Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blue Jackets | Oct.25/13 | 7pm(EST) | Clarkson Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scarface*

Take a gander at their lineup...it's probably alot better than you'd expect. Looks like a competitive squad to me.
I don't know man... their coach is so soft.

Our team is the hardest in the league. Getting Clarkson, David back fills our toughness and hardness level very close to its fully fuel level. Frazer McLaren and Fraser are needed though, badly. Also Kulemin's forecheck game must be included in all of this.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Aren't you gonna post about how HARD this team is?

Our team is the hardest in the league. Getting Clarkson, David back fills our toughness and hardness level very close to its fully fuel level. Frazer McLaren and Fraser are needed though, badly. Also Kulemin's forecheck game must be included in all of this.

:biglaugh:

mikebel111*

If he's a 5.5 then he's gotta go on the 3rd line
But #2 pp with Lupul Kadri for sure

plz tell me ur joking on the first part. When you pay a guy 5 million. he will be one of the top 6 forwards

Asif16*

Lol bro how old are you man? And i mean that in the most respectable way. No disrespect.

I just wanna know

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs are 7-3 with Clarkson coming back next game and a couple of key players coming off the IR in short order. Phaneuf has only made me facepalm a couple of times this season (and has actually made me cheer quite a bit). Kessel, JVR and Lupul are producing like bonafide stars. Rielly has been solid for a youngster. Bernier is looking every bit the starting goalie he was billed as. Things are good in Leafs Nation. Keep it up, boys!

The Leafs won the game for their Coach. Awesome game guys and way to go Phil Kessel! This could be the beginning of a new momentum. FRI night in Columbus, with the return of David Clarkson, and onto SAT night against the Penguins. GO LEAFS GO

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Too bad hockey is played on ice, not on paper..

I like our chances as much the next guy but this sort of arrogance bothers me.
It's all this dude shows.

I remember during the Carolina game he was going on how hard the leafs were and there was no way they'd come back and beat but, but sure enough...

Tyler Biggs*

I'm happy with the Leafs right now. Still waiting to see them play 3 periods of good hockey. I really hope Clarkson can get Kadri going again.

Gotta love JVR. Imagine the center they could put on the line between Kessel and JVR for the Olympics.

Great comeback Leafs. Way to shut up the haters. Leafs win. Habs lose. It's a good day for hockey!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Bernier here and Reims Saturday?
If Carlyle sticks to the "familiar opponent" system then maybe. Though that'd be rough to go from few starts to facing the Pens. Though no game is really an easy one anymore, just a matter of degrees.

Guess it also depends if Reimer is over that cold by Friday or not.

Tyler Biggs*

I have to admit I was pretty worried about this team after the 1st 25 minutes. It was the 4th straight game they looked like skating zombies out there.

Dion Phaneuf really woke up the Leafs with that hit in the Leafs corner. After that the Ducks just gave up odd-man rush after odd-man rush. Strange since they were up 2-0 and all that pinching at the blue line was unnecessary.

Anyway, we needed that W. Great job by Kessel, Phaneuf and JVR. Hopefully next game we can play well for more than 1/2 the game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'd do the opposite, personally. Bernier needs to play against the big teams of the East, he likely hasn't played the Pens much, if at all, and if the team wants to see if he can be a #1, theres no better test.

if Reims is 100 percent:
Reims on Friday, Berns on Saturday for that reason. B's got to play against the big eastern teams sooner or later, and Reims needs to play as well.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I have to admit I was pretty worried about this team after the 1st 25 minutes. It was the 4th straight game they looked like skating zombies out there.

Dion Phaneuf really woke up the Leafs with that hit in the Leafs corner. After that the Ducks just gave up odd-man rush after odd-man rush. Strange since they were up 2-0 and all that pinching at the blue line was unnecessary.

Anyway, we needed that W. Great job by Kessel, Phaneuf and JVR. Hopefully next game we can play well for more than 1/2 the game.

Ducks pinching so much in the game reminded me of the Carolina game 2 years ago where we were up 3-1 or 3-0 and Luke Schenn, Mike Komisarek, etc kept pinching, we ended up losing the game IN REGULATION...Eric Staal (of course it was him) had a breakaway in that game in the third period.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Ducks pinching so much in the game reminded me of the Carolina game 2 years ago where we were up 3-1 or 3-0 and Luke Schenn, Mike Komisarek, etc kept pinching, we ended up losing the game IN REGULATION...Eric Staal (of course it was him) had a breakaway in that game in the third period.

And that is why I believe a defensemen shouldn't try to be a foward, I can understand if its late in the game and the team needs a goal to tie er up or on the powerplay other then that a blueliner should not go north of the other team's blueline.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Here's the lines I'd go with

JVR-Bozak-Kessel(elite scoring line)
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond(a speedy scoring line)
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson(a big line that can generate a cycle game, not to mention a solid defensive line too)
Levio-Mcclement-Orr(a hard hitting fighting line)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Here's the lines I'd go with

JVR-Bozak-Kessel(elite scoring line)
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond(a speedy scoring line)
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson(a big line that can generate a cycle game, not to mention a solid defensive line too)
Levio-Mcclement-Orr(a hard hitting fighting line)
I think Leivo is honestly better off getting better minutes on the Marlies. Still a young guy might as well let him develop his offensive game on the Marlies instead of playing really limited minutes on our fourth line. I suppose it would depend if that as a fourth line would be responsible enough to not be a hazard when going out on the ice. Seems like they agree though sending him down as soon as Clarkson was off his suspension.

Also want to see Clarkson get his time on the second line. Without that additional presence might make the second line really easy to push around. Also think the pest factor with Kadri and Clarkson out together could help draw a lot of penalties.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Doubt Kule is back friday, so here is what I would go with if I was Carlyle:

JVR-Bolland-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
McClement-Bozak-Raymond
Broll/McLaren-Smith-Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad