of those 3rd overall picks.

BTW - Did you notice the Matt Duchene trade this season?

MATT DUCHENE
STATS:
77GP - 18G - 23A - 41PTS | -34
CAP HIT: $6,000,000 x 2 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Soft 1-way player, dressing room cancer, must be traded.
RETURN:

- 2018 Round 1 Pick | 04 Overall
- 2017 Round 1 Pick | 28 Overall (Shane Bowers)
- 2014 Round 2 Pick | 42 Overall (Vlad Kamenev)
- 2016 Round 2 Pick | 47 Overall (Samuel Girard)
- 2018 Round 2 Pick | 58 Overall
- 2018 Round 3 Pick | 83 Overall
- Andrew Hammond

NAZIM KADRI
STATS:
80GP - 32G - 23A - 55PTS | +2
CAP HIT: $4,500,000 x 4 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Two-way center, can shut-down superstars, count on 30G/60PTS.
RETURN:
- 'Definitely not worth a 3rd overall' - Habs Fan
- 'Two 2nd rounders in the top 50 is an absolutely solid offer' - Habs Fan
- 'I might do Juulson & a 38th - he'd be your 12th best d-man' - Habs Fan

--------------

Listen Pasta Sauce....I know it was tough for you to read this....having your manhood utterly & spectacularly crushed by hard facts is tough for any man to swallow....I understand that....but I truly believe you needed to go trough this....and that you'll become a better man because of it....you might even become a man who doesn't post horrifically incorrect opinions on the internet. But then again....maybe you won't.

If someone you love still believes Bergevin can right the ship - please share this message.

#BellLetsTalk
LOL what a load of smoke and mirrors with little substance. Comparing a current player who is 26 to guys of various ages who happened to be drafted third overall does not show anything and is nothing more than a false equivalency.

And then you throw in the Duchene trade which at the time nobody knew was going to be 4th overall. On top of it you are totally off with regards to your evaluation of Duchene. One way player? Please . Locker room cancer? Source?

Learn a little more about hockey kid, you are so off now that it hilarious.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I honestly don't understand what you're doing here with this post? Are you trying to chirp me? Agreeing with me?

Kadri is unquestionably a 1C on Montreal, he has no competition at this point. But he's a lower end 1C or excellent 2C when compared to his peers. Plays tough minutes, signed to a sweetheart deal.
IMO that's absolutely worth 3rd OA in this draft.

The poster I was replying to was trying to undersell him.
Then why are the Leafs letting him go. Not to often you see a team let a lower end 1C or excellent 2C go.
Kadri worth the 3rd OA. What a joke.Only in Laff Land.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
:facepalm: just :facepalm:. What's next Rielly is one of the top 5 D-men in the league. Keep on planning that parade.

You don't understand how draft picks work I guess.

Galchenyuk & Drouin are both 3rd overall picks. Neither would get you Kadri...and they are two of the best 3rd overall picks from the past 10 years....Gudbranson, Bogosian & Turris are also on that list.

And this year there are literally 10 guys who could go third overall. That's not a good sign if you're looking for elite talent.

Good luck in the draft though - hopefully Bergy doesn't take Kotiemi like they've been saying - he's was ranked 19th at Christmas - so he must be better than Kadri already - just like Jack Johnson was when he wen't 3rd overall.

Emoji's don't compete with facts.

#theTruth

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
LOL what a load of smoke and mirrors with little substance. Comparing a current player who is 26 to guys of various ages who happened to be drafted third overall does not show anything and is nothing more than a false equivalency.

And then you throw in the Duchene trade which at the time nobody knew was going to be 4th overall. On top of it you are totally off with regards to your evaluation of Duchene. One way player? Please . Locker room cancer? Source?

Learn a little more about hockey kid, you are so off now that it hilarious.

Pretty sad response.....but you can expect your 3OA to be the average of those 10 guys.

Which happens to be worse than Kadri.

#facts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
When was the last time the Habs had a 30 goal scoring centreman? When was the last time they had a 30 goal centreman for two consecutive years? Kirk Muller?
The better question is, when was the last time they've had a top-6 centre?

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
"Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri" | "Kadri isn’t worth 3OA"

2007 3rd Overall = Kyle Turris
2008 3rd Overall = Zach Bogosian
2009 3rd Overall = Matt Duchene
2010 3rd Overall = Erik Gudbranson
2011 3rd Overall = Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 3rd Overall = Alex Galchenyuk
2013 3rd Overall = Jonathan Drouin

I can't decide if I would trade Kadri for ZERO or ONE of those 3rd overall picks.

BTW - Did you notice the Matt Duchene trade this season?

MATT DUCHENE
STATS:
77GP - 18G - 23A - 41PTS | -34
CAP HIT: $6,000,000 x 2 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Soft 1-way player, dressing room cancer, must be traded.
RETURN:

- 2018 Round 1 Pick | 04 Overall
- 2017 Round 1 Pick | 28 Overall (Shane Bowers)
- 2014 Round 2 Pick | 42 Overall (Vlad Kamenev)
- 2016 Round 2 Pick | 47 Overall (Samuel Girard)
- 2018 Round 2 Pick | 58 Overall
- 2018 Round 3 Pick | 83 Overall
- Andrew Hammond

NAZIM KADRI
STATS:
80GP - 32G - 23A - 55PTS | +2
CAP HIT: $4,500,000 x 4 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Two-way center, can shut-down superstars, count on 30G/60PTS.
RETURN:
- 'Definitely not worth a 3rd overall' - Habs Fan
- 'Two 2nd rounders in the top 50 is an absolutely solid offer' - Habs Fan
- 'I might do Juulson & a 38th - he'd be your 12th best d-man' - Habs Fan

--------------

Listen Pasta Sauce....I know it was tough for you to read this....having your manhood utterly & spectacularly crushed by hard facts is tough for any man to swallow....I understand that....but I truly believe you needed to go trough this....and that you'll become a better man because of it....you might even become a man who doesn't post horrifically incorrect opinions on the internet. But then again....maybe you won't.

If someone you love still believes Bergevin can right the ship - please share this message.

#BellLetsTalk

You really think Kadri is worth 3OA because some teams whiffed on 3rd overall? Who was drafted 3OA the year before turris? A franchise altering centerman that became the youngest player to captain his team to the Stanley cup? Tell me again how in the f*** 3OA is fair for Nazem Kadri. Just cause your high on a 55 pt player on your team doesn’t mean anyone else values him like you do. Again, I like Kadri and would take him over Krejci in a heartbeat, I wouldn’t give up a 1st before 14 for him tho. Definitely not f***in 3OA.

Leafs fans got try to be mean on the internet cause they can’t get any W’s in real life. 4-1 8 minutes left.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
On pure player value this is an easy no from me as a Leafs fan. When you add in the fact that Kadri is just hitting his stride and only making 4.5 million long term in a time where the Leafs will suddenly be filled with big contracts....yeah. You can't do this.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You really think Kadri is worth 3OA because some teams whiffed on 3rd overall? Who was drafted 3OA the year before turris? A franchise altering centerman that became the youngest player to captain his team to the Stanley cup? Tell me again how in the **** 3OA is fair for Nazem Kadri. Just cause your high on a 55 pt player on your team doesn’t mean anyone else values him like you do. Again, I like Kadri and would take him over Krejci in a heartbeat, I wouldn’t give up a 1st before 14 for him tho. Definitely not ****in 3OA.

Leafs fans got try to be mean on the internet cause they can’t get any W’s in real life. 4-1 8 minutes left.
10:22 iirc not 8

Reactions: dirty stanchion

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Not nearly enough value for Kadri. Like not even close.

As for the 3rd overall, I would believe that the pick has a lot more value to Montreal than Kadri. The thing is though Kadri has more value to the Leafs than the 3rd overall pick.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
As for the 3rd overall, I would believe that the pick has a lot more value to Montreal than Kadri. The thing is though Kadri has more value to the Leafs than the 3rd overall pick.

The whole magic is a lot of lesser-known players in the drafts around the next season each season that should get the chance in every build of the NHL team.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
I don’t trade Montreal anything.

Not a broken Matthews skatelace nor the used tape from Mitch Marner’s stick.

Let them wallow in the Bergebed they have made.

Nothing you have gets you Kadri and that includes 3OA... (am I doing this right Sansabri?)

Really pissed Lou lost his mind at the TDL and coughed up a 2nd for Plekanec. But we have Dubas to prevent such stupidity now.

“Enjoy” your team and we’ll enjoy ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->