Prospect Info: LAK Draft (45th, 2020) RD Brock Faber - USNTDP, USHL

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I still don’t know what happened with Hults. He was super hyped, played a quarter of a season with the Reign, and then we traded him and Boko Imama for nothing.

Reactions: kinghock

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I still don’t know what happened with Hults. He was super hyped, played a quarter of a season with the Reign, and then we traded him and Boko Imama for nothing.
Some guys just get to the pro-level and only then do we realize they don't have it. Not saying that's what happened, but it's possible.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I understand why a team wouldnt risk a high draft pick on a russian player....but if you can get 1st rd talent with a 5th or 6th rd pick pretty sure many teams will take that risk. Hope the Kings would.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
I understand why a team wouldnt risk a high draft pick on a russian player....but if you can get 1st rd talent with a 5th or 6th rd pick pretty sure many teams will take that risk. Hope the Kings would.
That Kaprizov thing worked out pretty well….

Unfortunately that kind of thing would NEVER happen to the Kings.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Charlie McAvoy.....just photoshop the Elton John glasses and there you are.

1648154285539.png

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Crap. Brock Faber is gonna end up on the Wild when all is said and done huh.

Guy bleeds Minnesota. Good for him. Gotta be a tough choice for him between Gophers and pro...

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Not out of real of possibility he stays. Johnson did. Minnesota born players are a diff breed (or in Johnson case son of an alum), I’m actually at Mall of America right now with my daughter and I was reminded just how big college hockey is up here, on all the TVs, everyone wearing jerseys of the teams in tourney. It’s multiple levels more intense than Michigan and Wisconsin are. A lot of kids just grow up with the goal of winning a HS title and then a college one.

He may look at the Kings roster in the NHL and AHL and just think he’s better off returning to school than playing in the AHL. He could also lose tonight and be in the Reign lineup next week, tough to say.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Am I the only one not getting all the BF hype? He looks more Clague than McAvoy to me.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Am I the only one not getting all the BF hype? He looks more Clague than McAvoy to me.
Well... Team USA's coaching staff for the olympics made him the No. 1 defenseman. So, he constantly gets increased responsibility rapidly.

Not sure what part of his game looks more like Clague, minus the skating.

Reactions: kinghock

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Well... Team USA's coaching staff for the olympics made him the No. 1 defenseman. So, he constantly gets increased responsibility rapidly.

Not sure what part of his game looks more like Clague, minus the skating.
I'm seeing a guy doing the bare minimum (smart safe plays). No physicality and no offense.

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
Fox sucks. Anyone who forces their way onto a team is super lame. I'll never root for him.
That's fair. But boy if I knew how to slap a puck, I would have loved to hear the kings call my name on draft day.

Hoping Faber joins the reign after his season is over to see what he can do at the pro level. Could be playing top line minutes, plus next year, then be a full time king around the TDL(or traded for bigger piece) I have higher hopes for Grans to be honest. Helges offence from the blue line is something we're desperately missing.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I'm seeing a guy doing the bare minimum (smart safe plays). No physicality and no offense.
That's what I see too. He's one of those guys who looks to be a surefire NHL'er, but to be something special he'll have to elevate other parts of his game. Right now I don't think his ceiling is as high as Bjornfot, nor is he as physical as Anderson. Not to say that's not good value at his draft spot, they are very good young NHL defensemen. He's still developing though so maybe another aspect of his game takes off.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
That's what I see too. He's one of those guys who looks to be a surefire NHL'er, but to be something special he'll have to elevate other parts of his game. Right now I don't think his ceiling is as high as Bjornfot, nor is he as physical as Anderson. Not to say that's not good value at his draft spot, they are very good young NHL defensemen. He's still developing though so maybe another aspect of his game takes off.
Yeah I agree, I don't see a lot of offense coming from Faber. He'll maybe pitch in a few points here and there, but he just doesn't have the offensive capabilities like a Spence or Durzi. Although I think defensively he might be the best out of all our D prospects and his skating is elite.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumbergh

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I always figured Faber as a Mikey Anderson clone. Maybe that's a lazy comparison since they both played for Minnesota, but that's the impression that I always got from him.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Watch Jacob Slavin play, that is his ceiling. Slavin is a defensive stud without being a physical force (I know some don’t think that is possible).

There is a reason he has been voted near the top of his conference by Big Ten players he competes against, Big Ten coaches who’s occupation is knowing a ton about this league as well as the media who cover the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad