Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov signs extension

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
This post is certifiable crazy talk. A coach that showed he wants to win? HOW DARE HE WANT TO WIN!

I'm a Cancer. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I'm a Cancer. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

TBH it doesn't have to make sense to him. Do what you're told and wait your turn. If his agents and handlers didn't explain that to him then they are just as culpable. It seems like Kravtsov has surrounded himself with yes men.
everybody wants to win, you missed my point or ignored it.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
TBH it doesn't have to make sense to him. Do what you're told and wait your turn. If his agents and handlers didn't explain that to him then they are just as culpable. It seems like Kravtsov has surrounded himself with yes men.
I think we are well past the do what you’re told and shut your mouth era of society. Go look up job postings at local businesses or r/antiwork, if you’re not educated as to how today’s youth views that mantra. You either adapt with the times or you get left behind by your failure to do so.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I think we are well past the do what you’re told and shut your mouth era of society. Go look up job postings at local businesses or r/antiwork, if you’re not educated as to how today’s youth views that mantra. You either adapt with the times or you get left behind by your failure to do so.

the youth is stupid and ignorant, just as they always have been.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Maybe, but professional sports leans their direction sadly.

So if the youth are stupid and ignorant, not realizing that fact and running your organization accordingly is stupid and ignorant. The Rangers can't live in the 1980s. Other organizations will gladly take their spoiled kids off their hands and prosper with a softer approach to talent management.

Ryan Mead saying Kravtsov has EVERY intention of playing with the NYR

Reactions: egelband

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The same people who believe that you need to put your head down shut up and suck it up were once the rebellious youth. It’s a cycle. When you’re in the business of managing men, some of whom have a different mindset than you, it behooves you to understand that mindset. I’m not saying to fully cater to it, but you have to understand it and work within it.

We live in a time where people know their value and they know when they’re being used. The youth these days do not want to be used as a commodity. They do not have blind loyalty to an employer who doesn’t value what they offer. They need to show these kids they are valued.

Scratching Kakko, demoting Kravtsov. These are not actions showing they value these guys.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
This is a good thing, without a contract the Rangers may have had to trade him for peanuts. Now they can give him a chance, or trade him where the trading team sees at least a year under control, plus his remaining RFA rights/years going forward.

I'm inclined to think he plays for the Rangers, games in the NHL would either increase his value to the Rangers roster, or his trade value, unless he completely stinks.

Reactions: bhamill

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
WakingUp.gif

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Oh please. Go walk into your boss's office after he tells you to do something and refuses to do it watch what happens to you. We are at a point in society where everyone has to cater to the self entittled. I don't subscribe to that and never will. Plus, we aren't talking about some minimum wage job. We are talking about a so-called "professional" athlete. It's not like Kravstov is some phenom. He will always be a cry-baby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er to me. I don't care what he does for the Rangers or in his NHL career. The dye has been cast. Letting this cancer around a successful team without earning it sends the wrong message to everyone that busted their asses to get the Rangers where they are today. He had his chance to be part of this seasons run and choose to leave because he wasn't getting his way.

Oh please. Go walk into your boss's office after he tells you to do something and refuses to do it watch what happens to you. We are at a point in society where everyone has to cater to the self entittled. I don't subscribe to that and never will. Plus, we aren't talking about some minimum wage job. We are talking about a so-called "professional" athlete. It's not like Kravstov is some phenom. He will always be a cry-baby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er to me. I don't care what he does for the Rangers or in his NHL career. The dye has been cast. Letting this cancer around a successful team without earning it sends the wrong message to everyone that busted their asses to get the Rangers where they are today. He had his chance to be part of this seasons run and choose to leave because he wasn't getting his way.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This doesn't happen overnight. This has nothing to do with Kakko. If anything, Kravtsov will be dealt at the draft and this was to convince teams he would come over.
My original thought. Oh, what could have been, had he not hissy fitted. Might have been "the ace in the hole", during these past PO's, but oh well.
Moving forward, really wish THIS wasn't the case, as he could really make this team even more talented, but seems 8they may use him to get that really good 2C. I guess so be it.
Have to give to get, and at least we won't be losing him for nothing. MAybe even get somewhat fair value and prob packaged with Nils/Jones AND Nemeth! Haha.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Looks like he'll get his opportunity for a redemption arc.

I'm not expecting much, but would be happy to be proven wrong.
What I find funny is that for 10 years we have had a guy like Kreider who has bled for this team, he has done everything asked of him, been the ultimate team guy, and has become the de facto captain of the Rangers and it's not enough. Posters on this board still carry a vile hatred for him. They have hoped for his failure and are praying that this season was a fluke. These are the same posters that will give Kravtsov a pass and a pat on the back as he walks out the door back to the KHL and make every excuse in the world for him and how he was wronged by the organization wanting him to prove himself, and these posters will even go as far to say that because he is young and self-entitled that this is his right to be angry and must be catered too. I stand corrected. This isn't funny. It's scary and sad.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
What I find funny is that for 10 years we have had a guy like Kreider who has bled for this team, he has done everything asked of him, been the ultimate team guy, and has become the de facto captain of the Rangers and it's not enough. Posters on this board still carry a vile hatred for him. They have hoped for his failure and are praying that this season was a fluke. These are the same posters that will give Kravtsov a pass and a pat on the back as he walks out the door back to the KHL and make every excuse in the world for him and how he was wronged by the organization wanting him to prove himself, and these posters will even go as far to say that because he is young and self-entitled that this is his right to be angry and must be catered too. I stand corrected. This isn't funny. It's scary and sad.
There is nothing to be scared about.

I was one of Kreider's harshest critics until this season, because he was a fantastic example of having a tremendous multitude of talents that added up to far less than it should have on the scoresheet. This season kind of proves what he is capable of. It's a shame it took him so many years to figure it out.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Not a single person here hates Kreider.

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Punisher

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia