Value of: Laine in the off-season

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Everyone always forgets the part about Laine needing to actually SIGN the offer sheet. You can't just present it to him, he actually has to agree to sign it.

Laine loves Winnipeg, he's won't sign an offer sheet.
And you need a GM willing to rock the old boys GM club for a deal easily matched. If the Jets were in a cap figure four I could see potential for offer sheets. But if another GM wants to negotiate the contract for Chevy let em.

Reactions: Snowman

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Everyone always forgets the part about Laine needing to actually SIGN the offer sheet. You can't just present it to him, he actually has to agree to sign it.

Laine loves Winnipeg, he's won't sign an offer sheet.
And you need a GM willing to rock the old boys GM club for a deal easily matched. If the Jets were in a cap figure four I could see potential for offer sheets. But if another GM wants to negotiate the contract for Chevy let em.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Amazing that anybody wants to offer sheet "the worst player in the NHL" :laugh:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

20 threads saying Laine is a washed up overrated one trick pony bum.

Now we have to worry about him getting offer sheeted and we owe him 10 million a year????????

It is a f***ing total laugh to read this shit.

giphy.gif

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He really is the prime candidate for an offer sheet though, that's the thing.

His production has not been maximized on his current team due to his botched development / usage, and it's highly likely that his agent will recommend offer sheets as a way to cash in off an RFA contract. By no circumstances is he going to reccomend taking any sort of bridge or lowball offer, in the new era, RFA's can how make maximum $ straight out of an ELC..

$10M minimum is what the Jets will have to start out with.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It would be fair. What Jet fans seem to want though is to bridge him at 4-5m x 2 and if I was Laine I'd ask Trouba for advice.
I think Jet fans want to avoid the 10+ long term for a player who has shown inconsistency. I think it's about that 9 million over 7 or 8 years where Jet fans start becoming uneasy. Maybe uneasy means the starting point of fair. But anything under 9 for 8 years and I'm all for it.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
20 threads saying Laine is a washed up overrated one trick pony bum.

Now we have to worry about him getting offer sheeted and we owe him 10 million a year????????

It is a ****ing total laugh to read this ****.

giphy.gif

It is great entertainment.

Reactions: tntkid

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He really is the prime candidate for an offer sheet though, that's the thing.

His production has not been maximized on his current team due to his botched development / usage, and it's highly likely that his agent will recommend offer sheets as a way to cash in off an RFA contract. By no circumstances is he going to reccomend taking any sort of bridge or lowball offer, in the new era, RFA's can how make maximum $ straight out of an ELC..

$10M minimum is what the Jets will have to start out with.
Hes not a prime candidate though when the Jets have the space to match. I look at a guy like Kapenen as a prime candidate. Hes not the first priority for the leafs but is a good player with potential and they are going to be up against it after they sign their top priority in Marner.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hes not a prime candidate though when the Jets have the space to match. I look at a guy like Kapenen as a prime candidate. Hes not the first priority for the leafs but is a good player with potential and they are going to be up against it after they sign their top priority in Marner.

So what are your numbers then? I've seen the numbers in this thread and they are shockingly low compared to what's actually going to happen.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
So what are your numbers then? I've seen the numbers in this thread and they are shockingly low compared to what's actually going to happen.
My thought was anything under 9 million for 7 or 8 years is a near snap decision to sign him. Over 9 million is where I feel the balance of the bridge deal starts to interest jet fans and over 10 or the point of 4, 1sts for that offer sheet seems interesting and the bridge is ideal.

But I dont speak for everyone.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Good . Make it happen.

7x7 would raise laine's value

I highly doubt something like that happens

His agent asks for 10 million
Jets can only bridge. Don't see the point of signing him long term at such a high price. If he ends up being as good as we think he can he'll be expensive regardless

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
He's getting a 2 year bridge book it nobody is offer sheeting him. Not sure what's wrong with him or just a crazy bad luck streak but after everything he's what 20 points behind Mathews career wise? Laine and the Jets will figure it out sooner or later he didn't just lose his skills. Might be something bothering him off ice even for all we know or lingering injury he's trying to play through? Laine will be fine moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad