Confirmed with Link: Kravtsov signs extension

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Sounds great. Now I want to see Gallant actually do that.
quid-pro-quo-hannibal.gif

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Holy hyperbole, Batman.
Well, yeah, but stranger things have happened.
Krav just finished his D+4, Kuch hit the NHL in his D+4 and scored 18 points in 52 games.
D+5 Kuch scored 65 pts in 82 games.
I think expecting that production from Krav this year is unrealistic, but then again the poster said "It would be nice..." Hahahaha.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Well, yeah, but stranger things have happened.
Krav just finished his D+4, Kuch hit the NHL in his D+4 and scored 18 points in 52 games.
D+5 Kuch scored 65 pts in 82 games.
I think expecting that production from Krav this year is unrealistic, but then again the poster said "It would be nice..." Hahahaha.

Reactions: bhamill

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Wouldn’t classify this as a ringing endorsement
Huh? Those are pretty positive words, especially given the beef that's transpired.

I know youtube highlights are not a way to judge talent, if it was I could also post that sick Balej goal from years back...

But if Kravtsov can have this kind of swagger and confidence in the NHL he's going to be real good. I hope the coaching staff helps him grow his confidence in the NHL.

I know space and all that on larger rinks. But Fox breaks ankles on a regular basis.

BTW here's the Balej goal lol

Balej beat Karl Dykhuis. :rolleyes:

Reactions: EdJovanovski

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
He will now be adding the "Russian Slice" to his dessert menu.

Speaking of slice, you know how much EdJovo loves Kravstov? If Vitali posted a pic of himself in front of Patsy's declaring the best pizza ever, EdJovo would comment that Pizza Hut is better but then delete it and replace it with "I've been there 5 times, it's the best!"

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I guess but I’d be worried he will have a other hissy fit so just move him for the right deal
Odds are we are going to lose that deal. Can you see anyone offering better than a 2nd round pick or a prospect who likely has less potential? If we are going to trade him, it has to be for something that has real potential to make a difference. If Kravtsov completely flames out and we get a 3rd instead of a 2nd, it isn't the end of the world. But if we take a 2nd for him and then he explodes, we're going to look very foolish.

Keep in mind that Kravtsov is now waiver eligible, so there's no chance we are sending him down. He would never make it through waivers. He could still pitch a hissy fit over ice time or linemates, but as long as he's playing, he'll probably be okay.

I'm not happy with the way he has handled adversity the last couple years, and yeah, I'm still worried that it will go south again, but the talent is worth taking a chance on. At this point, I'd rather risk that he completely busts than risk trading away a good player for peanuts.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Honestly think Kravtsov fits perfectly in a 3RW, 2PP role with Chytil and a more physical winger like Blais, maybe.

Kakko to play with Panarin and a bigger center (Kirby Dach-like).

Laffy with Kreider and Zibby.

Then Goodrow - Motte - Reaves - Rydahl - Cuylle as fourth line candidates.

But again I maintain this, Drury needs to move Gauthier, Hajek, and Georgiev to recoup some picks and use Lundkvist to get that 2C.

The only FA I would look to retain is Motte and maybe Vatrano if you want to push Blais to the 4th line. Let Copp and Strome walk

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Speaking of slice, you know how much EdJovo loves Kravstov? If Vitali posted a pic of himself in front of Patsy's declaring the best pizza ever, EdJovo would comment that Pizza Hut is better but then delete it and replace it with "I've been there 5 times, it's the best!"
LOL - so awesome.

And so glad @EdJovanovski is such a good sport with all the ribbing he gets :)

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Unless this is deeply personal or Drury wants to make a statement about his no nonsense management style etc. I don't see a reasonable offer coming to the Rangers that is as valuable as the player Kravtsov could be, could become, and the salary he's making and the team control the team has.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Unless this is deeply personal or Drury wants to make a statement about his no nonsense management style etc. I don't see a reasonable offer coming to the Rangers that is as valuable as the player Kravtsov could be, could become, and the salary he's making and the team control the team has.
The best outcome is he sticks and performs well. Rangers either re-sign him or trade him for much higher value. Trading him now would be extremely foolish, considering we'd get a lackluster return, not to mention his contract is perfect for our cap crunch predicament.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The best outcome is he sticks and performs well. Rangers either re-sign him or trade him for much higher value. Trading him now would be extremely foolish, considering we'd get a lackluster return, not to mention his contract is perfect for our cap crunch predicament.
We would be insane to trade him if he plays well. Let alone it would make no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad