Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TOR] Jake Muzzin for 2019 1st round pick, Sean Durzi, and Carl Grundstrom - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Laughable if you think I am wrong. Yeah Blake started the trade talks with Grundstrom, right...

What Leafs fans say, i take that with a grain of salt.

The problem here is that Toronto probably gave up two main pieces and that is too hard too swallow.

There is no problem here my friend, not sure why you're so upset. I have no idea what Blake "started" with nor do I care, all I'm saying is you seem to be overvaluing what a late 1st round pick is worth. You disagree and that's fine, I'm just pointing out that saying "Sandin/Kempe" is a really poor argument but if that's you want to think, more power to you. And if you want to generalize about what "Leaf fans say", you're only making yourself foolish as painting millions of people with the same brush is obviously not an intelligent thing to do.

IMHO this was a good trade for both teams. I like Grundstrom but you gotta give to get, I have no problem with that and I hope he plays very well for LA. I'm even more happy that we were able to keep our top two prospects and I think LA was happy to get a good return for Muzzin, seems like a classic win/win scenario to me. LA took the best offer they got, and Toronto got a player they wanted at a fair price. :)

Than why are you trying so hard to convince yourself the value could have been more than Grundstrom/Durzi/and the 1st rd pick? People speculate on trades all the time on a trade speculation thread. The way Dubas has been folding in negotiations and trades it wasn't inconceivable he would pay even more than he already gave up in this deal right? If you don't like speculation on trades, you are in the wrong place.

The question is - why don't you just admit you were wrong?

(Mod)

Reactions: Rob Brown

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
This is one of the funnier threads I've seen in a while. The extreme changes in peoples opinions after the trade went down is reallllly amusing.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You brought it up. If this is the road you are going down. Then discuss it. Would you rather have Lilegren or Grundstrom/Durzi.

The 1st rd pick was always part of the deal when it was reported the Leafs were open to trading it.
I don't care about the return, I already said that. That's not why I posted what I posted. Doesn't surprise me that you can't see that and it sort of proves my point.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
This is one of the funnier threads I've seen in a while. The extreme changes in peoples opinions after the trade went down is reallllly amusing.
It's insane...

Before the trade - One of Kapanen, Sandin, Liljegren or bust (no mention of Grundstrom or Durzi at all).

After the trade - Grundstrom is the best. If you think Liljegren would have been a better return, you're wrong.

Before the trade - Muzzin is a true top pairing D and the Leafs must give up a top prospect.

After the trade - Muzzin is old and slow and not that good.

Mind boggling.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
It's insane...

Before the trade - One of Kapanen, Sandin, Liljegren or bust (no mention of Grundstrom or Durzi at all).

After the trade - Grundstrom is the best. If you think Liljegren would have been a better return, you're wrong.

Before the trade - Muzzin is a true top pairing D.

Mind boggling.
All you can do is find the humour in it to be honest

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It's insane...

Before the trade - Muzzin is a true top pairing D and the Leafs must give up a top prospect.

Mind boggling.

Don't forget the pre trade doubling down and insisting it would be Kapanen+1st, using Zach Sanford and Brad Malone as justification :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi and Rob Brown

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I didn't like the trade to begin with and felt that Muzzin should have gotten us a real blue chipper instead of three B assets. It's starting to grow on me though given how Grundy has managed to showcase in the big league. I'm hoping this turns out like the Visnovsky trade, where we picked up two great soldiers for the better player at the time. Glad Muzz has been decent in toronto.

Both teams seems happy, it's just the people who like to agitate who seem to have an issue. Sorry your team had to get dragged into this mess. Glad Grundy is working out, he's a good pickup.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I didn't like the trade to begin with and felt that Muzzin should have gotten us a real blue chipper instead of three B assets. It's starting to grow on me though given how Grundy has managed to showcase in the big league. I'm hoping this turns out like the Visnovsky trade, where we picked up two great soldiers for the better player at the time. Glad Muzz has been decent in toronto.

Totally understandable. Fans always want one really high quality piece instead of lesser part and Leaf fans felt the same way when Kessel was traded. Many people who were unhappy at the time are happy now seeing as how we used the pick as the main piece in a trade for Andersen and Kapanen is turning out better than most people thought. Let's hope this trade turns out equally well for you, then you should be happy. And if Muzzin helps the Leafs win the cup, then we'll be very happy as well, regardless of whether is happens in 2019 or 2023. :)

Reactions: Kingspiracy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad