Leafs Chances of Making Playoffs (Reddit User)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This is a tough week relative to Panthers.

They have a better pts% and have games in hand. They get to face Jackets and Sens. We get Wild and Jets.

It's amazing how much damage Babcock did. We can go 14-4-1 under Keefe and still not be in the clear for playoffs.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
This is a tough week relative to Panthers.

They have a better pts% and have games in hand. They get to face Jackets and Sens. We get Wild and Jets.

It's amazing how much damage Babcock did. We can go 14-4-1 under Keefe and still not be in the clear for playoffs.
Florida has a tonne of road games coming up though. Just finished a stretch of 15 of 19 at home including a 9 game home stand.

Just 4 road games since November 12th, we've played 14 in that time and Babcock was still the coach of this team lol

Reactions: Havoc

salamicartier

Jul 22, 2018
The scheduling is weird. The Leafs normally have those games down south during the holiday season.

For whatever reason, the NHL schedules the Canadiens in Tampa and Florida during the holiday season each and every year. In Sunrise they are guaranteed a sellout (or close to it) however the vast majority of the crowd cheers for Montreal.

I don't think the Leafs have been (in Sunrise at least) since December 2016. The Leafs only make the late-December trip to Tampa/Florida once every 3-4 years I'd say.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
It's pretty crazy how good this team is. 2nd in the conference despite severe coaching issues, and one of the worst injury situations in the league. Games 9 through 29 are particularly brutal. And it's going to be another adventure without Muzzin and Mikheyev. But this team is so good and so deep and so well managed and so well coached that we'll be fine, and hopefully perfectly healthy (for what would be the first time all season) rolling into the playoffs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's pretty crazy how good this team is. 2nd in the conference despite severe coaching issues, and one of the worst injury situations in the league. Games 9 through 29 are particularly brutal. And it's going to be another adventure without Muzzin and Mikheyev. But this team is so good and so deep and so well managed and so well coached that we'll be fine, and hopefully perfectly healthy (for what would be the first time all season) rolling into the playoffs.

I think you're posting on the wrong board.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I would never count on being fully healthy. Actually, the Leafs injury situation is the norm.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Awesome day

1 point over Bruins
2 points over Habs, Panthers, and sabres

The Lightning are heating up. 4 game win streak. 7-2-1 last 10

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Awesome day

1 point over Bruins
2 points over Habs, Panthers, and sabres

The Lightning are heating up. 4 game win streak. 7-2-1 last 10

Lightning were bound to heat up.

The chances of us facing them in the 1st rd is growing game by game.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This team will saunter into the playoffs.

Saunter seems to fit this team.

I hope we shake that atmosphere.

We need to improve our shutdown game.

Cant say I've seen much of that. Almost none under Babcock. For years.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Don’t look now but our division makes sense again, Boston, Leafs, TB top 3.

Is interesting how TB looks like they changed coaches too, completely different team. No replacing talent.

Reactions: The Cobra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad