Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Kole Lind doesn’t do what Kole Lind does because Kole Lind isn’t.......Kole Lind does because Kole Lind is!!!

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Then he must have crushed it at the gym since FEB, because when the Rockets were here to play the Royals, he was tiny.
A friend of mine who follows the WHL and attended the scrimmage said the same thing(Lind looking like he bulked up a bit).

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
Great to see Lind is still growing. When they drafted him, I thought he had that same pudgy boyish face that Jamie Benn and Logan Couture had at the same age. Similar height, weight and build too. I don't think Lind filling out to 200+ lbs is out of the question.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
A friend of mine who follows the WHL and attended the scrimmage said the same thing(Lind looking like he bulked up a bit).
And by the sounds of reports from the scrimmage thing he still has his speed so he bulked up and didnt miss a step!

Lindy boy Linderson for the win!

Man I love this prospect :yo:

Reactions: Nucker101

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

That’s great. He really needed to.

I’m just sceptical that he was able to get from the size I saw him at to “huge” in four and a half months.

It depends on how loosely you use the term “huge” I guess—maybe I’m splitting hairs.

I’d read he was small/slight, but I was surprised by how small.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I’m just sceptical that he was able to get from the size I saw him at to “huge” in four and a half months.

It depends on how loosely you use the term “huge” I guess—maybe I’m splitting hairs.

Yeah, I don’t think he said Lind was “huge”, that seems like a stretch. Like the “Hughes is 6 feet tall” claims lol

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We all tend to forget that when the Canucks draft these kids, some of them have barely turned 18. I know it's early, but both Lind and Gadjovich have the potential to be beasts on the Canuck forward line.

But even players like Hughes, Madden, Woo and Utunen from this year's draft may not be taller but will still be a lot bigger and stronger by the time they're 21.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

It's very weird to read how big and fast he was this week because he was neither of those things like 2 months ago.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
It's very weird to read how big and fast he was this week because he was neither of those things like 2 months ago.
Maybe hes been working on muscle and endurance. Its a positive direction cause there were some concern from his handful of AHL games that he was completely behind the pro game. Still may be and i dont think anyone is suggesting NHL to start the year but maybe a year or even two in the AHL to get up to speed to the challenges of the PRO game. Anyways very happy to hear just the observations of his FOCUSING on his weaknesses

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I haven’t seen any credible reports about him looking faster and he didn’t look fast during the scrimmage

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Then he must have crushed it at the gym since FEB, because when the Rockets were here to play the Royals, he was tiny.

Lind looked huge standing beside Hughes and Madden at the scrimmage.

Lind was lanky moving up the ranks but measured 6'1" 185lbs at the draft combine. He's also turning 20 in October. If he was in college, he's old enough to be entering his 3rd year. Highly doubt he was tiny in February of this year.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
With Gaudette, Lind, Dahlen, Palmu and Joulevi the Comets fans must be excited about next season.

Every time I read these Comets lists, they change. The level of excitement will be created by who is actually here and how they play. The rest is just wishful energy.

I do agree there will be some top prospects here at the same time. Something we have only seen in the opponent's lineup til now. Exactly who remains to be seen. Benning has had a habit of showcasing his new toys ready or not. The current Canucks' roster will make that harder for him to do this season, but he's not done toying around with that roster yet.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Every time I read these Comets lists, they change. The level of excitement will be created by who is actually here and how they play. The rest is just wishful energy.

I do agree there will be some top prospects here at the same time. Something we have only seen in the opponent's lineup til now. Exactly who remains to be seen. Benning has had a habit of showcasing his new toys ready or not. The current Canucks' roster will make that harder for him to do this season, but he's not done toying around with that roster yet.
It seems like every year we hear "the Comets will be fun to follow this year with these prospects"

But I shake my head every year when I read those comments. But this is the first year where I believe it'll be true, even if Benning trades away a 1 or 2 roster players between now and opening night.

The numbers, especially up front basically force the Canucks to send down some solid players/prospects. Personally, this upcoming season will be the most interested I'll be in the Comets since the Baertschi/Markstrom Calder Cup run.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Gaudette will make the main club, however Gadjovich will on the comets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->