Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TOR] Jake Muzzin for 2019 1st round pick, Sean Durzi, and Carl Grundstrom - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm glad you guys are able to de-program him from Sutter defaults so quickly. That slowdown has been such a staple of our game for years...unfortunately still is.

Muzzin can throw bombs out there too for stretch passes so I have no doubt he'll get more comfortable.

He's always been 'clompy,' with heavy feet, but he can think fast and get to the right spots in time. Being surrounded with so much speed--and an elite skater like Reilly--allows him to really do his thing: step up at the blueline and break up plays and plaster people to the wall.
The only thing I've noticed as a negative is his footwork. But, hes always going to be paired with pretty good skaters to compensate for it. The guy can hit, has a great shot, breaks up the cycle etc. Hes exactly what this team has been missing for years.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I just hope that when Muzzin does have a muffin moment or two he doesn't get raked over the coals too much by the leafs faithful. He's a great Dman that will be missed in LA, but he isn't perfect.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just hope that when Muzzin does have a muffin moment or two he doesn't get raked over the coals too much by the leafs faithful. He's a great Dman that will be missed in LA, but he isn't perfect.

Seems like TO loves that, though. He's almost certain to throw a pass up the middle at some point, especially as he gets more comfortable taking some risks to hit streaking forwards, but the good will outweigh the bad. He doesn't often have defensive issues except with the school of forwards like Duchene, Marchand that are strong on their edges and agile enough to get away from him. Duchene in particular has made Muzzin look so, so bad over the years the way Benn has just murdered Doughty over and over. It's his kryptonite, every d-man has em. I think they're seeing the upside right away though which is good, he'll get the benefit of the doubt that he's certainly earned and why so many kings fans were calling him more than just a 2nd pairing guy.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Has has a long way to go before he reaches the Gards treatment.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i can't believe this hasn't been bumped by Kings fans, so humble they are

if Grundstrom would have scored 2 in 2 for the Leafs this thread would've been overflowing by now

Durzi continues to improve his numbers as well

currently sitting at:

2018-19Guelph StormOHL17GP8G12A20PTS6PIM+20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

and a 1st rd pick waiting at the end of the line

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Its early yet, but this trade starts to look a bit lopsided! Grundstrom seems to have chemistry with kempe, create alot of chances, and always driving the net. In Leafs he had been buried in a 4th line at best, Babcock is old style stubborn.

Muzzin seems very slow to me, and has been very poor in much to many games, skating issues when the game gets faster doesnt bode well for future years.

Durzi seems like a lotto coupon, but a late first is great for a regrouping team!

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
i can't believe this hasn't been bumped by Kings fans, so humble they are

if Grundstrom would have scored 2 in 2 for the Leafs this thread would've been overflowing by now

Durzi continues to improve his numbers as well

currently sitting at:

2018-19Guelph StormOHL17GP8G12A20PTS6PIM+20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
and a 1st rd pick waiting at the end of the line

Solid post, Kings fans are really humble for that. Grundstrom is a good prospect, he’s the one forward prospect I preferred that we kept, but Muzzin was worth the price for the phase the Leafs as a team are in now. Solid trade for both teams. Hope Grundstrom does well for you guys, guess Mark Hunter’s scouting staff outside of the 1st round wasn’t a total botch job after all

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Its early yet, but this trade starts to look a bit lopsided! Grundstrom seems to have chemistry with kempe, create alot of chances, and always driving the net. In Leafs he had been buried in a 4th line at best, Babcock is old style stubborn.

Muzzin seems very slow to me, and has been very poor in much to many games, skating issues when the game gets faster doesnt bode well for future years.

Durzi seems like a lotto coupon, but a late first is great for a regrouping team!

I wish he was even on the Leafs’ 4th line, Grundstrom never played a game for us!

Reactions: Leafidelity

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Very happy for Grundstrom!

He's such a nice prospect and we've all been saying so since the trade was made. It was a fair deal for both sides considering Muzzin is doing his job well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
double whammy for Leafs haters.

they're forced to eat crow for underrating yet another very good leafs prospect in Grundstrom, and they have to accept Muzzin being an excellent #2 Dman for the leafs.

2 games 2 goals..... auston Matthews who? Yall messed up trading the future great one.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
2 games 2 goals..... auston Matthews who? Yall messed up trading the future great one.

Not really. I say this as a Kings fan. This was a good trade for both clubs. A team like the Leafs can’t focus too much on the future by keeping prospects/picks. This is their cup window. They have to go all in for a few years or they will no longer have the chance with their top talent in prime.

The Kings, on the other hand, won’t be competing for the cup or even playoffs for 2-3 years. They couldn’t and shouldn’t resign Muzzin next year because it doesn’t fit their rebuild plan.

Good trade for both clubs. Clearly neither team got swindled.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
double whammy for Leafs haters.

they're forced to eat crow for underrating yet another very good leafs prospect in Grundstrom, and they have to accept Muzzin being an excellent #2 Dman for the leafs.
its just two games tho...

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Solid post, Kings fans are really humble for that. Grundstrom is a good prospect, he’s the one forward prospect I preferred that we kept, but Muzzin was worth the price for the phase the Leafs as a team are in now. Solid trade for both teams. Hope Grundstrom does well for you guys, guess Mark Hunter’s scouting staff outside of the 1st round wasn’t a total botch job after all

I honestly think Leafs have one of the best scouting teams in the league . They’re up there with Tampa and Anaheim . Their last few drafts have lots of NHL talent coming out of them and still more on the way

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Grundstrom is a good kid, I hope he keeps up the good work for you guys

We'd be ****** without Muzzin as well so it's working out, he's making Zaitsev look almost passable which is a bloody miracle
This. Seems like a trade that will work out for both in the end.

Leafs are 12-4-3 since he joined the team (Missing Kadri,Gardiner,Dermott for chunks) and he's playing at a 47 point pace.

Very happy with Muzzin so far and I wasn't a fan of the deal at the time.

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad