Value of: Laine in the off-season

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
something like Draisaitl for Laine and Niku
Why would the Jets be adding? Laine's upside is higher than Draisaitl's and Draisaitl is already signed to what is almost a worst-case-scenario-contract for Laine. Draisaitl hasn't shown much away from McDavid.

Reactions: Snowman

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I would gladly enjoy seeing the jets sign a 40+ goal scorer to 7 mil through his prime. Would be a steal
It would be fair. What Jet fans seem to want though is to bridge him at 4-5m x 2 and if I was Laine I'd ask Trouba for advice.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Some team should take a chance and offer sheet Laine at 7 x 7.
I can't see Laine signing a lowball offer like that, but it would be a best case scenario for the Jets. An excellent young player locked up long term for a reasonable amount. That would be fantastic.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Not a chance. Laine's value isn't based on a cold streak. He's a phenomenal goal scorer. He was spectacular earlier in the year don't underrate him due to your recency bias.

Buffalo has absolutely nothing outside of Eichel or Dahlin that would even start the conversation.

Is it really a cold streak now? It's been almost 3 full months and he only has 4 goals to show for it. If he's not scoring he is useless.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Is it really a cold streak now? It's been almost 3 full months and he only has 4 goals to show for it. If he's not scoring he is useless.

Of course it's a cold streak. Or do you think the guy that score 18 in November and 40+ the year before is a 20 goal scorer in disguise?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Try actually watching hockey sometimes and you'll gain an understanding of streaks.

To put Laine's scoring in perspective for you, Vancouver's golden boy scorer only has 21 goals. Laine has 25 and has only scored a couple times since December. So, I'd say we'll hold onto Laine. Maybe you can trade a meh scorer like Boesser to Buffalo to jump start your rebuild? You'd have to add pretty big though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad