Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Kadri+Carrick for Petry+de la Rose+35th+38

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

A Gauthier for McCarron swap might also make sense?

This is so far from fair to the Leafs....it makes me wonder how you treat women & children.
- Stay away from my family.

A much closer deal would be:

TO MONTREAL:
Kadri + Carrick

TO TORONTO:
Petry + Gallagher + De La Rose + 1st Round Pick (3rd overall in 2018).

Last edited:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

"De la Rose & Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry".

De Le Rose would struggle to plug holes on the Marlies....

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Leafs wouldn't trade Kadri to get Petry. Doesn't interest us unless we sign Tavares or Stastny. What WOULD interest us is having both Kadri AND Petry on our team.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If the Leafs sign JT (they won't), then I'd give Montreal Kadri for Weber (@5mil)
Obviously Montreal won't like that but there is literally nothing else on that team (other than #3) that gets Kadri.

Reactions: drewjenks

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site

Yep, that could work. We could leave the rest out and just go with this one.

Reactions: drewjenks

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.
Ya, thanks.

It would cost 3OA. (which, we'd probably flip)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Pass for me. Leafs can't be moving Kadri.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
This is so far from fair to the Leafs....it makes me wonder how you treat women & children.

TO MONTREAL:
Kadri + Carrick

TO TORONTO:

I mean, OP is really bad, but what the heck is this? Are you for real? I saw Petry + Gally and ‘lol’ then I kept reading to see 3rd Ovr on top of that?

Here I though OP was the biggest homer of the thread then....

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The official leaf response: LOL

You want kadri? the cost is 3oa. How many top 6 c's in the league have a better value contract/production than a prime aged kadri? petry and a 2nd lmaooooooo. Don't want to give up 3? don't get a top 6 c, simple as that. Gotta pay to play boys.

Ohh gawd just no. The kid is a good second line center to have but he is not a first line center. He has the habit of taking stupid penalties too boot. In no world is he worth a 3rd overall pick.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

TO MONTREAL:
Kadri + Carrick

TO TORONTO:

Muhahhahah this is even worse.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Ohh gawd just no. The kid is a good second line center to have but he is not a first line center. He has the habit of taking stupid penalties too boot. In no world is he worth a 3rd overall pick.

Yeah so true. A centre playing the tough minutes putting up 30g isn't worth a winger that might score 30 one day. Ludicrous

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yeah, Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri. He’s a great player and I’d take him over Krejci but Kadri isn’t worth 3OA. Two picks in the top 50 are absolutely a solid jumping point. But Petry and De la Rose aren’t getting it done. I might do Juulsen and 38. Leafs would at least need to swap 1st rounders if you want 3oa.
:laugh: How generous of you. We'll pass.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

TO MONTREAL:
Kadri + Carrick

TO TORONTO:

This one is out of the park. Well done.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Leafs decline. Kadri adds an element the rest of the team lacks and petry doesn't add what they truly need; he is gardener but right handed.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
WTF are you talking about?
The Leafs, who are no longer in the "sell sell sell" phase of their rebuild are not interested in trading away a 30g scoring C who plays matchup minutes against opponent's top lines. The 3rd overall could turn into a very good player, or it could turn into a player with less value than Kadri. The Leafs are not interested in taking that gamble and will therefore not trade you Kadri for the 3rd overall.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The Leafs, who are no longer in the "sell sell sell" phase of their rebuild are not interested in trading away a 30g scoring C who plays matchup minutes against opponent's top lines. The 3rd overall could turn into a very good player, or it could turn into a player with less value than Kadri. The Leafs are not interested in taking that gamble and will therefore not trade you Kadri for the 3rd overall.

That's not exactly what he said, especially with the mention of a winger, which I assume he means Zadina.

I like Kadri overall but it would be a huge mistake to trade the 3rd overall for him as he is a excellent 3rd line center, a really good 2nd line center but he is not a first line center.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Leafs are short of NHL centre, so trading Kadri is not happening. And the continued nonsense of numbering players and their positions as 2C, 4C or whatever. Yes, I think Nylander is moving to centre....to give the Leafs a strong middle. But the Leafs can't go into the season with just Matthews, Nylander and AHLer Aaltonen at centre.
And Petry, yes he would help, but really Zaitsev and Hainsey are playing the right side, and Petry...or whoever takes 18 or 20 minutes. Certainly not worth the Leafs giving up Kadri for Petry. Not saying the trade isn't fair, but really doesn't match the Leafs need. Similarly the never ending Hamilton for Nylander proposals are the same. Fills one hole, but creates another.
PS. rather have Gauthier than McCarron. Why? Gauthier I'm not sure if he an NHLer, but I know McCarron isn't.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
That's not exactly what he said, especially with the mention of a winger, which I assume he means Zadina.

I like Kadri overall but it would be a huge mistake to trade the 3rd overall for him as he is a excellent 3rd line center, a really good 2nd line center but he is not a first line center.

Kadri, is a player who is built for the playoffs, he is that guy who wins you the war of attrition by grinding down and possibly injuring your opponents top center,

And at the same time, he can score 30 f**king GOALS

You DON'T trade that guy if you are lucky enough to have him, I hate the Leafs but if I were them, there's not much in the league I would give up Kadri for, He is a younger, less injured Ryan Kesler

He has Conn Smythe type potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad