Confirmed with Link: Landeskog is BACK

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Figure this thread deserves a bump, because Landy is honestly playing some of the best hockey of his career right now. I was a bit worried as the past few years he's shown glimpse of slowing down for stretches, but he's been superb so far.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Figure this thread deserves a bump, because Landy is honestly playing some of the best hockey of his career right now. I was a bit worried as the past few years he's shown glimpse of slowing down for stretches, but he's been superb so far.

Is he though? I feel a bit frustrated watching him play this season. I get it--he "slumps" like this all the time but I still expected something more to start the year.

That said, even when he's playing like crap he manages to still be an effective player, just hope he's saving up for what will be a rough December.

Reactions: Balthazar

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Last night Landy showed exactly why this team and his teammates value him so much. There are not many captains in the league willing and capable of dropping a hammer like Landy can when he is defending his teammates. He must command such respect from the rest of the team for being willing to put his body on the line.

I love this dude so much.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Last night Landy showed exactly why this team and his teammates value him so much. There are not many captains in the league willing and capable of dropping a hammer like Landy can when he is defending his teammates. He must command such respect from the rest of the team for being willing to put his body on the line.

I love this dude so much.

And now he will get suspended for "being a man"! Silly NHL p***yes ;)

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I still can't believe how close we came to losing this guy. So glad they figured it out.

Yeah I was definitely preparing myself to see him in a different sweater this year.

Now the closest to that we're seeing is when he jerseys another guy to land a haymaker.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Landy is definitely still Landy, and we all love that. It is just the latter years that we're worried about. That said, Landy being Scandinavian bodes will for him remaining a Viking throughout. Maybe he'll be a 3rd line pugilist?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Landy is definitely still Landy, and we all love that. It is just the latter years that we're worried about. That said, Landy being Scandinavian bodes will for him remaining a Viking throughout. Maybe he'll be a 3rd line pugilist?

I dunno, I'm not that worried about Landy in the later years. I've always drawn comparisons of him to a less offensive minded Dustin Brown (who's 37) and I feel like Brown wouldn't be out of place on a 3rd line for a contender. Heck Brown is 1st line right now on an overpreforming LA team where he has 7 points through 20 games.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I dunno, I'm not that worried about Landy in the later years. I've always drawn comparisons of him to a less offensive minded Dustin Brown (who's 37) and I feel like Brown wouldn't be out of place on a 3rd line for a contender. Heck Brown is 1st line right now on an overpreforming LA team where he has 7 points through 20 games.

Like I said to Hazzy, worst-case scenario.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Landeskog will probably be like EJ at the end of the contract. Might not be great value on the ice but can provide value as someone who embodies the culture of the organization.

Reactions: Foppa2118

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Never understood wanting to let Landy go. He is a captain with grit and has a great physical game. Aren't we needing that come playoff time?

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm so happy Landy turned this around and playing up to his potential right now, the best thing that could happen. I didn't like the atmosphere/mood on this forum when Landy and his agent was negotiating his new contract, I got the strong impression some people here simply wanted him to leave and writing a lot of negative things. Remember I was bitter and annoyed about the negative mood here but I'm super happy it turned out like this. I tend to follow my favorit Swedes (no matter where they play) but the Avalanche is still the most fun team in hockey to watch and the legacy from Forsberg and his legendary teammates is strong, would love them to get another Cup and they have a good chance.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Avs community has been so traumatized from the decade of darkness, and super f***ed up playoff luck since the window opened, we still haven't found our own confidence back. The negativity generated by other jealous fans about the Landy contract and how he'll "fall off", meanwhile here I am looking forward to the next deal keeping him in Colorado forever and not having to worry about it for 8 years.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum and 21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->