"Leafs fans, stop overvaluing Kadri" | "Kadri isn’t worth 3OA"

2007 3rd Overall = Kyle Turris
2008 3rd Overall = Zach Bogosian
2009 3rd Overall = Matt Duchene
2010 3rd Overall = Erik Gudbranson
2011 3rd Overall = Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 3rd Overall = Alex Galchenyuk
2013 3rd Overall = Jonathan Drouin

I can't decide if I would trade Kadri for ZERO or ONE of those 3rd overall picks.

BTW - Did you notice the Matt Duchene trade this season?

MATT DUCHENE
STATS:
77GP - 18G - 23A - 41PTS | -34
CAP HIT: $6,000,000 x 2 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Soft 1-way player, dressing room cancer, must be traded.
RETURN:

- 2018 Round 1 Pick | 04 Overall
- 2017 Round 1 Pick | 28 Overall (Shane Bowers)
- 2014 Round 2 Pick | 42 Overall (Vlad Kamenev)
- 2016 Round 2 Pick | 47 Overall (Samuel Girard)
- 2018 Round 2 Pick | 58 Overall
- 2018 Round 3 Pick | 83 Overall
- Andrew Hammond

NAZIM KADRI
STATS:
80GP - 32G - 23A - 55PTS | +2
CAP HIT: $4,500,000 x 4 Years (then UFA)
SCOUTING REPORT: Two-way center, can shut-down superstars, count on 30G/60PTS.
RETURN:
- 'Definitely not worth a 3rd overall' - Habs Fan
- 'Two 2nd rounders in the top 50 is an absolutely solid offer' - Habs Fan
- 'I might do Juulson & a 38th - he'd be your 12th best d-man' - Habs Fan

--------------

Listen Pasta Sauce....I know it was tough for you to read this....having your manhood utterly & spectacularly crushed by hard facts is tough for any man to swallow....I understand that....but I truly believe you needed to go trough this....and that you'll become a better man because of it....you might even become a man who doesn't post horrifically incorrect opinions on the internet. But then again....maybe you won't.

If someone you love still believes Bergevin can right the ship - please share this message.

#BellLetsTalk

those 3rd overalls are pretty irrelevant to the topic for various reasons already mentionned. funny that you started before toews and stopped before draisaitl though. also, there's no pure goalscorer like zadina in this list of 3rd OAs.

Last edited:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
those 3rd overalls are pretty irrelevant to the topic for various reasons already mentionned. funny that you started before toews and stopped before draisaitl though. also, there's no pure goalscorer like zadina in this list of 3rd OAs.

YOUR GM ISN'T GOING TO SELECT ZADINA....JUST THOUGH I'D WARN YOU !

And all 3rd Overall picks all had incredible qualities that were going to make them a superstar...

Until they didn't translate to the NHL.

Turris was the next Joe Sakic.....Gudbranson was the next Pronger.

You act like it's a golden ticket....I'm just proving that you're exactly right....30% of the time.

There's like 10 different guys that could go 3rd OA at the moment....that usually means no one is the clear superstar....rather than all 10 of them being clear superstars.

Good luck this week....and got bless Bergevin's 1 for 1 trades....and draft record.

#PrayForMontreal #BellLetsTalk #AboutANewGM

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Cute discussion.

I wouldn't trade the 3rd overall for kadri but that's because I want us to rebuild.

Kadri is probably better than whoever we get at 3rd overall but the chance that this years third overall is better than kadri is still very possible

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
If we Sign John tavares I'd trade kadri for that package lol :P[/QUO
Kadri+Carrick for Petry+de la Rose+35th+38

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

A Gauthier for McCarron swap might also make sense?

EWWWW. Kadri to montreal is 3ov. end of discussion.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Cute discussion.

I wouldn't trade the 3rd overall for kadri but that's because I want us to rebuild.

Kadri is probably better than whoever we get at 3rd overall but the chance that this years third overall is better than kadri is still very possible
This is a well put together post...kudos.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is so far from fair to the Leafs....it makes me wonder how you treat women & children.
- Stay away from my family.

A much closer deal would be:

TO MONTREAL:
Kadri + Carrick

TO TORONTO:
Petry + Gallagher + De La Rose + 1st Round Pick (3rd overall in 2018).

close this thread. posters are drunk. Kadri is a nice piece, but he isn't worth a 40 pt / top 3 d-man, 30 goal scorer (26 y.o) on a ridiculous contract and the 3rd overall pick. go shaft someone else

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
close this thread. posters are drunk. Kadri is a nice piece, but he isn't worth a 40 pt / top 3 d-man, 30 goal scorer (26 y.o) on a ridiculous contract and the 3rd overall pick. go shaft someone else

The problem there is that referring to Petry as a 40 pt d-man is like referring to Clarkson as a 30 goal scorer. Petry has topped 28 points once by the age of 30 and only topped 27 points 3 times by the age of 30. Smart managers do not value players based on the outlier.

Last year there were several Hab fans at the start of the season rationalizing their offense as on par with Toronto and Washington. At the time, I pointed out that if you looked at the players historical production, you could safely bet on Toronto having 5-6 20+ goal guys and Montreal maybe 3. Toronto finished with 6 and Montreal with 2 to no one's surprise (those that rely on numbers and not emotion)

For the record, I like Petry and proposed him as a target for Toronto at trade deadline. But to suggest Kadri and Petry as being particularly close in value is silly. Kadri is 17th in the league for goals and 52nd overall in points over the last 2 years yet has the 170th highest cap hit, a number that is only going to go down for another 4 years.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The official leaf response: LOL

You want kadri? the cost is 3oa. How many top 6 c's in the league have a better value contract/production than a prime aged kadri? petry and a 2nd lmaooooooo. Don't want to give up 3? don't get a top 6 c, simple as that. Gotta pay to play boys.

I love Kadri but wouldn’t trade the 3OA for him. He’s an elite #2 but he’s not worth that. At least not to Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad