Prospect Info: LAK Draft (45th, 2020) RD Brock Faber - USNTDP, USHL

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Interesting to see how this pans out because Grans was picked higher. Without knowing Yanetti's tier list, it was probably a shrewd move to trade up for Faber to get a player in the same tier as Grans. In any event, Faber was definitely a player they wanted.

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Love the Faber pick. As soon as Kleven was picked L.A made the move. I think both were in the kings grouping and when it came down to only one left they pounced.

Reactions: YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Was he even eligible for Dev camp? Can NCAA players now do Dev camp because of NIL?

NCAA players were always eligible provided they pay their own way and they only get a certain amount of instruction.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
NCAA players were always eligible provided they pay their own way and they only get a certain amount of instruction.

Yea, and most never did. Sooo can they now get money from “someone” to attend?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah new NCAA rules eh, shoudl be interesting. Hadn'te ven considered the implications for hockey

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
another solid effort against Germany. The guy moves the puck well, and doesn't mind shooting either. Saw a lot of Duzi in his game today, the way he was moving around to get a clean shot off.

Lead both teams again in ice time with over 25 minutes and a plus 2. I didn't see the game but USA coach must have a lot of trust in him. That's Drew Doughty minutes.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Lead both teams again in ice time with over 25 minutes and a plus 2. I didn't see the game but USA coach must have a lot of trust in him. That's Drew Doughty minutes.

Last 2 games vs Canada and Germany respectively...he's been out on the ice in the final minutes trying to close out the game. Was put out against Canada on the last 5 on 3 at the end. He reminds me of the Ducks version of Scott Niedermayer but hopefully he'll turn out like the Devils version. Give him 50 games in the AHL next year and he'll be NHL ready. I think he is more ready than all the D-man prospects LA has (even Clarke). He'll be our Matt Roy replacement shortly.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's crazy is he's still 19 as well. Till August! He may be more ready looking than others but man he's ahead of the game and just keeps growing.

Like he might just push his way onto the roster--but in a roundabout way I hope others keep him off temporarily so he can grow his game, there's some offensive ability there I don't want to see stifled like we've seen with Bjornfot, just not enough time with the puck at the top level to develop much further, so he's settling into a defensive dman role that can move the puck instead of a guy with at least a little bit of offense. Not that he'll be a PPQB or anything but I think the modern dman needs to be at least somewhat of a thread with the puck othrewise you'll get shit like people leaving Forbort wide open so they can double team doughty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->