Rumor: Kyle Dubas met with Mikhail Grigorenko and Nikita Nesterov (KHL)

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Didn't totally hate Grigorenko with the Avs, but his game seemed a lot more suited to the wider rink and slower pace of the KHL. Wasn't quite skilled enough to pull off his (very) low intensity style in the NHL, and the Avs ultimately opted to protect then-AHLer Rocco Grimaldi at the expansion draft rather than him after the disaster season. Not sure how his game changed in the past years.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Rummaging around in that bargain bin.

I mean, I trust their bargain bin stuff and that's what cap teams need to do. They brought in a ton of guys who are NHLers for free, traded most of them now, but got cheap depth and moved on when they got too expensive or redundant.

Looks like he's done it again with Mikheyev who has been amazing

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Can't find a spot for Bracco(and a couple others in the AHL)... but sure go and sign Grigorenko because it's way more creative.

Pretty sure no one was signed yet? But IF they decide to trade Bracco for something or some other move, they have back up plans for depth. It's hilarious how people spin anything to be bad for Dubas. Bracco is nothing dude, he sucks.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Pretty sure no one was signed yet? But IF they decide to trade Bracco for something or some other move, they have back up plans for depth. It's hilarious how people spin anything to be bad for Dubas. Bracco is nothing dude, he sucks.
I actually like Dubas, but it's hilarious how people spin anything that is even remotely critical about their team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I mean, I trust their bargain bin stuff and that's what cap teams need to do. They brought in a ton of guys who are NHLers for free, traded most of them now, but got cheap depth and moved on when they got too expensive or redundant.

NHLers isn't a word I'd use to describe Nesterov (and a lesser extent Grigorenko) though.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

It’s a bargain bin for a reason. Zaitsev is probably one of the best possible outcomes.

Risk is non-existent so there’s no harm in it just very little upside too.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
It’s a bargain bin for a reason. Zaitsev is probably one of the best possible outcomes.

Risk is non-existent so there’s no harm in it just very little upside too.

You guys literally just traded for one of our bargain bins and remarked how well he looked in camp so no, there are a ton of good pieces they brought in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->