Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TOR] Jake Muzzin for 2019 1st round pick, Sean Durzi, and Carl Grundstrom - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Just saying I remember when Leivo scored 2 goals in his first few games as well and the thread went nuts. Grundstrom is going to be a good top 6 forward for a long time, LA got a good one, but no one thinks that 2 goals 2 shots is sustainable right?

He'll be a 50-60 point forward with size and a strong work ethic. A key piece to any top 6. Leafs are already loaded with forward talent. Didn't everyone say to trade some of that for D help? And now people are shocked when they do?

Leafs are loaded with offensive talent, this isn't even an unknown fact. Muzzin has been up and down but he has also basically played with every Dman on the roster plus is adjusting to a new system. His playoff experience on the defense is where his value will be. He can play top 4 minutes when it counts.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
This post really made me roll my eyes.

Oh? I thought it was a rather good reply to a Leafs troll who posted a list with a guy that the Leafs traded at number 3, as evidence the Leafs screwed up, and likely had no idea that the Leafs also had the guy at number 2.....:laugh:

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Sean Durzi was voted one of the top offensive defencemen in the OHL by Coaches. The names on the list put him in good company. He could be the sleeper of this deal. Futa also mentioned they did a lot of homework on him with a Kings scout connection to Durzi prior to the trade.

Best Offensive Defenseman
East
1. Ryan Merkley
2. Thomas Harley
3. Noel Hoefenmayer & Matt Brassard
West
1. Evan Bouchard & Adam Boqvist
2. Mac Hollowell
3. Bode Wilde & Sean Durzi

duplicate post

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh? I thought it was a rather good reply to a Leafs troll who posted a list with a guy that the Leafs traded at number 3, as evidence the Leafs screwed up, and likely had no idea that the Leafs also had the guy at number 2.....:laugh:

Where did he say the Leafs screwed up? Maybe he's pointing out that Durzi is performing well in juniors? You seem to be a bit insecure.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Just saying I remember when Leivo scored 2 goals in his first few games as well and the thread went nuts. Grundstrom is going to be a good top 6 forward for a long time, LA got a good one, but no one thinks that 2 goals 2 shots is sustainable right?

He'll be a 50-60 point forward with size and a strong work ethic. A key piece to any top 6. Leafs are already loaded with forward talent. Didn't everyone say to trade some of that for D help? And now people are shocked when they do?

Leafs are loaded with offensive talent, this isn't even an unknown fact. Muzzin has been up and down but he has also basically played with every Dman on the roster plus is adjusting to a new system. His playoff experience on the defense is where his value will be. He can play top 4 minutes when it counts.

I'd say that's actually optomistic. I think he's probably more of a third liner with a bit of grit. 30 or 40 points at most.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

From an outside perspective, there's nothing about his post that looks like he's trolling. He's literally just replying to someone who said Durzi wouldn't amount to much.

I think you're being a little oversensitive here.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It was a steep price to pay at the time and the price looks even higher now . Muzzin has been up and down but he went to a completely different system so in fairness to him he needs a little more time to adjust .

He's a big plodding guy who adds much needed toughness when he plays aggressively which he hasn't consistently brought but our D sorely needed a boost and he's provided that .

would have much rather have tried to use the assets (plus) to acquire a rhd but who knows who was available and at what cost

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Best prospect ever (Is this not how it is supposed be when a Leaf prospect switch to another club? :P)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think it's funny that some fans need to "win" a trade. Hopefully this is a good example of both teams benefiting from the deal. Win-Win! It's not a bad thing.

Being a Kings fan, I really hope Muzzin works out for the Leafs and hopefully Grunstrom, Durzi and the 1st make LA a better team going forward.

With the exception of the NYI where everybody shit the bed Muzzin has been fantastic

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
From an outside perspective, there's nothing about his post that looks like he's trolling. He's literally just replying to someone who said Durzi wouldn't amount to much.

I think you're being a little oversensitive here.

uhh, no. He spends most his time here trolling Leaf fans.

Confirmed with Link: - Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

Confirmed with Link: - Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

Notice a trend? Muzzin is apparently a slow bum, and every player the Leafs traded for him "looks like they really got soemthing there". Trust me, this happens every day.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
And you're looking constantly fishing for approval. "Winning brand of hockey." LOL.

How am I looking for approval?

I know the Leafs play an exciting brand of winning hockey, whether that gets you all worked up or not. so keep getting all rattled by it, it makes me smile. The fact that you don't approve, and get rattled, makes me smile more than your "approval".

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
I'd say that's actually optomistic. I think he's probably more of a third liner with a bit of grit. 30 or 40 points at most.

I am a big fan of his so maybe I am biased but I think he has the skill level to put up that kind of production if he is given skilled linemates. He won't drive a line and put that up but put him with a #1 C and a winger and he will compliment them well.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Can a Leaf Fan give us a honest prospect ranking(for forwards) when he was on the leafs? Was he your top forward prospect at the time next to Bracco? 2nd?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Where did he say the Leafs screwed up? Maybe he's pointing out that Durzi is performing well in juniors? You seem to be a bit insecure.

Not worth the bother. Grundstrom has a terrific start to his NHL career, and you have some really insecure posters commenting that people should not talk about it. It is what it is. Let his posts speak for themselves.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I am a big fan of his so maybe I am biased but I think he has the skill level to put up that kind of production if he is given skilled linemates. He won't drive a line and put that up but put him with a #1 C and a winger and he will compliment them well.
That's cool. He's a decent young prospect, and the fact that he plays a gritty game is a nice bonus. Who knows, you could be right.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Not worth the bother. Grundstrom has a terrific start to his NHL career, and you have some really insecure posters commenting that people should not talk about it. It is what it is. Let his posts speak for themselves.

Why would I be insecure? The Leafs are at the top of the standings, playing an exciting, winning brand of hockey, carrying the flag for Ontario, and Canada.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
And you're constantly fishing for approval. "Winning brand of hockey." LOL.

How am I looking for approval?

I know the Leafs play an exciting brand of winning hockey, whether that gets you all worked up or not. so keep getting all rattled by it, it makes me smile. The fact that you don't approve, and get rattled, makes me smile more than your "approval".
Sometimes I forget there's no age restriction in this place and I could very well be talking to a 14 year old.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011

That's not what anyone is saying. You are, like usual, trying to play both sides. You are in one comment raving about how good he is and then in the next refusing to give credit to the Leafs for their scouting and development.

If anything, you are derailing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad