Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unless Benning is active in the free agent market (shudder at the thought), then there's going to be a lot of openings on the wing with the parent Vancouver Canucks next season.

There's a chance that all of Sutter, Pearson, Eriksson, Baertschi, Roussel and even Beagle are off the roster next season. And of course Hawryluk is only signed for one year. And unless Virtanen picks it up, he could join the exodus likely via a trade. They have only Podkolzin coming in.

So this is an important series of games in Utica for the likes of Lind and Lockwood. There's a chance that both could see third-fourth line duty for the Canucks next season. It's also an important season for Gadjovich, although he's a less likely candidate to crack the NHL next season.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Skating was still a noticeable issue in the Canucks' scrimmage. Can be overcome by strong guys like Leivo but unfortunately strength has been the other of Lind's lesser aspects. He has a chance but the other parts of his game really need to come together.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Lindy boy Linderson is the type of guy you let get some nice point totals in the AHL and then use him as a sweetener in a bigger trade.

we are gonna need to figure out some veteran cost controlled contracts to strengthen our bottom six

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Apparently he is being developed as a C now.

Weird tactic this team has of trying to make wingers C's lately, Jasek too.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

That would certainly make him a more versatile option. If it’s true that he’s become more of a sandpapery/agitating defensively responsible player, I could see him actually getting a shot in a 3rd/4th line role. It’s good to hear he’s expanding his skill set.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He was actually one of the oldest players taken in the first two rounds of that draft.
He was both physically and emotionally immature. Your comment assumes all people mature at the same rates.

Reactions: sting101

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm sure Lind and his agent are looking at the Canucks current forward depth with an eye to the future.....there's going to be a huge turnover in the next couple of seasons.

So unless Benning dives back into the UFA or trade market (shudder the thought) then there will be a lot of openings for younger players.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

It's fine by me. Lind played two games down the middle last January and his line was probably the best line in both games. In fact, it seemed to do him some good as I thought his defensive play picked up after that stint. Can always shift him back to the wing and it's good to have wingers who can fill in competently at centre. The added responsibility is probably good given that the overall quality of the AHL will be lessened by the NHL taxi squads.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I still have hopes he can develop in to a good bottom 6 player. Skating might only be average but he appears to have good skill and hockey IQ so may be able to compensate enough. I’m hoping they really develop him on the pk. We need replacement a for the likes of Sutter, Beagle and Roussel.

He’s had 2 seasons in the AHL and has progressed so hopefully he carries on that trend.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
They should probably give him a shot with Sutter being a UFA.

I don’t know if anything can translate as I never watch Utica games but like... why not?

Gaudette is done. Try it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
They should probably give him a shot with Sutter being a UFA.

I don’t know if anything can translate as I never watch Utica games but like... why not?

Gaudette is done. Try it.
Hopefully makes the team next year, slow development but still hope there with LBL :yo:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
It's fine by me. Lind played two games down the middle last January and his line was probably the best line in both games. In fact, it seemed to do him some good as I thought his defensive play picked up after that stint. Can always shift him back to the wing and it's good to have wingers who can fill in competently at centre. The added responsibility is probably good given that the overall quality of the AHL will be lessened by the NHL taxi squads.

yep. if this is solely a strategy to teach wingers how to play defensively, well done.

the canucks woefully lack defensive forwards. i think it their biggest weakness.

Reactions: The Iron Goalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad