JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
JO4GWW.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well then. I was almost ready to purchase a MacK jersey with the C on it but I guess that's gotta wait for 8 more years...

Good to have Landy back

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a rollercoaster the last couple weeks from thinking this was a slam dunk until now.

I was pushing for them to leave Landy unprotected in expansion, with the reasoning being that they could pretend they just had a really tough negotiation. Then they leave him exposed because they really did have a tough negotiation. :laugh:

I thought 7x7 was the fair compromise. Looks like Landy playing hard ball right back at Joe got him the extra year. Good for him. Might be painful for the Avs down the road, but that's a problem for down the road.

The Captain is back! Now lets go win a Cup boys!

Reactions: Avalicious

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Joe caved and got bent over

Ewwwwww, but again Landeskog's group had all the power so not surprised by this fact. We all called Anders Lee a bad contract, but that honestly doesn't look bad. What's worse for the Islanders are the ones given out to Bailey and Eberle and that would be our version of Saad.

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Glad it got done. 7m is not too bad, but those later years may or may not be rough. He doesn't exactly play how he used to so maybe he will hold up a bit better then the Benn's, Ladd's and Clarkson's of the world.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Full no move hurts real bad. Those last 2 years we're all going to be doing the same crap we've been doing with EJ this last year.
Doesn't it? Honestly the worst aspect was for the expansion draft and there isn't going to be a new team in his time at Colorado.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah, Sakic obviously caved in at the end. Gave him the 8th year at 7 million, gave him the NMC. Either he was trying to bluff Landeskog and Landeskog wouldn't blink, or he realized at the end that he couldn't find an adequate replacement / "plan B" didn't look so great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad