Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I remember really liking Anderson-Dolan. I thought his interviews were off the charts. Apart from his play on the ice, his character was just miles ahead of everyone else.

His interview was off the charts? First of all, did you even see the interview? Secondly, I hire people all the time, and before this job all I did was interview people for jobs as an HR generalist. What do you think you can glean from a short sit down with someone?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So more than half the season done, and Lind still waiting for his first AHL goal. And Gadjovich is stuck on 'one'. Ouch! Now that's the definition of a couple of high-regarded prospects at the start of the season, basically hitting the wall.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
So more than half the season done, and Lind still waiting for his first AHL goal. And Gadjovich is stuck on 'one'. Ouch! Now that's the definition of a couple of high-regarded prospects at the start of the season, basically hitting the wall.

Yeah. I was far from having Lind penciled in the NHL, but I am really disappointed he fell right off a cliff this year. Couple that with Palmu and Dahlen having rather disappointing transitions to the AHL and it has really been a crap year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Dahlen has 1 legit ES goal in 37 games. Stats say he has 3 but one was on an extended 6-on-5 with a delayed penalty and another in an extended 6-on-5 with the goalie pulled late.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Yeah. I was far from having Lind penciled in the NHL, but I am really disappointed he fell right off a cliff this year. Couple that with Palmu and Dahlen having rather disappointing transitions to the AHL and it has really been a crap year.

As I've said before, the flop of a handful our top prospects in Utica is a horrible storyline for this season and significantly pushes back our rebuild.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
As I've said before, the flop of a handful our top prospects in Utica is a horrible storyline for this season and significantly pushes back our rebuild.

By far the worst part of the season IMO. We needed at least two of Lind, Gadjovich, Dahlen, Palmu and Juolevi to excel and push for spots next season. I doubt any of them will at this rate.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree with a lot of the disappointment about the Utica prospects. But I think Dahlen has been fine considering it’s his first year in North America. I expect we will see an improvement in him for the second half as he figures things out.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
By far the worst part of the season IMO. We needed at least two of Lind, Gadjovich, Dahlen, Palmu and Juolevi to excel and push for spots next season. I doubt any of them will at this rate.
And it’s okay. The ELC is three years for a reason, let them develop for another season down in the minor.

Gaudette has been knocking on wood.
I expect Dahlen to get some call ups next season, as for Lind, I’ve always expected him to finish his ELC in the AHL

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I agree with a lot of the disappointment about the Utica prospects. But I think Dahlen has been fine considering it’s his first year in North America. I expect we will see an improvement in him for the second half as he figures things out.

I'm not so sure after reading some of the post-game analysis from BG and other Utica posters. Apparently Dahlen is fine when there's a pp and more open ice.

But five-on-five he seems just float through shifts. Doesn't skate well enough to gain much separation and his battle level for loose pucks needs to dramatically improve. Of course those were some of the same things people were saying about Baertschi early in his career. Another skill forward who had to learn to up his battle level to stay in the lineup.

Dahlen now up to nine goals on the season, so I suppose he could get hot in the second half. But you'd have to say that based on the first 40 games or so in Utica, he's a long way from the NHL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Dahlen has been an even bigger disappointment to me than Lind.

He’s good on the PP. Has soft hands and can take and receive a pass.

But at ES, he just flat-out sucks. Small, slow, completely on the perimeter. In the last 20 games he’s played, there was exactly 1 where I would say he wasn’t a complete passenger (weirdly, while playing on the 4th line in his first game back from injury).

Never hustles. Never seems to want the puck on his stick or to make plays. Never takes the puck to hard areas of the ice. No compete level. No desire.

1 actual ES goal/5 actual ES points in 37 games (2 goals came in extended 6-on-5 situations). Just a total ghost.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Lind, Gadjovich, and especially palmu and Jasek were always long shots to me but I expected much more from Dahlen. He's by far the biggest disappointment. Maybe if he was in the ahl last year he'd be further ahead this year but regardless, I expected him to at least get a cup of coffee this season and he's nowhere near that.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Dahlen really is a mystery to me.

Jasek is outscoring him PPG. He looked really promising in Penticton and was by all accounts carrying his team last year in Timra.

Ray Ferraro i remember was even saying at one point that some scouts he knows think he has 1st line potential? i thought that was a little outrageous but possible if him and Petey gelled.

Strange that he's a ghost in the A

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Juolevi was showing some clue of defensive awareness the last couple of games he played. His offensive game was very good from the get go. There is still some hope for him, at least imo. A gaffe prone puck mover in the Jyrki Lumme mold seems a realistic level of player for Juolevi to attain I think.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dahlen really is a mystery to me.

Jasek is outscoring him PPG. He looked really promising in Penticton and was by all accounts carrying his team last year in Timra.

Ray Ferraro i remember was even saying at one point that some scouts he knows think he has 1st line potential? i thought that was a little outrageous but possible if him and Petey gelled.

Strange that he's a ghost in the A

I expected him to either be in the roster or destroying the AHL based on his pedigree and highlights I’d seen going in.

I really can’t stress enough how bad he’s been. I feel like a broken record saying how soft and completely invisible he is after every single game .... but that’s really how it is.

He can pass the puck well standing still on the PP with no fear of being hit or occasionally drift into a seam for a decent shot. But that’s it.

Reactions: timw33

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Dahlen was showing early signs of getting a little frisky for a brief moment a while back but the Comet Hunter Erik Tangradi drilled him into the corner boards when he dared go after a loose puck and that seemed to disabuse him completely of any notion he might have been harboring to compete on the ice.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dahlen was showing early signs of getting a little frisky for a brief moment a while back but the Comet Hunter Erik Tangradi drilled him into the corner boards when he dared go after a loose puck and that seemed to disabuse him completely of any notion he might have been harboring to compete on the ice.

There was a play last night where he was chasing a puck from a similar angle and he flat-out quit and threw on the brakes to concede possession. Not encouraging.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Juolevi was showing some clue of defensive awareness the last couple of games he played. His offensive game was very good from the get go. There is still some hope for him, at least imo. A gaffe prone puck mover in the Jyrki Lumme mold seems a realistic level of player for Juolevi to attain I think.

I would be thrilled, and I'm confident that everyone in the organization would be, if Juolevi were to become roughly equivalent to Lumme.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I would be thrilled, and I'm confident that everyone in the organization would be, if Juolevi were to become roughly equivalent to Lumme.
If you remember Lumme at all though, he used to get the yips with the puck on his stick from time to time, wasn't great defensively, wasn't at all physical, and didn't have a great shot either.

I see all of that in Juolevi and more :)

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
If you remember Lumme at all though, he used to get the yips with the puck on his stick from time to time, wasn't great defensively, wasn't at all physical, and didn't have a great shot either.

I see all of that in Juolevi and more :)

Well, we've got different memories of the player. I don't think he was at all bad defensively.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Well, we've got different memories of the player. I don't think he was at all bad defensively.
People did like Lumme. If Juolevi does make it I don't think he'll ever be very popular because he won't live up to his lofty draft status. He's more a like a second round prospect quality wise imo.

*I always suspected Lumme's name wax mispronounced here. Guess we'll never know :)

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
And it’s okay. The ELC is three years for a reason, let them develop for another season down in the minor.

Gaudette has been knocking on wood.
I expect Dahlen to get some call ups next season, as for Lind, I’ve always expected him to finish his ELC in the AHL

It's going to be difficult to get kids looks at the NHL level if the GM continues to load his roster completely full with guys who have to be waived to go down. The only chance for the kids then becomes an injury. He has to take a chance on a couple of these guys for the roster and then you can rotate through them if they struggle. Not being able to demote a soul opens your roster to lost waiver players or kids blocked in the minors. He's lost 2 to waivers this season already and if Petey comes back with a full roster he has to risk another one as Gaudette was his only safe demotion.

The only option is a trade where he lost one anyways. Have to make sure labeled trades clear waivers before the trade if you intend to send them down.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
People did like Lumme. If Juolevi does make it I don't think he'll ever be very popular because he won't live up to his lofty draft status. He's more a like a second round prospect quality wise imo.

*I always suspected Lumme's name wax mispronounced here. Guess we'll never know :)

Check out Lumme's stats. If Juolevi ends up with just under 500 points in just under 1,000 games for his NHL career, I think most would consider that a decent result even considering where he was taken in the draft.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lumme was a trainwreck until he was in his mid to late twenties

Well, yes.

But we didn’t acquire him until he was 24. He broke out as a top-pairing two-way guy in 1991-92 in his 25 y/o season.

So that statement is technically correct and he did have defensive issues in Montreal and early in his tenure here ... but he broke out pretty early during his time here and was a good defensive player for most of it. Despite the occasional high-risk play and love of cutting directly in front of his own goalie when carrying the puck up ice.

Reactions: sting101

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lumme was a trainwreck until he was in his mid to late twenties

That's not how I recall it. But then, he turned 24 in his first full season with the Canucks, so it's not like we got much of a chance to see him before his mid twenties.

He had 32 points that first year, and for the rest of his time with the Canucks he was very consistent, producing at about a .5 points per game clip. Our memories of how good he was defensively can't be easily verified with stats, but I don't recall his coaches having many complaints about his play, nor did I as a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad