Leafs Chances of Making Playoffs (Reddit User)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
true. I guess I don’t really hold as much weight in the stats. I personally think Tampa are just playing their game and learned lastyear not to burn out in the reg season. I feel they are a sleeping giant. Saving themselves for playoffs and aiming at 2nd or 3rd in Atlantic. Meaning not playing Bruins first round and getting hot at the right time. This is just a hunch but I think they learned a lot lastyear and only care about post season. They could be scary good soon. Or they could miss playoffs entirely. I hope I’m wrong.
Tampa locker room: hey guys remember how we had an amazing season last year and sucked in the playoffs? This year let's just not try at all cuz were sleeping giants. Let's f***ing lose a bunch because our egos dont play into this, were sleeping giants after all. Losing is fine, let's attempt to make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth and "save" energy!

Were sleeping giants.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Tampa locker room: hey guys remember how we had an amazing season last year and sucked in the playoffs? This year let's just not try at all cuz were sleeping giants. Let's ****ing lose a bunch because our egos dont play into this, were sleeping giants after all. Losing is fine, let's attempt to make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth and "save" energy!

Were sleeping giants.

Lol. Boy did you ever miss the point.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Remember when Barrie and Muzzin came here and hfboards and the media all declared they were our best 2 dmen by miles?

Well, weve all seen the results. Theyre just players. Neither is better then Rielly, neither is better then Gardiner in his best years. Hell, Muzzin isnt any better then Phaneuf in his last few years here.

Other teams have issues. Other players arent always perfect. The grass, in fact, is not always greener on the other side.
Agreed LA were hot and cold on Muzzin when he was traded. Liked his game but talked about his warts too.

There are few perfect players in the league, coaches need to find ways to make the group be the best.

Still not a perfect team, and definitely has their own warts that need to be corrected somewhat before they are considered Cup caliber, but a heck of alot closer to cup caliber than the Babs team. The breakouts alone are shockily better... and the use of the points in the offensive zone.

I was a fan of babs..but what the hell was he doing? Or is this team still playing on the adrenalin from the babcock firing?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Only after they are played

Nope. Teams with games in hand have opportunities that teams that have already used those opportunities don't have. And that's worth something, even if it's impossible to precisely quantify.

Agreed. The Athletic's model has us at 88%.

88% sure seems to me to be a lot more sensible number then 65% so obviously their model is better.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Agreed LA were hot and cold on Muzzin when he was traded. Liked his game but talked about his warts too.

There are few perfect players in the league, coaches need to find ways to make the group be the best.

Still not a perfect team, and definitely has their own warts that need to be corrected somewhat before they are considered Cup caliber, but a heck of alot closer to cup caliber than the Babs team. The breakouts alone are shockily better... and the use of the points in the offensive zone.

I was a fan of babs..but what the hell was he doing? Or is this team still playing on the adrenalin from the babcock firing?
I think that Keefe coaches the same style that Dubas built the team to be and it’s not adrenaline anymore. The team probably wouldn’t have turned it around with Babcock still there, he didn’t seem to have the ability to adapt his style.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Regulation win is the most important thing.

That said I think I would rather Tampa win over the Habs tonight.

horner

May 22, 2007
Muzzin we need to resign him

Barrie has no clue how to play defence
NJ game
2 on 1 what was he doing should have taken away the pass .
Left the shooter for the goaltender.
Goal

Lost the puck on a light stick check
Goal

Last edited:

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
We gained 1 point on the habs.

If they win their 2 games in hand they won't catch us.

:banana:

Last edited:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think that Keefe coaches the same style that Dubas built the team to be and it’s not adrenaline anymore. The team probably wouldn’t have turned it around with Babcock still there, he didn’t seem to have the ability to adapt his style.

"Probably" wouldn't turn it around? Babs "didn't seem" to be able to adjust? Gotta say that's extraordinarily generous phrasing on both accounts.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Scoreboard watch for today

Bruins over Sabres
Red wings over Lightning
Canadiens over Panthers

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Disagree. We arent getting 98 points.

View attachment 288937

Our best shot is finishing 3rd in the East in our weak division.

We need to beat MTL FLA BUF in the 2,4,2 games left with them.

upload_2019-12-9_18-6-18-png.288937

It's amazing how far we've come.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Anyone who complains about the Leafs defensive play should watch this Habs Panthers game.

striker3

Mar 26, 2019

This post is everything I’ve been meaning to say but haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad