Rumor: Kyle Dubas met with Mikhail Grigorenko and Nikita Nesterov (KHL)

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
:laugh:

A few years ago: "Rah, rah, rah, we signed Lou (Burkie)"

Now: "Lou (Burkie) was a disaster"

Zaitseav, Marleau, failing to sign Nylander and causing the whole RFA problem, denying Marner's bonuses........just look at some of the contracts he is signing in NYI.

I don't have the list in front of me but there's something like 5 guys in the outfit that can be credited to him. One was a no brainer 1st overall. Another was a no brainer 17th that fell to them. The one real good thing you can point to is his Andersen trade.

Reactions: smitty10

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Zaitseav, Marleau, failing to sign Nylander and causing the whole RFA problem, denying Marner's bonuses........just look at some of the contracts he is signing in NYI.

I don't have the list in front of me but there's something like 5 guys in the outfit that can be credited to him. One was a no brainer 1st overall. Another was a no brainer 17th that fell to them. The one real good thing you can point to is his Andersen trade.
I fully agree with you.

But it is funny how some fans turn on their savior after a few years.

The phenomenon is on its way with Babcock.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I fully agree with you.

historical reputation does not matter as much as current production/assessment
i.e. things change

Reactions: Menzinger

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I mean when 4 guys or whatever it is take up near half of your cap you gotta get creative and sign guys on the cheap. Grigo just sucks in the NHL tho.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If you look for diamonds I don't think the answer is Grigorenko.
The problem with looking for diamons in the rough is you rarely really find one. Also maybe he should be looking in the right places at the right time. I mean Nicholas Robertson looks just fine for now... in juniors. If Dubas was looking to find a russian diamond he could have picked Dorofeyev who looks just fine in the KHL as a 18y.o. which is a rare feat. Dorofeyev will probably become twice the player Grigorenko is easily. As for vets the only FA player a NHL GM should be after in Russia is Shipachyov, but Toronto's center depth is fine...

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I fully agree with you.

Neither has ever been my saviour. I hold them all accountable though take measure to do so only based on what we know, where many make things up. I will always call people out on that as it is unjust.

Everyone has a shelf life. Funny thing is you'll hear certain posters play the genius card when the end is near, which is comical as it is the one thing you can 100% guarantee eventually. I mean, it's up there with saying the sun will rise in the East.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The problem with looking for diamons in the rough is you rarely really find one. Also maybe he should be looking in the right places at the right time. I mean Nicholas Robertson looks just fine for now... in juniors. If Dubas was looking to find a russian diamond he could have picked Dorofeyev who looks just fine in the KHL as a 18y.o. which is a rare feat. Dorofeyev will probably become twice the player Grigorenko is easily. As for vets the only FA player a NHL GM should be after in Russia is Shipachyov, but Toronto's center depth is fine...
He already has his diamonds. That isn't what he is after.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Mikhail Grigorenko is the worst hockey player I've ever seen. Anyone in this thread who has tried to argue otherwise probably can't tie their own shoelaces.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The issue with Grigorenko was never talent, he has plenty of that. He's a total perimeter player who has no interest in getting in the dirty areas. That works well in stretches, and then he disappears in tough games. The complete opposite of what I'd want on a playoff team.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The issue with Grigorenko was never talent, he has plenty of that. He's a total perimeter player who has no interest in getting in the dirty areas. That works well in stretches, and then he disappears in tough games. The complete opposite of what I'd want on a playoff team.

Since going to the KHL... his playoff numbers
41-22-12-34

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Players develop... Dadono was garbage when he went home
Evgeny Dadonov (b.1989) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

No he wasn't. Dadonov was a solid player. He wasn't anywhere as good as he is now, but when he came on to the scene the year before he was one of the Panthers best players, in fact he made the NHL All-star team (by default since the rest of the Panthers were either injured or sucked) but was applauded daily be Pete DeBoer for his work ethic and skill. You could see the skill potential even back then before he left.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
No he wasn't. Dadonov was a solid player. He wasn't anywhere as good as he is now, but when he came on to the scene the year before he was one of the Panthers best players, in fact he made the NHL All-star team (by default since the rest of the Panthers were either injured or sucked) but was applauded daily be Pete DeBoer for his work ethic and skill. You could see the skill potential even back then before he left.

He had 28Pts in 55AHL games before going back home

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
He had 28Pts in 55AHL games before going back home

So? Pete Deboer even famously said, he's one of those guys who played better at the NHL level.

You're obviously just stat watching. Anyone who saw Dadonov play for Florida before he left knew he was a solid player.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So? Pete Deboer even famously said, he's one of those guys who played better at the NHL level.

You're obviously just stat watching. Anyone who saw Dadonov play for Florida before he left knew he was a solid player.

Oh so his 15-2-1-3 in the NHL was impressive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad