Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov signs extension

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
just stop drafting europeans. this organization from the front office to the coaching staff are all canadians and americans that are fine with their way of doing things. the cultural difference puts our own prospects behind from the get go. Andersson, Kravtsov, Chytil, Kakko, Lundkvist. Fox and Miller stepped in just fine, Laf being a french canadian was mostly fine and now should be fine. Othmann will step in just fine too.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
just stop drafting europeans. this organization from the front office to the coaching staff are all canadians and americans that are fine with their way of doing things. the cultural difference puts our own prospects behind from the get go. Andersson, Kravtsov, Chytil, Kakko, Lundkvist. Fox and Miller stepped in just fine, Laf being a french canadian was mostly fine and now should be fine. Othmann will step in just fine too.

We can’t exclude an entire category of elite players just cause they aren’t North American. Our culture needs to change.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He had no trade rights. I think he would stay in Russia before taking the risk that we send him to some shithole.

Of course, they may happen anyway, but I don't think he signs with the understanding that he's likely to be traded.

What do you mean "he had no trade rights"? He wanted to get traded.

Staying in Russia makes no sense they are sanctioned their shelves are empty and their currency is losing a lot of value, not to mention a possible threat of full blown mobilization.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What do you mean "he had no trade rights"? He wanted to get traded.

Staying in Russia makes no sense they are sanctioned their shelves are empty and their currency is losing a lot of value, not to mention a possible threat of full blown mobilization.
He can "want" all he wants. The Rangers can trade him. Not trade him. Trade him to all 31 teams. He doesn't have any clauses.

He's got money. His family has money. He's coming all the way across the world into an unfriendly climate at this point and doesn't speak the language well. And after doing all that he ends up in Seattle or Arizona State University?

Hell no. If I were him, I'd want some kind of understanding the Rangers intend to have me on the team.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
He can "want" all he wants. The Rangers can trade him. Not trade him. Trade him to all 31 teams. He doesn't have any clauses.

He's got money. His family has money. He's coming all the way across the world into an unfriendly climate at this point and doesn't speak the language well. And after doing all that he ends up in Seattle or Arizona State University?

Hell no. If I were him, I'd want some kind of understanding the Rangers intend to have me on the team.

Assuredly part of it is the realization they are cap strapped.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
Get rid of guys like Strome and Vatrano, and honestly maybe even Copp so Gallant has no choice but to rely on players like Chytil, Lafreniere, Kravtsov and hopefully Kakko for real minutes and responsibilities.
I see, replace talent with some young kids who will continue to struggle. That's a guaranteed way for Gallant to be fired.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Drury needs to go into toy removal mode with Gallant now. Great run, great season but it's time to go back to building something that can lead to a sustainable level of success and not just replay the Lundqvist years over again by being awful and getting bailed out by Shesterkin most nights.

Get rid of guys like Strome and Vatrano, and honestly maybe even Copp so Gallant has no choice but to rely on players like Chytil, Lafreniere, Kravtsov and hopefully Kakko for real minutes and responsibilities.

Gallant will find more "vets" like McKegg to play instead of promising rookies/young players. Doesn't seem like he is very good at developing young players either, look for another coach.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Keep him, play him.

What's been shown from this playoff run is that the kids are what makes us successful. The kids lead the way. Keep building. No more big contracts from the outside. Lean on the kids, Keep bringing up talent, keep adding talent to the system.

Kravtsov can be a real good player for us. Let him grow let him learn.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I see, replace talent with some young kids who will continue to struggle. That's a guaranteed way for Gallant to be fired.

Andrew Copp / Ryan Strome / Frank Vatrano = talent
Chytil / Kakko / Lafreniere = young kids who will continue to struggle?

If that's how you see these players it's not even worth dignifying you with a response.

Take a walk.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Gallant will find more "vets" like McKegg to play instead of promising rookies/young players. Doesn't seem like he is very good at developing young players either, look for another coach.

William Karlsson had his best season ever under Gallant. A lot of young players on Vegas did.

Barkov really became a top line player in 15-16 under Gallant.

The difference is on those teams Gallant had to play his young players because he really didn't have anyone else.

I think he can develop young players, he just needs to be saved from his own tendencies to overrely on vets. If he has players like Vatrano, Copp, Strome etc. he is always going to play them over essentially anyone younger than them.

Reactions: CLW and mas0764

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
William Karlsson had his best season ever under Gallant. A lot of young players on Vegas did.

Barkov really became a top line player in 15-16 under Gallant.

The difference is on those teams Gallant had to play his young players because he really didn't have anyone else.

I think he can develop young players, he just needs to be saved from his own tendencies to overrely on vets. If he has players like Vatrano, Copp, Strome etc. he is always going to play them over essentially anyone younger than them.

He showed here he wants to win over develop, and play vets over youngsters. Nothing will change that. He is not a good fit. And he also showed he was badly outcoached by all 3 coaches he faced in the playoffs.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I'm shocked there are STILL some posters who don't think he is coming back after this :facepalm:

It was reported that Drury and him were in contact all season. It was reported he is coming to NY early this year to prepare. And now the day after the season ends they announce this signing (no doubt it was done well before the game ended yesterday).

This isn't a sign and trade, no team is going to trust 100% that if they trade for him that he ends up deciding he doesn't like the location and goes back to the KHL. He is ready to go in NYC, he is prepared to redeem himself.

Every single Ranger fan should be TRILLED that one of our top forward prospects is ready, each player take their own journey to get where they are.
No, f*** that, and f*** this cancer. That :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er took off because he couldn't handle what would have been a 2 1/2 week stint in Hartford. That's not what a pro does. Has anyone given any thought to had Kravtsov not taken his puck and gone home maybe he could have been the difference-maker in the playoffs? I have no desire to have this guy around this team. I don't care if he is the second coming of Gretzky. I want him gone.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
No, f*** that, and f*** this cancer. That :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er took off because he couldn't handle what would have been a 2 1/2 week stint in Hartford. That's not what a pro does. Has anyone given any thought to had Kravtsov not taken his puck and gone home maybe he could have been the difference-maker in the playoffs? I have no desire to have this guy around this team. I don't care if he is the second coming of Gretzky. I want him gone.
Okay

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Well you're admitting you care more about your emotional grudge than your team winning if that's the case.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

He doesn't really understand how NHL roster management works, he probably felt insulted. And it really did not make sense why he had to go to Hartford in favor of McKegg or Hunt.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
He showed here he wants to win over develop, and play vets over youngsters. Nothing will change that. He is not a good fit. And he also showed he was badly outcoached by all 3 coaches he faced in the playoffs.
This post is certifiable crazy talk. A coach that showed he wants to win? HOW DARE HE WANT TO WIN!

Well you're admitting you care more about your emotional grudge than your team winning if that's the case.
I'm a Cancer. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I'm a Cancer. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

He doesn't really understand how NHL roster management works, he probably felt insulted. And it really did not make sense why he had to go to Hartford in favor of McKegg or Hunt.
TBH it doesn't have to make sense to him. Do what you're told and wait your turn. If his agents and handlers didn't explain that to him then they are just as culpable. It seems like Kravtsov has surrounded himself with yes men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad