Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blue Jackets | Oct.25/13 | 7pm(EST) | Clarkson Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Woot! Clarkson is back just in time for the BJ's! He shoots he scores! Right in the 5-hole.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
this is going to be an interesting game, every loss this season has been against a team that starts with the letter C. Lets stop that trend, hope clarkson gets a goal

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this is going to be an interesting game, every loss this season has been against a team that starts with the letter C. Lets stop that trend, hope clarkson gets a goal

if every loss came with a team that starts with a C that means it's going to be a fan.tas.tic. season :D

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
On topic, I think we're overvaluing Clarkson's return. His impact won't be noticed on the first game alone, but rather a series of tidbit shifts throughout the season. Who should we look out for on the Blue Jackets team?

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
On topic, I think we're overvaluing Clarkson's return. His impact won't be noticed on the first game alone, but rather a series of tidbit shifts throughout the season. Who should we look out for on the Blue Jackets team?

From what I've seen they have a goalie in Bobrovsky who can steal games, two dangerous dman who can produce offense from the point, and a game breaker in gaborik. That's about it though, those are the only 4 players on their team that make me a little nervous.

Tyler Biggs*

Kessel is a fantastic player, and to be fair his D game is better than it used to be. At least he backchecks sometimes now, which is a breath of fresh air.

Can't wait for Clarkson's regular season debut!!!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin
Mclaren-McClement-Orr
Smith/Broll/Bodie

Just look at that lineup!!!

Ya I know Kulemin is still injured but might be back by the 29th!

EitherOr

Oct 13, 2013
Toronto, Ont
There is a habit of players signing big contracts with us and trying to do way too much. Hopefully practicing with the team and sitting out a bit will prevent Clarkson from being over eager. Will be good to have his board work and puck possession in the line up. Glad to be getting depth back.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
So from practice looks like;

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-McClement
Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
(whatever for the fourth line, only play like 5 minutes a game anyways).

Tyler Biggs*

Fraser is tough and solid on D. I think Kulemin is also solid defensively like Jay McClement. These type of players are what the Leafs need to grind out those wins when the goal scorers are not having nights like the other night. Kessel and JVR were great to watch. I wish the press would back off Clarkson though. Typical for them to add pressure that is not required. Clarkson will do fine and will be important come playoff time, just like Bolland.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
plz tell me ur joking on the first part. When you pay a guy 5 million. he will be one of the top 6 forwards

So from practice looks like;

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-McClement
Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
(whatever for the fourth line, only play like 5 minutes a game anyways).

Oh I'm serious buddy

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Boy, are you guys early with this.

Probable CBJ lines (from the last two games):

Foligno - Anisimov - Gaborik
Jenner - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Comeau - Johansen - Umberger
Letestu - MacKenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Prout
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Wisniewski
(I may have the sides wrong on the d-pairs)

Bobs in net

The season so far:
Calgary game - bad
Isles - come from behind win in the SO
Buffalo - stomped them
Boston / Detroit/Montreal - were in all three games until the end, really could have gone either way (empty netters at the end)
Washington - worse than Calgary - bad, bad, very bad
Van/NJ - with current line-up, wins

The CBJ lost Calvert after the Buffalo game and Foligno missed from Detroit thru Washington. That really has played into the "forward shuffling of lines" and affected performance more than I thought it would. Calvert had surgery, but Foligno's wife had their first child and then some heart related issues were found so he stayed in Columbus when the team went on its 3 game road trip (all loses).

Last edited:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Boy, are you guys early with this.

Probable CBJ lines (from the last two games):

Foligno - Anisimov - Gaborik
Jenner - Dubinski - Atkinson
Comeau - Johansen - Umberger
Letestu - MacKenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Prout
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Wisniewski
(I may have the sides wrong on the d-pairs)

Bobs in net

The season so far:
Calgary game - bad
Isles - come from behind win in the SO
Buffalo - stomped them
Boston / Detroit/Montreal - were in all three games until the end, really could have gone either way (empty netters at the end)
Washington - worse than Calgary - bad, bad, very bad
Van/NJ - with current line-up, wins

The CBJ lost Calvert after the Buffalo game and Foligno missed from Detroit thru Washington. That really has played into the "forward shuffling of lines" and affected performance more than I thought it would. Calvert had surgery, but Foligno's wife had their first child and then some heart related issues were found so he stayed in Columbus when the team went on its 3 game road trip (all loses).

Boone on the wing?

Guy was automatic on the draws in the O. I know the NHL is a different beast, but i would definatley be grooming him to be 2/3C. Look forward to seeing him tomorrow, very complete player.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Boone on the wing?

Guy was automatic on the draws in the O. I know the NHL is a different beast, but i would definatley be grooming him to be 2/3C. Look forward to seeing him tomorrow, very complete player.

If I were to describe that line, the word "tenacious" comes to mind. Jenner is the biggest guy on the line and has been winning board battles and parking in front of the net.

This would be a good example.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20132014,2,131&lang=en

Atkinson's goal. Can't seem to link directly to that one.

P0LiUM

Apr 16, 2012
Halifax

Wasn't mentioned earlier, but keep an eye on Atkinson. Have a buddy who's a dieheard jackets fan, so I end up watching some of their games. Atkinson shows flashes every so often, and can be pretty dangerous when he feels like it.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
All I gotta say is don't underestimate them. This is a hard working team that makes up for what it lacks in talent with compete. I bet you it will be a harder game opposed to facing Philadelphia who are "loaded" with talent on paper. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asif16*

Cant this game lightly at all. CBJ very underrated team. And a hardworking team at that. Need our best efforts

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Hockey is a sickness in Toronto. :laugh:

We go up to Parry Sound every other year. About 4 years ago, we were heading back to Columbus (south on 400 but north of Toronto) and I had a CR-V with a CBJ tire cover. We passed a couple of guys in a beat up van. Soon, they passed us again and were holding a "Go Leafs Go" hand written sign up against the passenger window.

For anyone traveling from Toronto to Columbus, mileage and time-wise if I put in my home address (suburb of Columbus NW corner) and Parry Sound into Bing Maps, the estimated difference between going via Buffalo, Detroit, or Port Huron is less than 10 miles and 5 minutes. The border and traffic around Toronto proper are usually the main factors on the actual drive. The Buffalo route is prettier though, but this past summer the traffic on QEW heading toward St. Catherines was an absolute nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino