Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Why is it safer to do stuff under the supervision of professionals? Do they tell them to not drop weights on their feet because they can't think of it themselves? Or do they tell them to breathe in and breathe out because they tnd to forget that?
These guys have been doing exercises their whole life, it's not like it's their first day at the gym and they're trying to impress their pals by lifting way too heavy weights with a completely wrong technique.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
You don't think there was supervision while on a trip to an Army facility? Running up a hill carrying a boulder is not, in any conceivable way, as dangerous as hunting in the Amazon or deep sea fishing in the Pacific, so you can leave that hyperbole out. How many injuries were picked up as a result of this? People get hurt in weightrooms all the time, people get hurt on the ice, people get hurt on golf courses. Running up a hill carrying a boulder is really not that dangerous when you consider the people running up the hill are professional athletes who likely have a lot of experience running up inclines and carrying heavy things.

Agree to disagree. I think it's idiotic and pointless.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
the West Point thing doesn't bother me at all. Letang was nearly as likely to hurt himself by tripping in his own house or eating pancakes incorrectly.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Let's stay on topic here / not veer off into "what's more dangerous, going to west point and pushing boulders, or wrestling wild mountain gorillas in Gabon?" territory. ;) Hopefully we'll get some status updates soon (if he's not still lost in the woods).

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Why is it safer to do stuff under the supervision of professionals? Do they tell them to not drop weights on their feet because they can't think of it themselves? Or do they tell them to breathe in and breathe out because they tnd to forget that?
These guys have been doing exercises their whole life, it's not like it's their first day at the gym and they're trying to impress their pals by lifting way too heavy weights with a completely wrong technique.

is this a serious post?

Yeah thats really all lifting is. Here is a heavy weight, pick it up. You want to lift with a violent, jerking and twisting motion and use mostly your back.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Titanium, this update may interest you:

"After servicing a number of young ladies in the area, Beau Bennett has been diagnosed with a middle body injury and is DTD while receiving treatments... Ryan Malone (while injured himself) dropped by to visit Beau and share some of his experience and knowledge in this area."

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If Letang misses opening night you can throw bit**** at me.

Bit ****? Hmm...

Bit-ches? This would seem to fit the traditional fan-slang and attitude, however it does not pass the logic test. I can see no reason why if Letang missed games, that we should compound your suffering by throwing angry women or female dogs at you (which might also then become angry). Also if you had typed this the first 5 letters would be censored and the last two not so... can't be that!

Bit coin? While it may make you feel better to own digital currency, throwing it is not possible. Also it fails the language filter test.

Bit-umen? If you live in PA this could make sense, as throwing hydrocarbons at people (lumps of coal are hydrocarbon) might be a local past-time? Still though I fail to see how it will make your day anything but worse. Also fails the language test.

Bit-ters? This fails the filter test also but is the one I'm going with. I have discerned that bitters is a kind of alcoholic drink so... it makes perfect sense. Still throwing it at you may cause problems.

Just what in the hell were you trying to say? ;)

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Titanium, this update may interest you:

"After servicing a number of young ladies in the area, Beau Bennett has been diagnosed with a middle body injury and is DTD while receiving treatments... Ryan Malone (while injured himself) dropped by to visit Beau and share some of his experience and knowledge in this area."

Excellent.

danglyparts.jpg

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
I know this is about letang, but i haven't seen anything that says Martin is back from personal leave...anyone know?

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
Has anyone heard any updates on Letang? How long Tanger will be out, only season operner or more games?

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Has anyone heard any updates on Letang? How long Tanger will be out, only season operner or more games?

No one knows yet, no official word and none of the wonderful 'sources' that Rossi et al quote have said anything.

ThePuckHog

Aug 20, 2013
Jagr's Mullet
Seems to me that I read somewhere that his I jury isn't "believed to be that serious" for whatever that is worth. It was either Twitter or Yahoo... I'll go and have a look.
At any rate, with Coach Bylsma's stellar track record for speaking the truth regarding his roster, do you see his statement about Letangs injury having roster implications as meaning one of the junior boys won't be sent back as of right this second?

Edit: neither yahoo nor twitter.
It was our illustrious Shelley Anderson who wrote that it is her belief that Letangs knee injury is not serious.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/trades-not-in-salary-cap-scenarios-705526/

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Letang is on IR.

So he will miss atleast the season opener against the Devils.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
i know nothing, except that I've injured my own knees more times then I care to relate. If I had to make a wild speculation I'd say it's an MCL on letang.

Only reason I say that is that it fits the bill of an injury that you could still be walking around on, that can vary fairly widely on prognosis. that they probably would have to wait until they got back and did an MRI on to be 100% on how much damage was done.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
What is ir? Minimum of one week?

I think so, and probably retroactive to Saturday (whenever the team declares the player is not practicing etc).

No LTIR designation has to be a good sign right?

You'd think but we still haven't heard a description of the injury so it's hard to know whether this is related to the cap compliance rules (and how IR guys are counted towards roster limits), or whether they think he needs a week or two and just haven't updated people on what his condition is.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
All these "what ifs" reminds me a lot of the final scene of the old school BAtman and Robin TV show where they're one a conveyer belt slowly being moved towards some odd contraption of impending doom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad