Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=684683&navid=DL|PIT|home

sorry if this has been posted before.
that pic of letang doesn't look like his injury is that serious.

might as well embed the image.

hike928135.jpg

he's bending one knee and putting weight on the other knee. it's a miracle!!!

i bet he prayed to Saint Gangulphus of Burgundy.

Omnomnomnom

Mar 6, 2012
Sucks, cuz he was my first D choice in my hockey pool. Hoping for you guys that it isn't serious. One, if not the best offensive D in the league.

I heard this is all an elaborate ruse, and that he actually died of a heart attack at the zoo. Looks like it's the waiver wire for you. Sorry :(

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Took me a while to even find Letang in that picture. That camo hat is effective.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Days before the regular season kicks off and these guys are doing military drills involving carrying boulders and logs up hills. Can someone please explain to me what the point of this is?

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Days before the regular season kicks off and these guys are doing military drills involving carrying boulders and logs up hills. Can someone please explain to me what the point of this is?

Alpha's being Alphas? Tiger Woods use to train with the navy seals and he got hurt bad from it too :shakehead .

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010

Team building. Why do people consider carrying boulders and logs up hills to be infinitely more dangerous than working out in a weight room? Players can hurt themselves playing golf for ****s sake. It's not a big deal, at all.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Team building. Why do people consider carrying boulders and logs up hills to be infinitely more dangerous than working out in a weight room? Players can hurt themselves playing golf for ****s sake. It's not a big deal, at all.

Plus, if a boulder ever rolls onto the ice, we'll be way better equipped than our opponent to deal with the situation.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada

It's a lot less likely to get hurt in a controlled environment like a weightroom under the supervision of team trainers than it is out in the woods where you're running up hills carrying boulders. To me it seems like such a damned unnecessarily risky way to engage in "team building" so close to the regular season kicking off. How about next year we send them on a hunting trip in the amazon or deep see fishing in the pacific as well?

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
It's a lot less likely to get hurt in a controlled environment like a weightroom under the supervision of team trainers than it is out in the woods where you're running up hills carrying boulders. To me it seems like such a damned unnecessarily risky way to engage in "team building" so close to the regular season kicking off. How about next year we send them on a hunting trip in the amazon or deep see fishing in the pacific as well?

Marty Straka disagrees with you

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I really do have to agree with this, especially considering the damn injury history for this team. In a weight room there's also more immediate medical treatment. Play feed Despres.

His name is SIMON. Thanks.

:laugh:

Good luck rolling him, getting him onto the ice and the infrastructure supporting his weight.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010

You don't think there was supervision while on a trip to an Army facility? Running up a hill carrying a boulder is not, in any conceivable way, as dangerous as hunting in the Amazon or deep sea fishing in the Pacific, so you can leave that hyperbole out. How many injuries were picked up as a result of this? People get hurt in weightrooms all the time, people get hurt on the ice, people get hurt on golf courses. Running up a hill carrying a boulder is really not that dangerous when you consider the people running up the hill are professional athletes who likely have a lot of experience running up inclines and carrying heavy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad