Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Especially since I am assuming Jimbo had the reaction he did because they had Lind much higher than where they took him.

Then again last year Lind was looking like a great pick so there you go...

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
In junior, his skating didnt stand out as poor.
I would have said that he was an "above average skater". However, in pro hockey, if you don't vastly improve your skating, then being an above average skater in junior translates to below average skater in the PRO's.

I think that Lind was pretty good or "above avg" in a lot of areas but he didn't really excel in ONE area...players like this might be ones to avoid on draft day. Second thing that stands out to me is how important hockey IQ is. How well players can process the game is so important. Tough part is that this is probably one of the hardest qualities to quantify/gauge at the junior level since players can get by on pure physical skills alone.

Lets hope Lind makes progress. A full year in the AHL (hopefully with some decent linemates) will do him good. Next year will be a BIG year for him. His ceiling will be pretty apparent probably by the second half of next year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This is important to note. There's no way Jimbo would've said that if they had Lind ranked around 30.

Exactly. Plus Lind was a reasonable pick. He was ranked either in the late first round or early second. It's likely that the Canucks really liked him and had him closer to mid-first (I don't think McKenzie had him being taken in the first round). Looking back, it seems there were some differences in the scouting reports as to his skating ability. It's not too different from the comments Benning made in the Boeser draft (McKenzie had him going 26th). In the Horvat draft the Canucks had their sights set on Horvat and must have been confident he would be available at 9, since they reportedly turned down Edmonton's offer.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
The whole “why isn’t anyone picking Lind” thing is pretty funny now considering how Hague Comtois Heponiemi Robertson Luukkonen all went right after.
Yeah hopefully for our sake Lind knows what he needs to work on and can do it this offseason, in the meantime he seems to be learning SLOWLY right now but is still unacceptable. I think theres potential there but has a lot to work on with his skating if he ever wants to make it LET ALONE justify going over the guys you mentioned

It really wasnt a bad pick at the time, maybe with hinesite, and of course the vultures were just dying for Lind to fail so they could use Bennings quote against him to make him look bad

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Both Lind and Dahlen need to improve in the skating department. Unless they do, it's unlikely they will ever make much of an impact on the NHL. And the ship may have already sailed with Gadjovich. He has to make a massive improvement.

Lol!. Posters were so pumped about all three guys when they were drafted/acquired....Now a year later, not so much.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Dillon Dube definitely drove the play more than Lind did in Kelowna too. Very important for the scouts to figure out who are the drivers and who are the passengers.

Is that true? i mean does leading the team in games played, goals, assists, points, +/- , Total points in playoffs in his last year in Kelowna make him a passenger? :huh: Damn he's an elite passenger if anything. Sucks he's doing terrible in the AHL though I hope he gets it together

Reactions: lawrence

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Without trying to be dramatic, our prospects floundering in Utica this year has been pretty devastating for the outlook of this team. We need a lot more than just EP, Brock, and Bo in order to become a legitimate threat.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Without trying to be dramatic, our prospects floundering in Utica this year has been pretty devastating for the outlook of this team. We need a lot more than just EP, Brock, and Bo in order to become a legitimate threat.

I've said this a few times in the past year, for this team to have any legitimate chance of becoming even a playoff thread, we need literally every single one of our top prospects to pan out in the upper echelon of their potentials.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Is that true? i mean does leading the team in games played, goals, assists, points, +/- , Total points in playoffs in his last year in Kelowna make him a passenger? :huh: Damn he's an elite passenger if anything. Sucks he's doing terrible in the AHL though I hope he gets it together

There is always a difference between a driver and a supportive type player.

Boeser will consistently out score Horvat throughout his career. But Horvat will drive the play more.

Reactions: timw33

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There is always a difference between a driver and a supportive type player.

Boeser will consistently out score Horvat throughout his career. But Horvat will drive the play more.

Ah thanks for that example, I'm learning something new everyday.

Never completely understood the term "Driving the play" it seemed so subjective :confused:

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
The whole “why isn’t anyone picking Lind” thing is pretty funny now considering how Hague Comtois Heponiemi Robertson Luukkonen all went right after.

I remember really liking Anderson-Dolan. I thought his interviews were off the charts. Apart from his play on the ice, his character was just miles ahead of everyone else.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
I remember really liking Anderson-Dolan. I thought his interviews were off the charts. Apart from his play on the ice, his character was just miles ahead of everyone else.
Ya he was the guy I wanted at 33, has been good since being drafted and would take him over Lind but I feel thats my preference while 5 guys I listed have been by far better

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Whatever sounds worse some Canucks fans like that more. Anytime some users here have a chance at saying Jb had a chance at this guy instead of this guy oh he screwed up is something they truly enjoy.

Reactions: Metal Tattooist 71

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I wonder, are there any WHLers this year that you guys think Benning might be sweet on we should know about? You know, good small town prairie boys?

Perhaps in the second round range :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad