Leafs Chances of Making Playoffs (Reddit User)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Our schedule isn't that much easier than other Atlantic playoff teams.

leafs.2020.schedule.vs.other.teams.jpg

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
It's easier that Florida, Tampa and Boston and around the same level of difficulty as Montreal

It's not a huge advantage but it is an advantage

The team not playing and being coached like we're tanking helps more though

Well, at least now it looks like the Sabres and Habs are slowly falling out of the race as we are now 8 points ahead of the Sabres with the same amount of games and we are 7 points up on the Habs with them having only 1 game in hand. I have a feeling the Panthers will eventually join them and again it'll be the Bruins, Leafs and Bolts being the only 3 Atlantic teams in the Playoffs. I just hope we can hold on to the home-ice advantage. I don't mind playing the Bolts in the playoffs as long as they play as bad as they did last year.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Our schedule isn't that much easier than other Atlantic playoff teams.

View attachment 300915

I'm not sure how they calculate these numbers but I compared our schedule to Tampa

LeafsLightning
# Games4144
# Away 1924
# Back to Backs49
# rested vs b2b opponent6 0
# Playoff opponents1823
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Leafs have less games in total, less road games, less back to backs, less playoff opponents and in 6 occurrences they play a team on the back end of a back to back when we are rested.

I would say leafs have an easier schedule.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not a great night on the score board but winning is the important thing.
Buffalo winning doesn't bother me, because it came against the Oilers.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Loser points is a dumb phrase IMO. A lot of loser points means you earned ties in regulation but haven't done well in GIMMICK points (3on3 and shootouts). And when it really matters (playoffs), there are no more gimmicks. If not for gimmick points, the Bruins lead over us would be bigger, that's the truth. And there's a ton of fluctuation in gimmick points, it's all pretty much meaningless.

It doesn't matter anyway, under Keefe we're awesome and we look poised to win it all this spring. Looking forward to the NYI game, GLG!!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not a great night on the score board but winning is the important thing.
Buffalo winning doesn't bother me, because it came against the Oilers.

Buffalo is irrelevant no matter who they played and how they did.

Leafs can take Boston this year. Last year, with Keefe's coaching they take game 6 and win the series.

We can take anyone this year as long as we're healthy.

Reactions: glue and stickty111

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Buffalo is irrelevant no matter who they played and how they did.

We can take anyone this year as long as we're healthy.

I agree, but TB is scaring me a little. They will be extremely motivated after last year's embarrassing exit. We all know they are the most talented team in the east.

Reactions: glue

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I agree, but TB is scaring me a little. They will be extremely motivated after last year's embarrassing exit. We all know they are the most talented team in the east.

Yeah not an ideal 1st round opponent for sure. Not gonna worry about that now though, just have to focus on our game, maybe we win our division, who knows.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
We are 6th in the league before the end of games tonight. Will be passed by some but still an amazing feat

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Weve surpassed the wildcards.

Remember a month ago when the media experts told us they were out of reach?

Not so fast (and not quite). We're 7th in the East for the moment, but yeah those media experts were nuts (as they so often are).

The way I see it is that we're in a tightly packed group of 5 teams that are 5-9th in the East. Standings are changing on a game to game basis, win a few more games and we might be in 5th, lose a few and we might be at the back of the pack again. Either way though, we've come a long way from 12th place in the East where we were a few weeks ago.

Reactions: MattySnipes

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Can't see the Bruins getting caught this year unless a lot of injuries occur.
Expect a Bolts v Leafs 1st round matchup. I like our team in 6 games. then to beat Boston in 6 games. Keefe knows how to coach these guys. But we need to get Keefe a couple more defensive defenders for the run. Expect a few injuries to our defense. It will happen. And we are thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln