Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 33m
Clarkson says Leafs good start "kept some people off my back a little bit"

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 31m
Clarkson: "My wife’s probably ready to get me out of the house."

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 27m
No on-ice practice for Leafs; team played a little soccer & "let loose" says Clarkson

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 8m
Clarkson on waiting for suspension to end: "It felt long ... it felt like quite awhile"

I guess I will be the tweets person from now on

mikebel111*

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1h
Van Riemsdyk also asked reporters last night what Corsi was. Called concept "really interesting." This isn't on radar of a lot of players.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1h
Van Riemsdyk also asked reporters last night what Corsi was. Called concept "really interesting." This isn't on radar of a lot of players.
Isn't Mirtle one of the few who constantly talk about Corsi as well?

mikebel111*

Isn't Mirtle one of the few who constantly talk about Corsi as well?

that's him alright. since last year, he has been constanly saying how leafs had a bad corsi which says they were lucky, and can't keep winning and all that fun stuff.

EDDIE20*

It'll be nice to finally see Clarkson out there. I hope he comes out like a bat out of hell.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
that's him alright. since last year, he has been constanly saying how leafs had a bad corsi which says they were lucky, and can't keep winning and all that fun stuff.
Yah, now I remember. It must really bother him that the Leafs are doing so well :laugh: He must be happy after they lose so he can be right about corsi etc

mikebel111*

Yah, now I remember. It must really bother him that the Leafs are doing so well :laugh: He must be happy after they lose so he can be right about corsi etc

I used to like him but he is annoying me a lot these days.

He also went on about how kadri was really lucky because of his Shooting %.
I am not saying he will beat out Crosby. he won't but if you noticed, kadri takes a lot of high % shots which leads to his shooting % being higher.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007

It's sad, but I get the impression a lot of Leaf fans who are into advanced stats would rather the Leafs lose and be proven right about Corsi, than the Leafs to win and prove it wrong.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
A couple days off here is great.

Carlyle will have em ready for the back to back.

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-McClement/Leivo
Bodie-McClement-Orr

Cant wait for Kulemin to get back in.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Clarckson will come out and play great. He's not a young guy. Doubt he'll be nervous and take dumb penalties. Like he mentioned, the team is on a good start, so it's less pressure. If we would have started 2-8, some people would have blamed him a little.

He's gonna come out and hit hard and crash the net. It will be nice to see. I hope he gets Dubinsky good. hehe!!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully has a good first game and the team plays like it did in the second half of this one. Play solid defensively, but also be aggressive and go on the attack. Plenty of firepower on this team, just have to play well.

Mr Scarface*

A couple days off here is great.

Carlyle will have em ready for the back to back.

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-McClement/Leivo
Bodie-McClement-Orr

Cant wait for Kulemin to get back in.
When is he due?

This lineup should beat the blue jackets. I mean... the Blue jackets :biglaugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It'll be interesting to see Clarkson unleash some of that pent up energy. I'd say he gets a penalty within his first 5 shifts.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
On a rating of 1 to 10
What is Clarkson's skating ability/speed ?

I would guess 6.5

Definitely a weakness...I'd say you were being generous. It's choppy and slow; 5.5-6 for me but maybe Barb Underhill has made use of his available time to make adjustments/improvements.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Take a gander at their lineup...it's probably alot better than you'd expect. Looks like a competitive squad to me.
Yeah, a team we need to take seriously especially with the second half of this back to back being against Pittsburgh. They have tried to add some firepower there and goaltending has been good for them.

Team just needs to build off the Anaheim game going into this one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
In 10 starts, our goalies have been higher than .919SV in 8 of them.

Bernier has only had one game where he was below .919SV (Edmonton shoot out game). Reimer had the one bad period against Ottawa.

Our goalies are studs.

Don't really care who starts but I'd prefer that we go with Reimer against Pittsburgh.

Reimer has never played against Columbus.
Bernier is 2-1 with .928SV 2.02 GAA

Reimer is 3-0-2 against Pittsburgh with .921SV 2.51 GAA, never lost in regulation.
Bernier has never played Pittsburgh.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, a team we need to take seriously especially with the second half of this back to back being against Pittsburgh. They have tried to add some firepower there and goaltending has been good for them.

Team just needs to build off the Anaheim game going into this one.

B2B against Pittsburgh isn't so bad.

Even they are on a back to back, the game is at the ACC and they will be travelling more than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad