Rumor: Kyle Dubas met with Mikhail Grigorenko and Nikita Nesterov (KHL)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Grigorenko has been one of the best in the KHL. wouldnt be shocked to see him turn into a decent 2nd liner

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
the problem is it shakes out like;

Rielly XXXX
dermott XXXX
Sandin Lily

the 2/3 missing pieces are not so easy to come by.
The Leafs will likely get something done with Holl for 2 RD. He has been fantastic. They will need a partner for Rielly, but a stylistic fit is more important than anything. Johnsson or Kapanen + can be had. Both Muzzin and Barrie likely walk.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Grigorenko has talent but he's soft and can be lazy at times.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018

Rielly XXXX
dermott XXXX
Sandin Lily

One of Barrie or Muzzin will be resigned. Most likely Muzzin.

Rielly - XXX
Muzzin - Dermott
Sandin - Liljegren / Holl

That leaves ideally a spot open for a new player, but filling that spot will be hard.

They could go Dermott, Holl, Liljegren on the right side.

Who knows...

I bet they resign Muzzin though. He's been terrific.

Reactions: qqaz

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007

Rielly XXXX
dermott XXXX
Sandin Lily

Holl has shown he's more than capable of not only a full time job, perhaps a shot on the second pair. He's easily been a solid top 6 dman all 30 games this season. He's a RHD too and likely fairly cheap. They will need him to fill out the roster one way or another.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Leafs will likely get something done with Holl for 2 RD. He has been fantastic. They will need a partner for Rielly, but a stylistic fit is more important than anything. Johnsson or Kapanen + can be had. Both Muzzin and Barrie likely walk.

That's the problem you can't let them both walk, I don't think it's as bad as
some believe it is because I really like Dermott but still you can't have Reilly Dermott, Lilly and Sandin in your top 4 you can't have 2 raw rookies in your top 4.

You either need to keep 1 of Barrie or Muzzin or you need to bring in a top 4 D

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That's the problem you can't let them both walk, I don't think it's as some believe it is because I really like Dermott but still you can't have Reilly Dermott, Lilly and Sandin in your top 4 you can't have 2 raw rookies in your top 4.

You either need to keep 1 of Barrie or Muzzin or you need to bring in a top 4 D

Bettman said after the GM meetings that the cap might going up to 84-85M. If that is the case, Ceci walking and the cap going up covers the raise to Barrie or Muzzin (Or Pietrangelo fingers crossed lol)

Reactions: teddygmr

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Bettman said after the GM meetings that the cap might going up to 84-85M. If that is the case, Ceci walking and the cap going up covers the raise to Barrie or Muzzin (Or Pietrangelo fingers crossed lol)
can't see Barrie getting what he thinks. I kinda think he may take a short deal to re up his value

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Jesus is Dubas allergic to physical/grinding players or something.

I feel for Hyman and Muzzin, having to push back against entire teams all on their own now that Kadri is gone.
Don’t feel too bad for Muzzin, he will be walking as a free agent due to dubass’ RFA contract negotiating “ability”

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
One of Barrie or Muzzin will be resigned. Most likely Muzzin.

Rielly - XXX
Muzzin - Dermott
Sandin - Liljegren / Holl

That leaves ideally a spot open for a new player, but filling that spot will be hard.

They could go Dermott, Holl, Liljegren on the right side.

Who knows...

I bet they resign Muzzin though. He's been terrific.

Locking down that award winning defense: first step to the Cup, right there.

Reactions: Neutral Hockey Fan

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Wow! Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Nesterov? Really?
Oh wait, they only have Reilly signed next season.

Desperate times, desperate measures.
You do know they have 11 million this offseason, without even factoring in the cap rising, right?

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
$11 million for Dermott, 2 more top 4 D to replace Barrie and Muzzin, a backup goalie, and 3 more depth players...all while having enough to re-sign Andersen and Rielly the following year. Can’t wait to see how dubass mangles this one.

Can’t be much worse than his RFA abominations

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Matthews
Tavares
Kerfoot
Spezza

What the f*** is that group supposed to do through 4 playoff rounds? Or even 2 for that matter? I can see them getting through 1 but they'd get absolutely shredded in any run real playoff run.

Explains why he's going after Grigorienko, Matthews-Tavares-Kerfoot-Grigorienko looks so much harder to play against. Look out Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle! Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->