Lavy, is the clock really ticking?

How long will Lavy still be coaching the Preds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
As I’m watching the game in the stands today, the first period was great. Team was buzzing.. but what the f*** in the 2nd, and especially the third.
I’ve spent so much money on this trip, man. I don’t have money like that.
They looked like complete shit out there.

What was I thinking in my mind? All I could see was how confused they look. To me, it looks like a system problem. Guys literally look lost.

Let’s just pray they fire Lavy. I listen to the Spittin’ Chiclets pod and they talked briefly about Lavy, saying how he’s a players’ coach. They proceeded to relate to this by saying that they’ve had both kinds of coaches, and that it’s good for a coach to be a hard ass who preaches structure sometimes. Too much of one is bad though.
Lavy has clearly lost the room.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
As I’m watching the game in the stands today, the first period was great. Team was buzzing.. but what the **** in the 2nd, and especially the third.
I’ve spent so much money on this trip, man. I don’t have money like that.
They looked like complete **** out there.

What was I thinking in my mind? All I could see was how confused they look. To me, it looks like a system problem. Guys literally look lost.

Let’s just pray they fire Lavy. I listen to the Spittin’ Chiclets pod and they talked briefly about Lavy, saying how he’s a players’ coach. They proceeded to relate to this by saying that they’ve had both kinds of coaches, and that it’s good for a coach to be a hard ass who preaches structure sometimes. Too much of one is bad though.
Lavy has clearly lost the room.
He’s also lost the fan base.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
As I’m watching the game in the stands today, the first period was great. Team was buzzing.. but what the **** in the 2nd, and especially the third.
I’ve spent so much money on this trip, man. I don’t have money like that.........

How was the view? The TV cameras were pretty good, especially the one on wires moving over the ice.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Honestly guys, that's it. I'm done. Until this team fires Lavy, I'm good. This organization is broken right now. Broken.

I'm going to be hoping for a coaching change and a sell off of spare parts like Granlund, Smith, Hamhuis and Bonino. Come back next year with a new coach and a new mentality.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Among other deficiencies, this team is just mentally weak and loses confidence way too easily, which is a pretty poor sign for a motivating player's coach. Even under steady pressure the team, and especially Peks, were playing relatively calm and weathering the storm. Soon as that first goal came we were an utter tire fire from then on.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Honestly guys, that's it. I'm done. Until this team fires Lavy, I'm good. This organization is broken right now. Broken.

I'm going to be hoping for a coaching change and a sell off of spare parts like Granlund, Smith, Hamhuis and Bonino. Come back next year with a new coach and a new mentality.
I get that 2 of those 3 guys are UFAs and the mentality of not wanting to lose them for nothing but not sure how needing to replace a 60 point forward, a 20 goal forward, and our most consistent center puts us in a better position next year. I think some kind of decision about Turris, Granlund, and Smith needs to be made, but assume we retain the rest and would rather explore trading someone like Sissons (between him and Jarnkrok I think the latter is proving to be valuable swiss army knife) if we want additional roster slots.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
It's 2020, can't we see anything clearly?

upload_2020-1-1_19-27-15.png

Last edited:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Different answer from none so maybe we're actually getting close to it happening. Peter DeBoer is available now and provide's a realistic option that wasn't there. DeBoer doesn't thrill me, but it does seem like a move Poile would make.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The team is in disarray. It’s highly unlikely that an entire forward corps has become inept at the same time. Former 20 and 30 goal players didn’t just forget how to score at the same time. It’s unlikely that all the forwards have forgotten how to forecheck and backcheck at the same time. The entire D corps didn’t suddenly forget how to clear the zone at the same time. Even though there are only 2 goalies it’s unusual for both of them to play this poorly at the same time.
This is a team of stars and other good players that suddenly, at some point during a game, to look lost and confused after spurts if dominance.
It simply has to be the system which I don’t profess to understand. But it is evident that most teams have caught on to the Preds system and know how to beat it and dominate them when needed.
They are being beaten by better coached teams now. I wanted Lavy to succeed but it’s time, just like with Trotz. He’s simply done and that’s too bad but you just can’t continue to do what you’ve been doing and not expect the other coaches to catch on.

Reactions: NNCbama

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Different answer from none so maybe we're actually getting close to it happening. Peter DeBoer is available now and provide's a realistic option that wasn't there. DeBoer doesn't thrill me, but it does seem like a move Poile would make.

I still can't bend my head into believing that Poile will make a change. Or if he did, that he wouldn't at least wait until the off-season, given how he likes to make a long-term commitment to the coach. Unless by chance DeBoer is a guy he has already been coveting and would be at the top of his list regardless. :dunno:

I have trouble seeing them come up with an internal solution, however, even as an interim. For all that Taylor and the Admirals have been lights out good this year, he's never had any NHL experience in any capacity. And Lambert is pretty green too. An interim tag to them I think would only come if we're already basically toast. (Or at least, more officially toast than we currently are).

So I dunno, but I wouldn't change my poll vote at all, alas. I still think Lavy is here for this year and next. In the face of any amount of stumbling by the team. :(

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Well, let's certainly never ever ever ever blame the man who hired the coach and puts the team together....the deity David "never won a Cup" Poile. The one guy who has been here the longest and is the guy who puts all this together.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Well, let's certainly never ever ever ever blame the man who hired the coach and puts the team together....the deity David "never won a Cup" Poile. The one guy who has been here the longest and is the guy who puts all this together.

Poile's seat is beginning to warm, IMO. How the rest of the year plays out is big for him.
I don't mean that in a playoffs or bust scenario but more in what, if any, actions are taken in order to get us back to a cup contender.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Poile's seat is beginning to warm, IMO. How the rest of the year plays out is big for him.
I don't mean that in a playoffs or bust scenario but more in what, if any, actions are taken in order to get us back to a cup contender.
What GM's job is perfectly safe when a team goes from being a Cup contender to (near) last in their division basically overnight?

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
One who has built a fan base that fills the seats and has more than the capacity of the home arena travel 650 miles to sit in a stadium to see the game.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Whether it should be or not is another argument but I don't see Poile's seat as being even remotely warm. We've been one of the top 5 most successful franchises over the last 3 seasons and perhaps more importantly to ownership we havr, as FossilFndr notes, consistently sold out our home games over that interval. No ownership group is going to dump a guy who has achieved that over one bad year.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Except it’s not just one bad year. We have been getting progressively worse over the past 2 seasons. Most of us can see that this team is sinking. Only a matter of time before we see the seats being empty as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad