Confirmed with Link: Landeskog is BACK

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just listened to Landeskog's two interviews and he mentioned MacFarland three separate times. In the second one he actually said "our GMs, Joe and Chris."

Just kinda interesting to me. Maybe that's normal but it seems like MacFarland has a major role behind the scenes. Almost like he's the GM of the team without the actual title.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Just listened to Landeskog's two interviews and he mentioned MacFarland three separate times. In the second one he actually said "our GMs, Joe and Chris."

Just kinda interesting to me. Maybe that's normal but it seems like MacFarland has a major role behind the scenes. Almost like he's the GM of the team without the actual title.

Sakic's protige. I'm thinking sooner rather than later Sakic becomes President only, and MacFarland is our next GM.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The NHL really needs to tweak this system so these guys cash in during their max production years, rather than their need to be put out to pasture ones.

That's easier said than done. I'm sure the players would love UFA to happen sooner than 27 years of age, but the NHL would probably risk another lockout year than give up that control.

We're seeing a shift already with players like Marner, Makar, and Rantanen where RFAs have leveraged very lucrative deals as RFAs that don't necessarily buy up a ton of UFA years. But they're still managing to cash in at UFA age as well.

I've no sympathy for the league if teams continue to pay through the nose in $$$ and term for middling players with contracts that pay them well into their thirties. If you're not going to show any form of self-restraint, then I don't see why the hell we had two lockouts over this.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
That's easier said than done. I'm sure the players would love UFA to happen sooner than 27 years of age, but the NHL would probably risk another lockout year than give up that control.

We're seeing a shift already with players like Marner, Makar, and Rantanen where RFAs have leveraged very lucrative deals as RFAs that don't necessarily buy up a ton of UFA years. But they're still managing to cash in at UFA age as well.

I've no sympathy for the league if teams continue to pay through the nose in $$$ and term for middling players with contracts that pay them well into their thirties. If you're not going to show any form of self-restraint, then I don't see why the hell we had two lockouts over this.

I don’t expect its inception to be easy, but these guys not getting their max contracts until the end of or after their prime window is a fascinatingly bad business structure.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don’t expect its inception to be easy, but these guys not getting their max contracts until the end of or after their prime window is a fascinatingly bad business structure.

Well it's give and take. If the league allows UFA to hit right when a player is at or near his prime we're talking the age 23-27 years and no way are the owners going to sign off on THAT.

Like I said elsewhere, two things about NHL GMs that drive me nuts. One, show some goddamned self-restraint when it comes to these middle-tier players. You DO NOT need to give Tampa's third line wingers lifetime contracts. Two, quit being a bunch of wimps and make some offer sheets. The league should be BOMBARDING that moron Benning with attempts to wrest Hughes and/or Pettersson away. Worst-managed cap situation in the league, and no way in hell would either of those players refuse to sign it.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is proof that Landeskog follows our threads. Someone posted that scene/gif yesterday haha

Yup….…

Landeskog's tweet should just be:

JO4GWW.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad