Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Letang being injured is obviously bad news any way you look at it, but I do have to think it's not THAT serious if he's still at West Point. He's basically a franchise player and doesn't need any more "bonding" time. If they suspected something as significant as, say, an ACL tear, I'm pretty sure he would have left the trip and gone back to Pittsburgh to be evaluated immediately. No?

NO. YOU WILL BOND WITH THE TEAM. I don't care if your leg gets cut off, BOND DAMMIT!

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
Letang being injured is obviously bad news any way you look at it, but I do have to think it's not THAT serious if he's still at West Point. He's basically a franchise player and doesn't need any more "bonding" time. If they suspected something as significant as, say, an ACL tear, I'm pretty sure he would have left the trip and gone back to Pittsburgh to be evaluated immediately. No?

I hope that is the case. I've seen pictures of him today on the Pens site walking around on the campus tour and also standing and signing autographs.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
I bet Despres is behind this.

I wonder where he got the idea..

maukice-pouncey-injured-week-1-vs-titans.gif

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Like I said when Letang signed his deal, you have to assume he's going to miss 15+ games a season because well, he usually does.

Amazing that this **** is starting already.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Like I said when Letang signed his deal, you have to assume he's going to miss 15+ games a season because well, he usually does.

Amazing that this **** is starting already.

I do find it funny that it continues to happen to our star players while the pylons on this team continue to avoid injury year after year.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

That's also what I thought when I heard about the injury. If it is serious there's no way he'd be hanging around West Point for another two days.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's also what I thought when I heard about the injury. If it is serious there's no way he'd be hanging around West Point for another two days.

Far be it from me to step out of character and be the pessimist in the room, but I've got 3 words for you: Penguins Medical Staff.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
Far be it from me to step out of character and be the pessimist in the room, but I've got 3 words for you: Penguins Medical Staff.

They overhauled the medical staff last year. They now have a doctor who travels with the team. Hopefully, the new medical staff is much better.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I heard Fatty McFatwad Slewban'd him during practice then tried to skate over his ankle for good measure. Then he pulled out a maple frosted that he had stuffed in his sleeve before practice, and ate the entire thing before the coaches even noticed Letang was hurting. He was later seen chewing on his sleeve while waiting for play to resume, as Letang was wheeled off on a strechter. No morsel of frosting will go unconsumed!

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
The West Point thing was cute the first time, but they're really still doing that? You'd think both organizations could find better use of their time.

Wasn't this the first time since 2007 that they did that? So it's not like they're going there all too often.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
one of the reasons i didnt want the penguins to sign letang was because hes so injury prone.

they already have big money tied up in one injury prone star in crosby, is it really smart to commit to a d-man made of glass?

Yes, he's better than everyone else we have. This also applies to most teams in the league.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Wasn't this the first time since 2007 that they did that? So it's not like they're going there all too often.
Yep, this is a completely different team. I believe there are only 4 or 5 players left from that team.

IMO, these guys could use some team building.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
one of the reasons i didnt want the penguins to sign letang was because hes so injury prone.

they already have big money tied up in one injury prone star in crosby, is it really smart to commit to a d-man made of glass?

lets wait and see if he even misses a game before we decide if signing him for 8 years was a bad idea because he's missed like 2 practices.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Sucks, cuz he was my first D choice in my hockey pool. Hoping for you guys that it isn't serious. One, if not the best offensive D in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad