Proposal: LEAFS-HABS

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Please lock this up.

Kadri is a 60 Point 2x30 goal 2C who is decent on the dot and draws penalties. Oh ya did I mention he is making 4.5 Million Per? The only way we trade him is if we could get a 1 RHD and yes we would likely add. Second, if we trade him we basically become the Habs regarding our CTR depth. No thanks. As is we are still trying to figure out who is going to be our 3C and 4C. Subtracting Kadri makes no sense let alone for Petry. Petry is a decent 3/4 but he is nothing to write home about and not somebody I'm willing to trade a core piece for.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Please lock this up.

Kadri is a 60 Point 2x30 goal 2C who is decent on the dot and draws penalties. Oh ya did I mention he is making 4.5 Million Per? The only way we trade him is if we could get a 1 RHD and yes we would likely add. Second, if we trade him we basically become the Habs regarding our CTR depth. No thanks. As is we are still trying to figure out who is going to be our 3C and 4C. Subtracting Kadri makes no sense let alone for Petry. Petry is a decent 3/4 but he is nothing to write home about and not somebody I'm willing to trade a core piece for.

I don't get it....

1. Mathews
2. Marner/Nylander/Kadri
3. Marner/Nylander/Kadri
4. Some stiff

What's wrong with that center line-up? There are some issues, but raw talent isn't one of them

Is there some concern that Mathews doesn't play like a #1 center, or a center at all and is more like a really talented winger who lines up in the middle? (Like Matt Duchane) I can see that being a concern, it was something I noticed about Mathews game that I really didn't care for. I would almost say Marner and Kadri are better pure centers, if not hockey players, then Mathews

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
That's not exactly what he said, especially with the mention of a winger, which I assume he means Zadina.

I like Kadri overall but it would be a huge mistake to trade the 3rd overall for him as he is a excellent 3rd line center, a really good 2nd line center but he is not a first line center.

You really didn't follow that?

Possibly playing dumb to play down Kadri's value?

Anyway, with the lack of C I'm assuming you'll take bpa at 3? That's a winger...

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kadri+Carrick for Petry+de la Rose+35th+38

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

A Gauthier for McCarron swap might also make sense?

Not a bad proposal other then the idea of Nylander playing center.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I don't get it....

1. Mathews
2. Marner/Nylander/Kadri
3. Marner/Nylander/Kadri
4. Some stiff

What's wrong with that center line-up? There are some issues, but raw talent isn't one of them

Is there some concern that Mathews doesn't play like a #1 center, or a center at all and is more like a really talented winger who lines up in the middle? (Like Matt Duchane) I can see that being a concern, it was something I noticed about Mathews game that I really didn't care for. I would almost say Marner and Kadri are better pure centers, if not hockey players, then Mathews

If we trade Kadri our C depth looks like this:

Mathews
???????
???????
???????

And while Nylander has played C he hasn't been very effective in the NHL. As a 3C it might help getting his footing and give him some time but again we would have to trade or sign a 2C to replace Kadri and his very low cap hit. No Thanks. Rather just roll with what we have or add.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Kadri+Carrick for Petry+de la Rose+35th+38

Habs get their top 6 center and the Leafs get their top 4 RHD. de la Rose and Carrick to fill the holes left by Kadri and Petry. The 35th and 38th are the difference in value of Kadri and Petry.

Leafs can now move Nylander to 2nd center and the Habs can give Juulsen a chanse in the top 4.

A Gauthier for McCarron swap might also make sense?

My only other criticism is using Kadri to acquire picks (35th and 38th).

Is this a HFBoards thing where drafting is more important than winning?

Is TOR really in the mode of hoarding as many draft picks as humanly possible? I hope not. I don't see drafting as bad, but not at every cost.

I am hoping one of these days TOR uses their 1st to improve the defense.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Lol....why would the leafs want to HELP us out by fixing our glaring issue that has plagued us for decades?

they would never throw us a life vest like this, they would throw us an anchor

also, the leafs need a TOP pairing dman.....Petry is a 4-6 guy

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I sometimes dream of a day where sansabri reads a trade proposal between MTL and TOR and is willing to admit it favors MTL. I've yet to see that happen, but when it does it's gonna blow everyone's mind on here.....

I fail to see how this favors MTL.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
This isn't an actual argument.

If I thought you could be convinced by reasoning or facts or statistical evidence then I would take the time to try and provide and argument for you. But that's clearly not the case with you. If a proposal involves both Toronto and Montreal, your opinion is set in stone on every single thread. I sometimes wonder if you even read through the entire proposal before stating how bad it is for MTL.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
If I thought you could be convinced by reasoning or facts or statistical evidence then I would take the time to try and provide and argument for you. But that's clearly not the case with you. If a proposal involves both Toronto and Montreal, your opinion is set in stone on every single thread. I sometimes wonder if you even read through the entire proposal before stating how bad it is for MTL.

Long roundabout to more bickering.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
You really didn't follow that?

Possibly playing dumb to play down Kadri's value?

Anyway, with the lack of C I'm assuming you'll take bpa at 3? That's a winger...
It's arguably a winger as in a number of ratings Zadina is now listed as low as 5th. So time will tell but Kadri is still not worth a 3rd overall pick.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
It's arguably a winger as in a number of ratings Zadina is now listed as low as 5th. So time will tell but Kadri is still not worth a 3rd overall pick.

So a different winger? There are no projected 1Cs there...

If you don't think his age fits the rebuild (you might want?) I understand.

But a 30g/tough defensive minutes/pest centre signed for 4.5M per year is absolutely worth those W prospects.

You keep trying to pretend he's a 3C. Please tell me who some of these guys are?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So a different winger? There are no projected 1Cs there...

If you don't think his age fits the rebuild (you might want?) I understand.

But a 30g/tough defensive minutes/pest centre signed for 4.5M per year is absolutely worth those W prospects.

You keep trying to pretend he's a 3C. Please tell me who some of these guys are?

Actually a couple of the dmen have seen their stock jump.

When did I say he was only a 3rd line center? I said he was excellent on the 3rd line and very good on the 2nd but is not a 1st line center which is the only scenario I'd want to trade the 3rd overall in a trade.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Actually a couple of the dmen have seen their stock jump.

When did I say he was only a 3rd line center? I said he was excellent on the 3rd line and very good on the 2nd but is not a 1st line center which is the only scenario I'd want to trade the 3rd overall in a trade.

I guess the difference is I think he's a low-end 1C, or excellent 2C. I suspect numbers back that up.

Fair enough if there's a dman you've got your eye on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad