Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
The whole "not sure if short term or extended" part is something that is usually never included in the initial info release. I take it that isn't a great sign.

But like EatonBabies said, at least it's not the dreaded "day-to-day".

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yes, there seem to be undertones of a serious injury buried between the lines. Hopefully he didn't get it during military exercises.

The team is pretty much a .500 team or a little better when he is out, so hopefully it won't be an extended absence.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The whole "not sure if short term or extended" part is something that is usually never included in the initial info release. I take it that isn't a great sign.

But like EatonBabies said, at least it's not the dreaded "day-to-day".

Well then let's hope Maatta gets a 9 game look if it's serious then.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Yes, there seem to be undertones of a serious injury buried between the lines. Hopefully he didn't get it during military exercises.

The team is pretty much a .500 team or a little better when he is out, so hopefully it won't be an extended absence.

how did he get injured? I mean he was fine in the last preseason game. What the heck are they doing up there at west ponit....

the guy is a work out fiend, how does a guy that in shape get hurt all the time?

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
I wonder why they don't send him back now instead of waiting until Monday if they think it could be serious.

WhoDaresWins

Nov 9, 2008
Pittsburgh
It seems like something that happened yesterday.

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 44m
We initially believed Letang's problem, which happened Friday, was equipment-related -- he removed shin guard before going to locker room.

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 50m
Kris Letang has what is believed to be a lower-leg injury, will stay off ice tomorrow and be further evaluated back home. #Penguins

https://twitter.com/pgshelly

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
how did he get injured? I mean he was fine in the last preseason game. What the heck are they doing up there at west ponit....

the guy is a work out fiend, how does a guy that in shape get hurt all the time?

firing range. Pouliot shot him in the shin. Gotta open up those roster spots.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I can't even say I'm surprised anymore. This team needs some kind of cleansing and then to be bubble wrapped, well any useful player on the team does.

People that talked about the youths on defense only getting played when (it's never if here) there were injured, well played.

This team's luck in general? Maybe he over trains?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
What injury can you possibly mistake for an equipment issue.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011

Shelly Anderson said he took off his shin guard before going to the locker room. I was thinking maybe he blocked a shot, but that would probably result in a bruise, not something that needed re-evaluated.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Shelly Anderson said he took off his shin guard before going to the locker room. I was thinking maybe he blocked a shot, but that would probably result in a bruise, not something that needed re-evaluated.

Yep, unless there's a cut or it's a high ankle sprain, or a bone break? But you wouldn't wait days to find out.

Maybe he blocked a shot, his shin guard cracked and it cut him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Well, as one example, Sheldon Souray (a notable workout fiend himself) shattered his wrist while tossing around a medicine ball this off-season. Needed surgery, out long term.

And then there's the whole Martin Straka attack of the killer barbels incident...

A vulgar one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->