Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov signs extension

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm shocked there are STILL some posters who don't think he is coming back after this :facepalm:

It was reported that Drury and him were in contact all season. It was reported he is coming to NY early this year to prepare. And now the day after the season ends they announce this signing (no doubt it was done well before the game ended yesterday).

This isn't a sign and trade, no team is going to trust 100% that if they trade for him that he ends up deciding he doesn't like the location and goes back to the KHL. He is ready to go in NYC, he is prepared to redeem himself.

Every single Ranger fan should be TRILLED that one of our top forward prospects is ready, each player take their own journey to get where they are.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Excellent news. And I think this may be another step to a kakko trade this summer along with what happened yesterday. Kravtsov is coming here for a top 9 role and nothing less. If kakko is here next year I fully expect kravtsov will outplay him and take a top 6 role while kakko will sulk again for not being given top 6 minutes.
When did he sulk?

Hes been a pro in how they have handled his pro career. When did the sulking happen?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm shocked there are STILL some posters who don't think he is coming back after this :facepalm:

It was reported that Drury and him were in contact all season. It was reported he is coming to NY early this year to prepare. And now the day after the season ends they announce this signing (no doubt it was done well before the game ended yesterday).

This isn't a sign and trade, no team is going to trust 100% that if they trade for him that he ends up deciding he doesn't like the location and goes back to the KHL. He is ready to go in NYC, he is prepared to redeem himself.

Every single Ranger fan should be TRILLED that one of our top forward prospects is ready, each player take their own journey to get where they are.

I'm happy that he's here to bolster the ranks for next season on a cheap deal.

I just suspect that he will very quickly turn into trade bait if his contract demands for the following year are high.

This isn't going to be a guy like Lemieux or DeAngelo that NYR can force to play for league minimum because he doesn't have arbitration rights.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Yeah definitely seems like things have been patched up. Good to hear. Could use him for sure.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Does this necessarily mean he is in NYRs plans for next year, or could this just be a mutually agreed upon means of bolstering the asset?
Haven't really kept up with the situation but seems like theres a lot of belief around here that he'll be back.

Reactions: mas0764

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Gallant rubbed me the wrong way last night.

Next year.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kreider
Panarin-Copp-Kakko
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov
Motte-4C-Blais
Honestly should keep the Kid line together. Panarin should finally find his place on the 1st line with Zbad and Kreids. We have the depth scoring from other players. But honestly if all the kids take another step over the offseason, and Kravtsov finally comes in with a good attitude and the team gives him a shot in the top 9 to start the season, there's a lot of different potential combos you can work with. Going with this can really be helpful to the cap situation as well.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kreider
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko
Blais-Copp-Kravtsov
Motte-Goodrow-FA RW/Hunt

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
20 93 24/x
13 72 74/77
10 x 77/74
21 x 75/64

Hint can be 13th forward

55 23
79 8
6 45

Braun can be the 7th d

Panarin's 5v5 play is dropping and his role is going to evolve at some point. All along I expected next year to be the season laf takes a big step and his play in the playoffs only makes me believe that moreso.

I was in the resign Rooney camp but I was wrong. That 4c slot needs to be improved and I would like to keep Goodrow on 4lw so that he can be moved around all over to plug in for injuries. The development the past two months of chytil and laf changes some things here going forward.

I've watched him for 3 years. He constantly has awful body language.
Body language analyzer -now do #20

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Excellent news. And I think this may be another step to a kakko trade this summer along with what happened yesterday. Kravtsov is coming here for a top 9 role and nothing less. If kakko is here next year I fully expect kravtsov will outplay him and take a top 6 role while kakko will sulk again for not being given top 6 minutes.

They will both make it.

Reactions: bhamill

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Gallant rubbed me the wrong way last night.

Next year.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kreider
Panarin-Copp-Kakko
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov
Motte-4C-Blais
I like this. Not sure Copp and Motte are affordable though. And even if so we will need the money more the following year.

Trouba is so gone.

I like kravtsov but be was a fool for getting emotional and leaving for Russia early. He could have contributed greatly this year.
He was, and the Rangers were also fools for not offering him an olive branch to keep him here.

Reactions: DuneGoon84

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The conflict between Kravtsov and the Rangers, as far as I understand it, wasn’t particularly ’heavy’. It was mostly misunderstandings, miscommunications, and overreaction. Calm headed pros should have no problem overcoming what happened. We’ll see, though.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I've watched him for 3 years. He constantly has awful body language.

I think you are right about poor body language, but I don’t read it as pouting or sulking.

I think he has terrible shattered confidence.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Don't know what to make of this in terms of staying or going but I feel like if they were trading him, it would be better to let the acquiring team negotiate a deal with him then lock him into a contract.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad