Dreger: Kreider and the Rangers unable to agree on a contract, likely to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Looks like the truth struck a nerve with you. Poor baby.

Except that he's right. He's not a "meh" player. His net front presence on the powerplay alone robs him of a good 15-20 points every season. Watch a few of Zibanejad's powerplay goals that are a direct result of Kreider despite him never getting any touches.

Reactions: CasusBelli

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Looks like the truth struck a nerve with you. Poor baby.

hmmmmm, based on all your responses over the last 2 pages, it looks like a nerve was struck with you lmao. I’ll stick with my original comment.....you’re ignorant.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
hmmmmm, based on all your responses over the last 2 pages, it looks like a nerve was struck with you lmao. I’ll stick with my original comment.....you’re ignorant.
Hours later and you’re still mad.

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Yup cluelessly objective. He’s a good player not a top line winger who is gonna produce 30 or more goals almost every season.
Based on career stats, has scored over 20 goals in every season except 2 of them. One of those seasons he played only 58 and the other was his first NHL season with 66 games. He is a top-line winger. I am an isles fan as well.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Reading between the lines on the reports, it sounds like the Rangers made another offer today at 6 x 6.5ish and Kreider is sleeping on it.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Reading between the lines on the reports, it sounds like the Rangers made another offer today at 6 x 6.5ish and Kreider is sleeping on it.

he can sign with them in the summer

if he wants to help the team, be a rental, get as much as he can for the blueshirts and come back next season on a 6x6.5 or 7x7 or whatever deal

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If this came from Dreger's Russian sources, then we can expect Kreider to be re-signing with the NYR.

Reactions: Rangers743

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Don't play with my heart. Please get traded. I don't even care if it's just for a 2nd. As long as we don't re-sign him to some crazy 6-7 year deal i'll be a happy camper.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
he can sign with them in the summer

if he wants to help the team, be a rental, get as much as he can for the blueshirts and come back next season on a 6x6.5 or 7x7 or whatever deal

This, just agree on principle then come back and strengthen the team. Only way it wouldn't work is if he's looking to get an 8 year deal from someone which I doubt he is.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
He'll be a very useful rental this year. He'll also likely end up waived/bought out/traded as a cap dump by whoever signs him in the offseason. His style doesn't age well.

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
Such a meh player that is getting hype because there aren’t many good players on the block this year.
In my opinion, he is not being overvalued for what is rumored the NYR are looking for. Top line stats IMO, consistent, and a lot more that you can't see on a stat sheet. Meh player? Come on.

Just curious, serious question, in the last couple of years what good players by your standard were on the block? That makes CK a meh player?

Now when CK becomes an FA in 7/1, if he is looking for a 7-year contract, stay far away but he will get it and good for him.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Bottom line is he's a consistent 20ish goal, 50ish point player. He needs to be priced accordingly.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I'd rather not. 20 games + playoff run of Kreider IMO isn't worth close to what the Rangers will be asking for him.

I'd rather look into other options like AA and maybe even Thornton before I do that.
Depends on the input and the outcome doesn’t it?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I really think the Rangers should working something out with Kreider for 5-6 years. For one, he's still just 28 so he has some very nice years left. He's a good team guy and fan-favorite. The Rangers have very nice chemistry right not--and the way they're playing I wouldn't rule them out of sneaking into the playoffs and getting hot. Unless another is legit willing to overpay--say a 1st rounder and a decent prospect--you keep him and try to extend him before UFA opens up.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I don't think so, and if so it would be closer to age 36. The guy is in good shape always, he jumps out of the swimming pools.

Kreider's a freak athlete. Grabner's still flying at 32/33, no reason Kreider's legs wont keep up at least that long

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Name one power forward whose game is predicated on speed that aged well into his mid or late 30s...

That contract will be regrettable

That said, kreiders the type of player that will be a huge impact player or a ghost. Depending on where he goes and how well he fits in to the new team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad