Leafs Chances of Making Playoffs (Reddit User)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
If we win tonight we’ll only be 6 back of Boston and 6 ahead of Florida, this is a huge opportunity we need to try and take advantage of

Reactions: The Cobra

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have always just assumed Tampa would pass us.

I have never assumed that and never will because that is a loser attitude, even if they did I would expect Toronto get it right back but at no point this year have I EVER feared Tampa

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I have never assumed that and never will because that is a loser attitude, even if they did I would expect Toronto get it right back but at no point this year have I EVER feared Tampa

? who said anything about fearing Tampa. There is a very good chance they pass us. Either way doesn’t mean they beat us in playoffs.

The leafs will be fighting with Florida for the Atlantic and then the wildcard teams in the metro.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
? who said anything about fearing Tampa. There is a very good chance they pass us. Either way doesn’t mean they beat us in playoffs.

The leafs will be fighting with Florida for the Atlantic and then the wildcard teams in the metro.

Eeven if they did I'd expect Toronto to get it right back, especially given their upcoming schedule.

I am confident Toronto will finish ahead of Tampa

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Both Tampa and Florida play more games on the road going forwards. Hell, Tampa plays 10 games in the next 16 nights, 7 of which are on the road.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Games in hand are good to keep in mind, but if we are 3 points up on Tampa, let’s say, and they have 3 games in hand, there is a possibility that they get more than 3 points in those 3 games, but it’s a fact that the Leafs have.

So games in hand I don’t worry about unless it’s 6-7 games or something ridiculous

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
When you are 8 points from first in the league are you still in danger of missing the playoffs?

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
When you are 8 points from first in the league are you still in danger of missing the playoffs?

8 points half way through the season is a lot. 16 pts or so projected over the whole year. But no they are a playoff team starting to distance themselves from the other Atlantic and possible wild card teams now.

Last edited:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Gaining 2 points on Florida is huge. They're our main contender for a division spot (i'm assuming Boston & Tampa will nab the other spots).

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Embarrassing thread. Should be renamed "Guess the date Toronto passes Boston for first in the Division".

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019

Yes, given Tampa is 3 points behind us with 3 in hand, Florida 6 back with 2 in hand. The way I see it until a team has clinched a spot, they are not out of danger. Lets not get cocky here.

Reactions: hoglund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not likely but far from impossible. An interesting question might be what's more likely, the Leafs catching Boston or the Leafs missing the playoffs? Unless Andersen gets injured I think catching Boston is more likely myself.

Hopefully we keep rolling and before the end of Jan this thread title will be changed to "Leafs chances of catching Boston".

And then a few weeks later to "Leafs chances of staying in 1st place". :)

Shameless bump. :DD

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Boston's awesome backup got embarrassed with three stoppable shots

Our backup got a shutout :DD:DD

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Gaining 2 points on Florida is huge. They're our main contender for a division spot (i'm assuming Boston & Tampa will nab the other spots).
Kind of crazy that we could win our next 3 games, extending our point streak to 13 and still not gain any ground over Tampa in that timespan due to Tampa playing some makeup games.

We've gained 6 points on Boston, 7 on Florida, 12 on Montreal and Buffalo, but Tampa was always going to be the biggest challenger to us pulling away with home ice.

Just have to keep winning and hopefully take that game in Florida on the 12th.

Reactions: I Believe

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
So we still missing the playoffs now or what?

lets go boyos
There are many teams that are close. There's going to be many good teams missing the playoffs because of there are so many 3 points games it's easy to catch a team. The Leafs could be one of the unlucky good teams that miss the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland