Prospect Info: LAK Draft (45th, 2020) RD Brock Faber - USNTDP, USHL

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I think that Faber averaged about 25 minutes TOI during this tournament. Not bad for a 19-year-old. Unfortunately, he was on the ice for both Slovakia goals, but neither were his responsibility. Good showing by this kid. Easily the best defenseman for Team USA. Faber is going to make a right-hander on the Kings roster expendable in a season or two.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is it best for Faber to turn pro? If he did, no one would be surprised if he was in the first group of cuts at Kings camp. Because he’s NCAA he doesn’t even have dev camp tourney games under his belt. So he’s not going to beat out Ahl’ers like Gaunce and Phillips for minutes on the Reign.

And he’s not 6 foot plus tall, so a year extra to play guaranteed big minutes without facing 28 year old men might be better. Could he come in like Spence and grab an opportunity, sure. But that’s no guarantee and the alternative looks better by comparison.

Reactions: lumbergh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It would be the most kings thing ever to make Faber a healthy scratch to play Phillips.

I'm in favor of keeping these guys in other countries and leagues as far away as possible until the vets are long gone at this stage.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Is it best for Faber to turn pro? If he did, no one would be surprised if he was in the first group of cuts at Kings camp. Because he’s NCAA he doesn’t even have dev camp tourney games under his belt. So he’s not going to beat out Ahl’ers like Gaunce and Phillips for minutes on the Reign.

And he’s not 6 foot plus tall, so a year extra to play guaranteed big minutes without facing 28 year old men might be better. Could he come in like Spence and grab an opportunity, sure. But that’s no guarantee and the alternative looks better by comparison.

I don't think he has anything to prove going back for his third year personally. But if and whenever Faber goes to the A and these two Dman are still on the Reign. I'm willing to bet Faber will still get more icetime then Gaunce and Phillips. They are by far the worst two defenseman on the Reign.

Reactions: cyclones22

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Just felt like pointing out that Gaunce and Phillips play the left while Faber plays the right.

Assuming he joins the Reign this season or next he's not competing with them for minutes.

He's competing with Spence, Grans and potentially Strand.

?/Spence
?/Faber
?/Grans

Fill in the blanks with your LHD.

Reactions: regulate

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Gophers have this weekend and next of regular season games, then three weeks of playoffs. If they do well, maybe NCAA finals after that. Let him play big games and go from there.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Has a Big Ten Tournament game Saturday. VS Michigan, for Big Ten Championship.
If they lose, hope he signs and reports to Ontario. (I apologize if this is knee-jerk or asinine, or implying I want Minn to lose, Saturday)

Reactions: kinghock

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Bjornfot - Doughty
Clague - Grans
Anderson - Faber

Also, just quoting this (from October 2020) to suggest that somehow our right side is even better than predicted. Our left side maybe needs some help. Sorry Kale.

JeanBlanc

Jul 8, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
This kid's gonna be so good. He could probably step in right now and improve our defense.

After Bjornfot went down against Florida, I think you're setting the bar too low. :)

The AHL is a tough league and the NHL is even tougher. If there's no more development that can be done in college, it would be cool to see him sign with and report to the organization. There's a difference with being a college student on campus and a full-time professional athlete with all the resources the Kings can bring to bear.

But as with all the kids, he's not the savior. :)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Has a Big Ten Tournament game Saturday. VS Michigan, for Big Ten Championship.
If they lose, hope he signs and reports to Ontario. (I apologize if this is knee-jerk or asinine, or implying I want Minn to lose, Saturday)
It's ok to want Minnesota to lose on Saturday :thumbu:

But even if they do lose, they are making the NCAA tournament, so the earliest his season could end is the weekend of the 26th. I do absolutely believe that he could play in the NHL right away though, plenty of others have made the immediate jump from NCAA sophomores to the NHL that same season. Faber is very good, a defensive star in the Big Ten from the moment he stepped on the ice in the league.

Reactions: yankeeking

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's ok to want Minnesota to lose on Saturday :thumbu:

But even if they do lose, they are making the NCAA tournament, so the earliest his season could end is the weekend of the 26th. I do absolutely believe that he could play in the NHL right away though, plenty of others have made the immediate jump from NCAA sophomores to the NHL that same season. Faber is very good, a defensive star in the Big Ten from the moment he stepped on the ice in the league.

What time is that game?

Must see TV imo

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
He played 25 minutes a game for the USA Olympic team and was their best defender as a 19-year-old. I think he could play in the league right now, too. I watched every game and I'm not sure he was responsible for a single goal against or contributed to a goal against.
Can I add 3 “likes” to your opinion?

• Haha
Reactions: cyclones22

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
He played 25 minutes a game for the USA Olympic team and was their best defender as a 19-year-old. I think he could play in the league right now, too. I watched every game and I'm not sure he was responsible for a single goal against or contributed to a goal against.

To me Clarke, Faber, Toby and Spence should not be for trades’ period.

Those four are the future of Kings defense.

I am on fence about Grans yet…

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
To me Clarke, Faber, Toby and Spence should not be for trades’ period.

Those four are the future of Kings defense.

I am on fence about Grans yet…

Clarke-Toby
Faber- Moverare
Spence-Anderson
Durzi -Kirill Kirsanov
Grans-Nousiainen

In no particular order.
I wish our Forwards had this much promise. :sarcasm:

Doughty(traded later on in the future to Toronto for a 1st. ;) )

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Clarke-Toby
Faber- Moverare
Spence-Anderson
Durzi -Kirill Kirsanov
Grans-Nousiainen

In no particular order.
I wish our Forwards had this much promise. :sarcasm:

Doughty(traded later on in the future to Toronto for a 1st. ;) )

I think we can forget about Kirill Kirsanov future with Kings.

I am not sure if any Russian prospects will be drafted in this year draft by any NHL team…

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I think we can forget about Kirill Kirsanov future with Kings.

I am not sure if any Russian prospects will be drafted in this year draft by any NHL team…
That's true might very well happen. Or yeah not happen.

JeanBlanc

Jul 8, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Interesting point. I'm trying to figure out what the problem would be. We wouldn't be able to pay transfer fees to Russian clubs if that's even still a thing. And players wouldn't be able to send money home if that's part of the motivation.

HOWEVER

If the Russian economy is crashing and trade is suspended, the KHL salaries might not be as attractive as they were before. I'm assuming they're paid in Rubles, right? Rubles that are worth a penny now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad