Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Lind appears to be figuring out the AHL. Hopefully they staple him to a competent centre and just give him reps so he can learn and adjust even more

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Can someone explain this?
You can just go back to junior as an OA?

His rights are held by Kelowna so another WHL team would still have to acquire his rights, but yes he could return to the WHL if a team had an overage spot available.

Reactions: Breakers

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Apparently Lind has been playing exceptionally well the past 4-5 games. Hopefully this continues.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
If he spends the year improving his physical conditioning and skating his career could be salvaged.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Apparently Lind has been playing exceptionally well the past 4-5 games. Hopefully this continues.

He has definitely not been playing ‘exceptionally well’.

He’s been better, his puck management has been improved, and he’s making the odd good play here and there. He’s still small and slow. Since Christmas he’s moved the needle from ‘consistently worst player on the ice’ to ‘adequate bottom-6 type’.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Hey! A prospect developing as he's getting used to a pro league, imagine that! I'll take ANY positive news coming from our second round picks, we simply cannot screw those picks up. Also feed whatever he's getting to Gadjovich please. Organization-wise, we have a dire-r(sp?) need for a physical presence all over the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ErrantShepherd

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just about every rookie pro I was looking forward to following in Utica has basically busted hard. Gaudette really hasn't spent enough time at the AHL level to gauge.

About the only guy who's exceeded expectations would be Zack MacEwan as a second-year pro. And Jasek seems to be an "in-and-outer"

Pretty disappointing so far.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just about every rookie pro I was looking forward to following in Utica has basically busted hard. Gaudette really hasn't spent enough time at the AHL level to gauge.

About the only guy who's exceeded expectations would be Zack MacEwan as a second-year pro. And Jasek seems to be an "in-and-outer"

Pretty disappointing so far.
Cool it. Lindy boy has been progressing lately but still has a lotta things to work on. Would be nice if was ready for next season with the Canucks but cleary that will NOT happen. Needs to keep plugging away, learning, and improving his game and he has a good chance. No need to give up now Jack

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Watching the game tonight shows you how slow Lind really is. Doesn't seem to have the best edge work either. I really want him to pan out but those are two tough hurdles to overcome

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Watching the game tonight shows you how slow Lind really is. Doesn't seem to have the best edge work either. I really want him to pan out but those are two tough hurdles to overcome
Just gotta go thru the Horvat treatment remember skating use to be his weakness now is his STRENTH

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He has definitely not been playing ‘exceptionally well’.

He’s been better, his puck management has been improved, and he’s making the odd good play here and there. He’s still small and slow. Since Christmas he’s moved the needle from ‘consistently worst player on the ice’ to ‘adequate bottom-6 type’.

Kole Lind measured 6'1" 185lbs at the combine. I won't consider him small. He does need to improve his skating, which is probably holding him back from doing anything.

He was drafted for his hockey IQ and vision. I anticipate that those good plays would become frequently. It's hard to make good plays though if you have trouble creating time and space.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad