Prospect Info: LAK Draft (45th, 2020) RD Brock Faber - USNTDP, USHL

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I dunno man, last year when he was hurt the team was definitely missing him.
DId a quick check and the Kings were 7-4-2 without Fiala. That's a 100-point pace over 82 games. They outscored their opponent 42-27. They were 10/38 on the powerplay (26%).

The difference without him was arguably negligible.

Reactions: lumbergh

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
DId a quick check and the Kings were 7-4-2 without Fiala. That's a 100-point pace over 82 games. They outscored their opponent 42-27. They were 10/38 on the powerplay (26%).

Dont think that can be used as hard evidence because only 3 of the 13 games were against eventual playoff teams.. but it is interesting... you also have to consider things like when DD went down in 21-22 I believe PP and team scoring overall went up noticeably. My point is it may be misleading to use those stats to evaluate a player's overall effect on the team. I personally am questioning Fiala these days based on eye test only. Last year I thought he was very effective at generating offense and not being quite as boneheaded as he is this year... dont have stats for that, just my impression.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dont think that can be used as hard evidence because only 3 of the 13 games were against eventual playoff teams.. but it is interesting... you also have to consider things like when DD went down in 21-22 I believe PP and team scoring overall went up noticeably. My point is it may be misleading to use those stats to evaluate a player's overall effect on the team. I personally am questioning Fiala these days based on eye test only. Last year I thought he was very effective at generating offense and not being quite as boneheaded as he is this year... dont have stats for that, just my impression.
Understandable. I went with the "hard numbers", because then we'd get into arguments of subjectivity.

I could have simply said "I disagree", but then I'd just look like a hater since I spoke out against the Fiala trade from the beginning.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

And in the playoffs we were 2-1 without Fiala, and 0-3 with Fiala.

He had two tripping penalties in those 3 games. Each of which resulted in a PP goal for EDM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad