Injury Report: Kris Letang Lower Body Injury (Status: Healed, Back Friday 10-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's unbelievable how it's always the star players getting hurt on this team. They're made out of plastic, while Tanner Glass and Craig Adams are made out of steel.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come this season.

I really hope they don't put Engelland in over Despres if Letang has to miss significant time.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
How the **** do you injure yourself during light workouts on team building weekend at West Point? Wondering if this is maybe a bad ice problem and his skate bit when he wasn't expecting it... something like that. He obviously was not hurt during the prior pre-season game, and you wouldn't think they'd be having full-on scrimmages with shot blocking and what not this weekend?

WhoDaresWins

Nov 9, 2008
Pittsburgh
They're having regular on ice practices. Over on another message board someone who was at the practice yesterday said he went awkwardly into the boards and then immediately left the ice. This person also made mention of the ice being pretty crappy at that point.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Army. Be All You Can Be.

(******** can't even make good ice. I bet they don't like this French Canadian guys being on their rink.) ;)

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
I'm not surprised in the least.

I watched some of his offseason training videos, and man some of those exercises he does puts unnecessary strain on his lower joints. I don't know who he goes to for his training, but he trains like a moron.

DfTJ11D.jpg

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
At least we'll get to see Niskanen step up into the top 4 and Engelland get some more minutes.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
So basically this happened because they were practicing on bad ice away from Pittsburgh for no good reason whatsoever. I get it now.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I'm not surprised in the least.

I watched some of his offseason training videos, and man some of those exercises he does puts unnecessary strain on his lower joints. I don't know who he goes to for his training, but he trains like a moron.

DfTJ11D.jpg

Meh, some people are more prone to injury. Gary Roberts is widely known for his great workout routines, he has NHLers flocking to him for training every year and the guy was injured all the time when he was playing.

You can injure yourself by doing the dumbest things, too. Sometimes all it takes is turning a certain way and you've pulled something. Stuff happens.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Letang being injured is obviously bad news any way you look at it, but I do have to think it's not THAT serious if he's still at West Point. He's basically a franchise player and doesn't need any more "bonding" time. If they suspected something as significant as, say, an ACL tear, I'm pretty sure he would have left the trip and gone back to Pittsburgh to be evaluated immediately. No?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
we have plenty of bad ice in pittsburgh, they don't have to go to west point for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->