Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blue Jackets | Oct.25/13 | 7pm(EST) | Clarkson Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV*

Mark Masters‏@markhmasters2m
Nik Kulemin skating before Leafs practice; first time we've seen him on ice since ankle injury

Leafski

Jun 29, 2011
I miss Komarov :(

His hit late and skate away tactic really seemed to take other players off their game. I imagine it also wore them down as well.

Of course he's not some amazing can't miss player as he had very little offensive output, but i think it would've been extremely entertaining to see him and Clarkson on the same team. He was also quite a good penalty killer.

I think intimidation and agitation are a huge part of the game as it really can affect how the other team plays. Some tunnel vision, some grip their sticks tighter in anger, and very few have the ability to fully block it out. Every player reacts differently.

I really hope Kadri starts yapping again and getting under the other teams skin. When he was at his best last season was when he started really agitating.

Bolland has long been known as an 'agitator', but that part of his game has really died down post-injury.

Clarkson is Clarkson.

Maclaren, if he comes out using his size and playing a strong forechecking and hitting game could up our intimidation some.

Ditto for Orr. He's only playing 6-9 minutes a game. But he's definitely not lacking in effort. So far he's making the minutes he does play count, which is nice to see.

Kulemin is a different beast altogether, but is honestly one of my favorite players. He, like Clarkson, gives his all every shift. He forechecks very well (hits less than he used to, but can still dish it out. See a few of his hits during the last playoffs). Oh, and he's great defensively and is often tasked to shadow opposing teams best forwards.

Lastly is Fraser. Again, big body who can clear the net. Our only Defensive d, who also likes to hit often and hard.

What i'm saying is that its very hard to have a fully healthy line-up, but if our team can manage it, I think we'll see a completely different team out there. Playing with Clarkson may rub off on Kadri and he may become his agitating self again. Clarkson, Kulemin, and Bollands effort out should also give energy to the team. We will definitely be better in forechecking and along the oppositions boards. We should also be better defensively.

We're not the best team in the league, but barring more injuries and if things come together, this is going to be one fun team to watch in 2 weeks (?) time.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Man that 2nd line of Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson will be amazing, so excited to see Clarkys net presence. I wasn't feeling Raymond on a top 6 role, he just wasn't that good offensively.

Clarkson loves shooting also that that'll really help us get SOG since we get outshot all the time.

Asif16*

I miss Komarov :(

His hit late and skate away tactic really seemed to take other players off their game. I imagine it also wore them down as well.

Of course he's not some amazing can't miss player as he had very little offensive output, but i think it would've been extremely entertaining to see him and Clarkson on the same team. He was also quite a good penalty killer.

I think intimidation and agitation are a huge part of the game as it really can affect how the other team plays. Some tunnel vision, some grip their sticks tighter in anger, and very few have the ability to fully block it out. Every player reacts differently.

I really hope Kadri starts yapping again and getting under the other teams skin. When he was at his best last season was when he started really agitating.

Bolland has long been known as an 'agitator', but that part of his game has really died down post-injury.

Clarkson is Clarkson.

Maclaren, if he comes out using his size and playing a strong forechecking and hitting game could up our intimidation some.

Ditto for Orr. He's only playing 6-9 minutes a game. But he's definitely not lacking in effort. So far he's making the minutes he does play count, which is nice to see.

Kulemin is a different beast altogether, but is honestly one of my favorite players. He, like Clarkson, gives his all every shift. He forecheck's very well (hits less than he used to, but can still dish it out. See a few of his hits during the last playoffs). Oh, and he's great defensively and is often tasked to shadow opposing teams best forwards.

Lastly is Fraser. Again, big body who can clear the net. Our only Defensive d, who also likes to hit often and hard.

What i'm saying is that its very hard to have a fully healthy line-up, but if our team can manage it, I think we'll see a completely different team out there. Playing with Clarkson may rub off on Kadri and he may become his agitating self again. Clarkson, Kulemin, and Bollands effort out should also give energy to the team. We will definitely be better in forechecking and along the oppositions boards. We should also be better defensively.

We're not the best team in the league, but barring more injuries and if things come together, this is going to be one fun team to watch in 2 weeks (?) time.

+1. Getting clarkson and Mclaren back will help. Clarkson coming back will maybe raise KAdri's agitation level.

Mclaren will surely start something. He seems more like a "trash talker" to me, where orr is just a "you wanna go" tyoe of fighter.

And yes, i think the main guy is Fraser. Fans finally start to see how valuable this guy is after going down. He is a badass mofo, and our D looks 10x more tough with this guy in it

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Man that 2nd line of Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson will be amazing, so excited to see Clarkys net presence. I wasn't feeling Raymond on a top 6 role, he just wasn't that good offensively.

Clarkson loves shooting also that that'll really help us get SOG since we get outshot all the time.

Raymond deson't have the hockey IQ or physicality or high skill level to consistently handle a top 6 role.

Clarkson at least brings a good shot and great board work/possession.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I love how Clarkson's goal in that YT vid, right in the slot or right in front of the net.

This mother****er better bring that Wendel Clark type attitude every game. Just that fiery mother****er, that Tucker/Clark vicious pitbull ATTITUDE AHHHHHHHHHHHH

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I think he'll be bad, wasn't very impressive in his preseason he was trying to do too much. BUT I hope I'm wrong. He'll definitely provide the physicality and grit we were lacking, minus the last game vs the ducks.

Iskandm004

Jun 14, 2007
Leivo has been sent down

so new line ups?

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Clarkson
Raymond Bolland Mac
Bodie Smith Orr

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
#ReleaseTheClarkson

Can't believe I'm missing both weekend games, stupid night shifts.

I'm going to miss my hockey game just to watch this.

clown4.gif

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So pumped!! I don't have to work Friday night so I'm having some friends over for the game. Going to be awesome to see Clarkson finally don the Leaf jersey officially for the first time.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Every time I forget to put on my jersey, the team plays terrible...but as soon as I throw it on, it's a win. every damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad