Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

Letang can't be out for much longer, which hopefully means that Niskanen will be moved soon. I can dream.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I can't wait for the Pens to trade a cheap, experienced (if unspectacular) blueliner to make room for a rookie on a hot streak! What could possibly go wrong with that?

It's not like this organization knows how to develop blueliners or anything.

/Snark.

Letang back is good news. Trading Niskanen could be good news, based on the return. But I'd move Engelland long before I thought about moving Niskannen.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, I can't wait for the Pens to trade a cheap, experienced (if unspectacular) blueliner to make room for a rookie on a hot streak! What could possibly go wrong with that?

It's not like this organization knows how to develop blueliners or anything.

/Snark.

Letang back is good news. Trading Niskanen could be good news, based on the return. But I'd move Engelland long before I thought about moving Niskannen.

To Any Other Team:

Matt Niskanen

To Pens:

Jack LaLanne's Ultimate Power Juicer

3600 RPM and best of all it's dishwasher safe.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Uh, what's wrong with Borts? He's playing quite well, thank you.
Nothing, I'm a big fan of how he's playing. I was saying that it would also suck if Bort was paying the price rather than Nisky.

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Great news!

Only thing that sucks is watch Maatta pay the price instead of Nisky

Horace

Oct 2, 2013
Returning home Tuesday for Edmonton is a realistic target if he continues to progress and skate.

Now we just need Neal!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Handshake: I feel that Lalane offer is short-sighted. Couldn't the team benefit more from a lifetime supply of Myoplex shakes?

You know, ever since you revealed yourself to be a Dark Lord of the Hockey Sith, your line disciples have been on quite the scoring tear. :help:

Nothing, I'm a big fan of how he's playing. I was saying that it would also suck if Bort was paying the price rather than Nisky.

I would not be disappointed if BOTH Nisky AND Orpik paid the price.

Scuds-Letang
Despres-Martin
Maatta-Borts

The Pens need cap space for another true 5M winger who won't play with Sid.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You know, ever since you revealed yourself to be a Dark Lord of the Hockey Sith, your line disciples have been on quite the scoring tear. :help:

Scuds-Letang
Despres-Martin
Maatta-Borts

So what team has an extra 5M forward that needs two d-men?

Orpik and Niskanen to Carolina for Skinner
to Buffalo for Vanek
to EDM for Perron

Get it done Ray

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Scuds-Letang
Despres-Martin
Maatta-Borts

Truth. I think they're both done here, which makes it all the more important that the young guys get playing time. If we expect them to be able to jump into the top 4 in the next year they can't be in the press box or wbs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Any word today? This makes me wonder if he might be in tonight

Or it could be unrelated.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/389059809720299520

ETA: Has he practiced with the team yet? I thought he did but all I see was a morning skate.

God that makes me sad. I'm at the point where I hope Bort is just slightly nicked up, because if this is a decision based on anything but injury I will lose all hope of Disco learning anything.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
God that makes me sad. I'm at the point where I hope Bort is just slightly nicked up, because if this is a decision based on anything but injury I will lose all hope of Disco learning anything.
I feel your pain. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but that wouldn't bode well for him.

"But I'm tryin' Bylsma, I'm tryin' real hard"

pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess Letang left after 30 minutes of practice.

Not sure what, if anything, to take away from that. Good that he's at least on the ice again, I suppose.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
They don't have enough room for a call up. My guess is they play seven defensemen against Edmonton if Bennett can't go. If I remember right Bortuzzo often slotted in at forward when WBS did that last year, so you might see him on the fourth line.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

Even the very wise cannot see all ends...

I guess Letang left after 30 minutes of practice.

Not sure what, if anything, to take away from that. Good that he's at least on the ice again, I suppose.

I suspect they are easing him into the full practice workload. Did he take any hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad