Dreger: Kreider and the Rangers unable to agree on a contract, likely to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
If the Avs think they can sign him I'm up for it since it's going to cost a 1st. Doesn't make sense to get a pure rental this year and lose valuable assets when their window is just opening. If they can't sign him I'd rather pay a little more for Drouin

Reactions: Patagonia

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
:(
786ACA23-8016-463C-806F-317B954C51AB.gif

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Calling a dark horse, Nashville

Poile will want to make the playoffs and is sitting just outside. Turris goes somewhere else as a cap dump

How much term remaining on Turris' contract? Isles have oodles of cap space and if Nashville needs a cap dump they can send him here with a prospect or pick and he'll be a better third line center than anything else we have in house.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You never know hot goalies can take teams far. I’ll never forget when John Casey took the the Northstars all the way to the Stanley Cup finals.

Played the Pens in that finals didn't they? Lemieux was a human highlight reel that finals if I remember correctly. Just saw Brian Bellows attending an Isles game while his son Kiefer was playing....damn I feel old.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
How much term remaining on Turris' contract? Isles have oodles of cap space and if Nashville needs a cap dump they can send him here with a prospect or pick and he'll be a better third line center than anything else we have in house.
4 more after this one @ $6MM per, ugly

Vex

Apr 23, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
I love when people pick some arbitrary number to judge a player who fell short of it by like 1-2 points.

I forget who it was about, maybe Matthews, but I remember reading "not even a 75 point player" as if that has ever been a thing ever.

Anyway, I dislike Kreider, but every team would be lucky to get him. Great player.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Played the Pens in that finals didn't they? Lemieux was a human highlight reel that finals if I remember correctly. Just saw Brian Bellows attending an Isles game while his son Kiefer was playing....damn I feel old.
Yup penguins were just to strong. Northstars pp was also really good in there run to the finals but Casey was just unbelievable.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Trading Kreider is going to hurt, but we all know it’s the right thing to do if they’re not going to resign him. It’s not about this year.

I whoever gets him is gonna love him. I think he’s a great rental for a playoff run. He’s not a superstar, but he’s a great addition to a Top line.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So according to Larry he is looking for 7 x 7M+? Yeah hard pass. That will be one hell of an ugly contract.
Really hope he does not end up with the Avs.

before he upped his play I was at a sweetheart deal, 6.2 x 5 which is close on the 7 per, but a bit less on the term.

I would do the 50m for 7 he supposedly wants, but I'd first offer
8m for 5 years.

He deserves the 8 mo than Trouba
also, by doing 8 he is helping set the bar for Mika Z when they do his extension.

Hopefully Larry has been wrong before and he will be wrong again,
If not, the other hope is he really wants to stay at an acceptable #, GMJG is not being stupid with too much hardball, and Chris will let us pimp him out for an expensive rental, preferably to a team that pays most but also has zip cap going forward to re-sign.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
It’s going to be interesting if they get the package they’re looking for with Boston probably out of it.

Have to think the Avs are front and center. If not with Athanasiou sitting tonight, maybe the Avs look there instead.

Calgary has been just missing the last couple of years in big gets. Assuming Kreider has said no to Canada, they probably look at AA as he’s actually more of a game changer than Kreider.

The only other teams that would probably pay the Rangers price is Dallas. Maybe Florida.

Sometimes you wait to long and obviously Boston was willing at one point but seem out now. So it’s gotta be the Avs bidding against themselves at this point.

You never know though. Like I mentioned above. Dallas is always sneaky making moves. Nill is very quiet and usually comes out of nowhere to make. a splash.

I think Boston is still very much in this despite not having their #1 draft pick.

Reactions: wintersej

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think Boston is still very much in this despite not having their #1 draft pick.
Especially if they offer Beecher and imagine if he resigns with Boston when the trade is made, a little value added like the Mark Stone trade. I hope that happens. It could happen with Bruins

DaddyO

Apr 22, 2015
With Shesterkin playing lights out and the team sitting 4 points out I think they keep him as their own rental, while still having more time to negotiate a new contract.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
With Shesterkin playing lights out and the team sitting 4 points out I think they keep him as their own rental, while still having more time to negotiate a new contract.
Your thoughts would be wrong, and also would be the wrong thing to do

Reactions: UnSandvich

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s the kind of guy whose play is just going to fall off a cliff one day. Won’t be a slow decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino