Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We had him rated in the 1st round. Canucks probably see a Top 6 potential in him.

He’s a scoring forward or bust, IMO. Doesn’t really play a robust defensive / grinding game that a non-scoring player would need. His leap in production this year is promising, to be sure - hopefully he can build on it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He’s a scoring forward or bust, IMO. Doesn’t really play a robust defensive / grinding game that a non-scoring player would need. His leap in production this year is promising, to be sure - hopefully he can build on it.

he stood up for one of his teammates that took a nasty hit 2 games ago.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Disagree - he has quite a bit of agitator to his game and is incredibly skilled at getting punched in the face. And his defensive game and understanding has developed well. If he makes it, it will be as a bottom-6 checking winger.

If he's top-6 or bust, then he's already a bust. His skating and finishing skills do not project to a top-6 NHL role.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Doesnt that sound like Gaudette from what we’ve seen of him this season as the 3C?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Doesnt that sound like Gaudette from what we’ve seen of him this season as the 3C?

Yes - but Gaudette is also scoring at a 40-point pace in the NHL at the moment. His offensive game and energy are enough to compensate for the fact that he’s still learning the ropes defensively. Lind would need to do something similar, IMO.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes a flashy junior prospect needs to be gob-smacked by his his pro season to come to the realization on how hard it is to make the NHL, and how much work it takes to stay there.

Lind has had a nice bounce-back season, but there's more work to do yet. But another season in Utica, with the same level of improvement as this season, will have him receiving a few call-ups and knocking on the door as an NHL regular.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Disagree - he has quite a bit of agitator to his game and is incredibly skilled at getting punched in the face. And his defensive game and understanding has developed well. If he makes it, it will be as a bottom-6 checking winger.

If he's top-6 or bust, then he's already a bust. His skating and finishing skills do not project to a top-6 NHL role.
This is pretty spot on. I'm hoping he develops into sort of an annoying version of Josh Leivo at the moment.

Reactions: MS and shottasasa

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Hmm... I lean towards M. C's train of thought. Lind isn't the big and strong type. If he has skating and finishing issues I don't think he would make it as a bottom 6 winger. Bottom 6 wingers with skating issues who are more playmakers than goal scorers don't tend to last long in the NHL. In fact, it's hard to be a playmaking winger in the NHL period. With that said, plenty of bottom 6 players were offensive players in lower leagues who had to adapt their game. It would certainly be a good idea for Lind to develop versatility.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I agree with MS, and will add that Lind also lacks shimmy-shake moves; I've literally never seen him successfully deke an AHL defenceman on the rush. He basically relies on a quick curl move back towards the boards/blue line to buy himself some time to look for a passing option.

He is not a fancy skill player except for his passing which can be sublime at times. Primarily, he's a worker bee with good hockey sense, and I think that he might improve physically more in the coming years than the average 21-year-old does. Those lanky, raw youngsters often take a little longer to develop than the kids with compact builds.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Will he make the canucks eventually?

What sort of pick would you trade him for? 45th overall?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yes - but Gaudette is also scoring at a 40-point pace in the NHL at the moment. His offensive game and energy are enough to compensate for the fact that he’s still learning the ropes defensively. Lind would need to do something similar, IMO.

As it is I'm not holding my breath on Kole Lind being a useful contributor at the NHL level. As MS said, if he's supposed to be a point-producer he's already busted. I do think you are underselling the grit in his game, he's a bit of an agitator from what I've seen. So that's the good news.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This will be a good season to find out what Kole Lind actually has to offer. His first season was simply bad. Last season he would have appeared to many to have blossomed. #6 in points on a team with natural point producers in Boucher, Baertschi, Goldobin, Bailey, and Rafferty finishing ahead of him.

Kole had lots of help in recording his points. He was usually gifted the team's #1 center in Camper, who finished next behind Lind in scoring with 41 PTs compared to Lind's 44, but Camper played 48 games in comparison to Lind's 61. He was the only Comet to play all 61 of the Comets games played before the shutdown. He also found Bailey, Goldobin, or Boucher on the other wing and a few times Baertschi. He was also on 1 of the 2 the PP units every night. The Comets PP finished #2 in the AHL in PPGF.

He was set up for several open net tap-ins and he potted a few rebound goals where he was simply standing there when the shot was stopped and the puck just came to him for the easy feed. He only scored 14 goals. Maybe 2 of them were the result of his actual work. The other 30 points were assists. Did you read the names of who finished ahead of him in the scoring? If he sent a pass to any one of those guys the chance for a point was high. He either gave it to a big time goal scorer in Bailey or Boucher or a guy who was known to make great passes for goals in Baertschi, Goldobin, or Camper. On the PP you can add Rafferty to that list. He was the beneficiary of real good linemates and a real good PP. It was kind of like the Comets version of Crosby/Malkin/Letang. They turn the guys on the ice with them into point recorders. The same was true for Lind with Boucher/Bailey/ Goldy/Baertschi/Camper/Rafferty.

If there is an AHL season, Lind, as 3rd yr player with a good season behind him, will be expected to move up on the scoring list and be a key producer for the Comets. He will have to pick up the slack left by one of those top scorers. His only hope will be that Cull puts together a top line with the best center and the best LW, which for his sake he better hope is Bailey. Whenever he played on a line in his 2 seasons not containing 2 of those guys, he rarely recorded anything.

Not saying he didn't contribute because he did. However, he will have to do the same without those big producers and instead have to become one himself. IMO that will be a major challenge because I don't believe he is a gifted top line player, but I'm afraid he will be forced to try and become one. I hope there is a season because he will need it. He's not going to crack the Canucks roster. Benning didn't even name him to the expanded roster to finish this season. Remember he didn't invite Boucher either.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's easy to forget how young these players like Kole Lind really are. Hockey DB lists his birthday as Oct. 16, 1998, which he means won't turn 22 until the start of next season.

He's on track to play for the Canucks one day. And provided he improves on the defensive side of the puck, he's capable of being a third or fourth liner at the very least.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's easy to forget how young these players like Kole Lind really are. Hockey DB lists his birthday as Oct. 16, 1998, which he means won't turn 22 until the start of next season.

He's on track to play for the Canucks one day. And provided he improves on the defensive side of the puck, he's capable of being a third or fourth liner at the very least.

His age/date of birth matches up with many other AHL players who have had far greater success than Lind and the Comets had one of them. Shinkaruk also had the October birth date and played his first season rehabbing an injury that had had cost him a summer of conditioning and training. Yet Hunter put up 31 points with the majority of them coming in his last 30 games of the season. Lind not coming off any problems to start the season recorded 17 points and most of them came in the second half of the season as well.

In season 2 Shinkaruk was a selected to the AHL All-Star team. He led the team in both goals and points when traded in February/2016 after only playing 45 games with the Comets. This 45 GP total is more impressive when you consider he still finished as the Comets top goal scorer with 21 and his point total was still 2nd highest on the team. Kole Lind has recorded 19 Goals in 112 GP.

I don't see Kole in the same league with Hunter and we know how well that worked out for Shink. Shink was faster, had great moves and hands around the net, and as @ Blue and Green said about lind's lack, Hunter had some "shimmy shake moves."

One can only hope you are correct. MS and I will both be surprised, but not disappointed. As I always say, I wish and hope that every Comet becomes a Canuck, but also realize it's not going to happen for the majority of them. COVID and the cap crunch are the best allies of MacEwen and and now, Lind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointed EP40

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
His age/date of birth matches up with many other AHL players who have had far greater success than Lind and the Comets had one of them. Shinkaruk also had the October birth date and played his first season rehabbing an injury that had had cost him a summer of conditioning and training. Yet Hunter put up 31 points with the majority of them coming in his last 30 games of the season. Lind not coming off any problems to start the season recorded 17 points and most of them came in the second half of the season as well.

In season 2 Shinkaruk was a selected to the AHL All-Star team. He led the team in both goals and points when traded in February/2016 after only playing 45 games with the Comets. This 45 GP total is more impressive when you consider he still finished as the Comets top goal scorer with 21 and his point total was still 2nd highest on the team. Kole Lind has recorded 19 Goals in 112 GP.

I don't see Kole in the same league with Hunter and we know how well that worked out for Shink. Shink was faster, had great moves and hands around the net, and as @ Blue and Green said about lind's lack, Hunter had some "shimmy shake moves."

One can only hope you are correct. MS and I will both be surprised, but not disappointed. As I always say, I wish and hope that every Comet becomes a Canuck, but also realize it's not going to happen for the majority of them. COVID and the cap crunch are the best allies of MacEwen and and now, Lind.
i thought Lind missed most of December due to injury and started the year barely playing on a 4th line?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Lind rarely played on a line with Camper after the first two months of this season, and Camper also missed a couple of weeks due to injury in that span. Jasek was Lind's most frequent centre in the final three months and he also played with Stevens and Hamilton. Lind's points total got a boost from plenty of PP1 opportunity, not because he was playing with top-notch AHL centres.

He is not physically ready to play in the NHL; can't skate well enough or hold his own physically, and the jury is out on whether he ever will be able to do so. But he is a smart player with some attributes that often aren't recognized/acknowledged. I see the word "agitator" used frequently to describe him but really he is a disruptor. Agitation is merely getting under an opponent's skin; disruption is negatively effecting their activities which is what matters. Despite not being particularly fast or strong he is around the puck a lot and often comes away with the puck or knocks it loose for a teammate.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Lind rarely played on a line with Camper after the first two months of this season, and Camper also missed a couple of weeks due to injury in that span. Jasek was Lind's most frequent centre in the final three months and he also played with Stevens and Hamilton. Lind's points total got a boost from plenty of PP1 opportunity, not because he was playing with top-notch AHL centres.

He is not physically ready to play in the NHL; can't skate well enough or hold his own physically, and the jury is out on whether he ever will be able to do so. But he is a smart player with some attributes that often aren't recognized/acknowledged. I see the word "agitator" used frequently to describe him but really he is a disruptor. Agitation is merely getting under an opponent's skin; disruption is negatively effecting their activities which is what matters. Despite not being particularly fast or strong he is around the puck a lot and often comes away with the puck or knocks it loose for a teammate.

Before I begin here let me say I never stated Lind played with top-notch AHL centers. The Comets didn't have a single one of those. They had 1 real good AHL center,but he would not be grouped with with the AHLs "top-notch centers". He is a career #2. Lind did play 1 more game with him than any other center. The next was Jasek who centered him in 1 less game. Lind centered 4 games himself in addition to playing games with 6 other middle men, none of whom are top notch AHL centers. IN fact most on that list rate somewhere between poor or worse AHL centers.

In October, Lind played the 1st 6 games on this line Boucher/Camper/Lind
Game 1 - 2 assists on 2 goals by Boucher on regualr shifts.
Game 2 - O PTs, but Boucher scored a goal assisted by Camper and another on the PP
Game 3 - 1 assist on a Boucher goal on a regular shift.
Game 4 - 1 assist on a Camper goal on a regular shift.
Scored 1 PPG assisted by Goldobin and MacEwen
Game 5 - 1 assist on a Boucher goal on a regular shift.
Game 6 - scored a goal assisted by Boucher and Camper on a regular shift albeit an empty netter.
That's 6GP with 7 Pts
2G (1 ENG with Camper and Lind assisting/1 PPG)
5A on 4 goals by Boucher and 1 by Camper)
I believe if this line had been kept together for most of the season, Lind would have had a very good season points wise. Unlike others who float on a good line like Dahlen did, Kole would work, could pass the puck, and knew how to get to the net when things were happening away from him, and could hit the net when given the puck when he got to those spots. He was an opportunist, but he worked to for those chances. He also dug the corners. His defensive end play needs lots of work.

Game 7 - Gaudette appeared and Lind found himself on new line Baertschi/Gaudette/Lind.
O PTs.

Game 8 - Perron replaced Gaudette. New line is Baertschi/Perron/Lind.
Lind scored 1 Goal assisted by Rafferty and Perron on a regular shift.
Camper was injured in this game. It was 10/30.

Game 9 - New line of Bailey/Perron/Lind. The team is shut out by Providence.
O PTs.

Game 10 - New line. Bancks/Hamilton/Lind. Cull was not pleased with Lind's 2-way game so he paired him up with the checking line. The team is shut out by Rochester. O PTs.
Game 11 - New line. Bancks/Malone/Lind. O PTs.

Game 12 - New line of Goldobin/Graovac/Lind. The checking lessons are over.
1 assist on a PPG by Eliot.
Game 13 - Goldobin/Graovac/Lind. O PTs.

Graovac is recalled and gets injured in Vancouver. Will be off the Comets roster until 2/29/20.

Game 14 - New line of Goldobin/Hamilton/Lind. O PTs

Game 15 - New line of Bailey/Jasek/Lind
1 Assist on Boucher PPG and 1 assist on Bailey PPG
Game 16 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. O PTs

from game 7 - game 16 Lind has skate with 8 different line combinations and played with 2 of those lines twice each.

In the 10 games Lind scored 1 Goal on a shift with his line of Baertschi and Perron
Recorded 3 assists on PPGs by:
Eliot
Boucher
Bailey
1G/3 A/10 GP (3 of the points on the PP)
Boucher and Bailey accounting for 2 of the 4 PTs

Game 17 - Camper returns to the lineup. It's Nov 20.
New line of Bailey/Camper/Lind. O Pts.
Game 18 - Bailey/Camper/Lind. Camper has a 3 point night with 2 PP assists and an even strength goal of his own. Bailey and Lind O PTs.
Game 19 - Bailey/Camper/Lind. Lind 2 PTs.
Lind 1 assist on Gadjovich goal. Camper also an assist.
Lind 1 assist on Goldobin PPG.
3 games with this line and he gets 2 PTS:
1 Pt (Assist) with Camper on Gadjovich goal on a line change.
1Pt (Assist) on a PPG by Goldobin.

Game 20 - New line. Roussel/Camper/Lind. O PTs.
Game 21 - Roussel/Camper/Lind.
1 Goal assisted by Camper and Roussel on a regular shift.
2 GP with this line and he gets 1 PT, a Goal.

December 1 (3rd month of the season).
Game 22 - New line. Perron/Camper/ Lind
O PTs.

Game 23 - Bailey/Camper Lind put back together.
1 Assist on Bailey goal on a regular shift.
Game 24 - Bailey/Camper/Lind
O PTs

Game 25 - Camper goes with Goldobin/Camper/MacEwen on 12/9.
New line. Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 3 PTs.
2 goals/1 assist. All on the PP.
Lind from Boucher and Baertschi
Lind from Baertschi and Rafferty
Bailey from Lind and Baertschi
Game 26 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 2 PTs
1 assist on goal by Jasek. Bailey also assisted on a regular shift.
1 PPG from Rafferety and Baertschi.
Game 27 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind
O PTs.
3 game run with this line 5 PTS
2 PPG from Boucher and Baertschi/Baertschi and Rafferty
1 PPG from Rafferty and Baertschi
1 Assist on Bailey PPG also assited by Baertschi
1 Assist on a regular shift goal by Jasek also assisted by Bailey.

Game 28 - reunited with Camper again on 12/14.
Bailey/Camper/Lind.
O PTs.

Game 29 - Bailey /Jasek/Lind back together. 2PTs.
1 PPG from Baertschi and Rafferty.
1 PP assist on Boucher goal also assisted by Rafferty.
Game 30 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 1 PT.
1 Goal assisted by Rafferty at even strength.
Game 31 - Bailey/Jasek/Bailey.
O PTs.
Game 32 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 1 PT
1 Assist on Jasek Goal also assisted by Bailey on a regular shift.

Game 33 - New Line. Goldobin/Jasek/Lind. 1 PT.
1 Goal from Juolevi and Jasek on a regular shift.
Game 34 - Goldobin/Jasek/Lind.
O PTs.
Game 35 - Goldobin/Jasek/Lind.
O PTs.
3 games with this line 1PT, Goal on a regular shift.

Game 36 - Back with Camper (1/4/20)
Goldobin/Camper/Lind. 1PT.
1 Assist on Goal by Boucher on a line change.

Game 37 - Camper is a Vet Scratch. Short a center Lind moves into the middle.
New Line. Bailey/Lind/Goldobin. 1 PT
1 Assist on Bailey goal with Rafferty also assisting on a regular shift.
Goldobin would score 2 regular shift goals but Bailey and Lind did not assist on either of them.

Kole Lind scored 14 goals on the season.
Game 38 Bailey/Lind/Goldobin. 2 PTs.
1 Assist on Bailey's 2nd goal with Rafferty also assisting on a regular shift.
1 Assist on Bailey's 3rd goal with Goldobin also assisting on a regular shift.
Bailey had the hat trick with Rafferty assisting on his 1st goal, a PPG.

Game 39 - Camper is back and the line with Bailey is reunited. 1/11/20
Bailey/Camper/Lind. O PTS.
Team is shut out by Belleville. Team stinks up the ice in Utica.
That lasted 1 game.

Game 4o - Bailey/Jasek/Lind back together. 1 PT.
1 Assist on Bailey's 2nd goal, a PPG, with Rafferty also assisting.
Bailey had a hat trick but the 1st was a PPG from Rafferty and Goldobin and the 2nd was a regular shift goal assisted by Brisebois.
Jasek also scored at even strength, but assisted by Boucher and Rafferty. That was 4 goals by the linemates, but Lind was the only one to pick up a point other than the goal scorer. Go figure!
Game 41 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 3 PTs
1 Goal from Bailey
1 Assist on Bailey's 1st goal
1 Assist on Bailey's 3rd Goal, an ENG.
Bailey another hat trick
Game 42 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 2 PTs
1 Goal, a PPG, l assisted by Juolevi and Goldobin.
1 Assist on Jasek goal also assisted by Bailey on a regular shift.
Game 43 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind.
O PTs.
Game 44 - Bailey/Jasek/Lind. 1 PT.
1 Assist on Jasek goal with Bailey also assisting on a regular shift.

Game 45 - New line. Bailey/Stevens/Lind
O PTs.

Game 46 - New line. Gadjovich/Perron/Lind.
O PTs.

Game 47 -Camper back with Lind.
Perron/Camper/Lind. 1 PT.
1 Assist on Goldobin PPG with Rafferty also assisting.
Game 48 - Perron/Camper/Lind
O PTs. Camper did pick up a PP point.

Game 49 - New line. Pope/Stevens/ Lind.
O PTs.

Game 50 - New line. Goldobin/Stevens/Lind.
O PTs.

Game 51 - New line. Goldobin/Jasek/Lind. 1 PT.
1 Assist on Baertschi PPG with Boucher also assisting.

Game 52 - Lind back in the middle of another new line.
Goldobin/Lind/Boucher.
O PTs. Goldobon and Boucher both scored even strength goals but nothing from Lind.

Game 53 - New line. Goldobin/Jasek/ Lind.
O PTs.

Game 54 - New line. Bailey/Stevens/Lind. 1PT
1 Goal from Stevens and Bailey.
Bailey scored a PPG and an even strength goal assisted only by Jasek.
Game 55 - Bailey/Stevens/Lind.
O PTs.

Game 56 - New line. Bailey/Hamilton/Lind. 2 PTs.
1 Assist on Hamilton goal on a regular shift.
1 Assist on Bailey goal with Hamilton also assisting on a regular shift.
***Boucher recorded 5 points (3 goals and 2 assists) in this game to set a new single season Comets record for points breaking his own record from the previous season.
The Comets scored 7 goals and all were at even strength.
Game 57 - Bailey/Hamilton Lind.
O PTs.
Game 58 - Bailey/Hamilton/Lind.
O PTs.
Game 59 - Bailey/Hamilton/Lind.
O PTs.
Game 60 - Bailey /Hamilton/Lind. 1 PT. and it had 0 to do with his line.
1 Goal, the OT GWG assisted by Rafferty. This one had to be one of the easiest goals he's ever scored. Rafferty made a move crossing the blueline that sent him in nearly alone. He beat the lone man back and then drew the goalie to him and then slipped it tape to tape to Lind for the easy open net bang in winner.
Game 61 - Bailey/Hamilton/Lind
O PTs.

6 GP by this line and Lind put up 3 PTs. 1 goal and 2 assists. The 2 assists came in a 7 goal blow out and the goal was explained above. This line as anemic and proved why Hamilton should never center a line above the 4th checking line. Season ends for the Comets.

Lind recorded 44 points on 14 goals and 30 Assists.
He scored 6 of his 14 goals on the PP.
1 - Assists by MacEwen/Goldobin
2 - Assists by Baertschi/Boucher
3 - Assists by Baertschi/Rafferty
4 - Assists by Baertschi/Rafferty
5 - Assists by Baertschi/Rafferty
6 - Assists by Juolevi/Goldobin
Only MacEwen and Juolevi with one assist each were not in the Top 5 team scorers.

The other 8 even strength goals were :
1 - assisted by Boucher and Camper
2 - assisted by Rafferty and Perron
3 - assisted by Camper and Roussel
4 - assisted by Rafferty
5 - assisted by Juolevi and Jasek
6 - assisted by Bailey
7 - assisted by Stevens and Bailey
8 - OT GWG assisted by Rafferty
4 of these assists came from D-men and 3 belonged to Rafferty.
2 came from Bailey, his most common opposite wing.
1 came from the center on that line, Jasek and he had 1. Considering how many games Lind played with Jasek and Bailey to only have Bailey contribute to 2 goals and Jasek 1 is not a hi-lite reel story. This is especially true when Roussel chipped in 1 with only 2 GP and Stevens contributed to 1 in only 5 GP. The thing we need to consider is that Lind's assists were mostly to the team's top scoring players.
You can see this fact in the next 2 lists.

He put up 10 of his assists on the PP.
1 - Goal by Eliot / Lind lone Assist
2 - Goal by Boucher / Lind lone Assist
3 - Goal by Bailey / Goldobin also assisted
4 - Goal by Goldobin / Camper also assisted
5 - Goal by Bailey / Baertschi also assisted
6 - Goal by Boucher / Rafferty also assisted
7 - Goal by Bailey/ Baertschi also assisted
8 - Goal by Bailey / Rafferty also assisted
9 - goal by Goldobin / Rafferty also assisted
10 - Goal by Baertschi / Boucher also assisted
Only Eliot was the odd man on this list of goal scorers and none of those who also picked up assists on these goals were not members of the elite point recorders.

The other 20 were on goals by and also assisted by:
1 - Boucher - 2nd assist by Camper
2 - Boucher - 2nd assist by Jasek
3 - Boucher - Lind lone assist
4 - Camper - Lind lone assist
5 - Boucher - 2nd assist Blujus
6 - Gadjovich - 2nd assist Camper
7 - Baertschi - 2nd assist Boucher
8 - Bailey - 2nd assist Camper
9 - Jasek - 2nd assist Bailey
10 - Jasek - 2nd assist Bailey
11 - Boucher - Lind lone assist
12 - Bailey - 2nd assist Rafferty
13 - Bailey - 2nd assist Goldobin
14 - Bailey - 2nd assist Goldobin
15 - Bailey - Lind lone assist
16 - Bailey -Lind lone assist
17 - Jasek - 2nd assist Bailey
18 - Jasek - 2nd assist Bailey
19 - Hamilton - Lind lone assist
20 - Bailey - 2nd assist Hamilton
There's 20 goals here and only Gadjovich and Hamilton were outliers. Jasek had 4 of the 20 but he was the center with Bailey and Lind and they were instrumental in setting up those 4 goals as both assisted on all 4 of them.
The most interseting stat here to my mind is that Boucher only played 6 games on Kole's line and was set up by Kole 4 times and a 5th on a line change. Bailey played 32 games with Kole and only managed 7. It's a testimony to how Boucher finds the open spots and finishes while Bailey spends way too much time trying to go it alone.

Lind lined up with 8 different centers and took to the middle himself for a bit.
1 - Camper was his #1 with 19 games.
2 - Jasek was right behind him at #2 with 18 games.
3 - Hamilton 8
4 - Stevens 5
5 - Perrron 3
6 - Graovac 2
7 - Gaudette 1
8 - Malone 1
For those who are adding these up you will be 4 short. That's because Lind himself played 4 games at center. His production with Camper was 13 even strength points. He only recorded 8 even strength points with Jasek. When you add in his 16 PP points, you get 37 of his 44 points. So, 7 came with his other lines in 24 GP.

He had 9 different LWs with Bailey's 32 games topping the list.
2 - Goldobin - 11
3 - Boucher - 6
4 - Perron - 3
5 - Baertschi -2
6 - Bancks - 2
7 - Roussel - 2
8 - Gadjovich - 1
9 - Pope - 1

This was an in depth look at Kole Lind's 2019-20 abbreviated season. The facts don't lie here. His production came from the time he spent on the ice with the Comets top 5 point producers and the center who finished 3 points behind Kole's #6 finish. Camper played 13 fewer games than Kole.

If the Comets have a season in 2021-21, Kole will not have the array of top notch goal scorers and play making wings that they had this past season. In fact the only one of the top 5 from whom he benefited most that might be here is Bailey. No Boucher, Baertschi, Goldobin, or Rafferty to help pad his point totals. He will be counted upon as becoming one of the players who has to grow quickly and move to the top of this year's crop. I am not sure he can do that. If he can't play this season, I am afraid his chances fall off a cliff. This season is really make or break for his NHL chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad